Chapter 5: Slume

Chapter 5: Slume

A Chapter by Kornez

Chapter 5: Slume


You don't really have to take the capitol, we have the fortresses, that will keep them behaving,” Said king Rexor.

Warrior was about to protest when Grace landed with a few feathers flying everywhere.

Has anyone seen Joe, I can't find him anywhere!” said she.

Warrior stood.

He must have been taken by the Clouds, I will go look for him,” said Warrior.

Go forth light-speed!” Warrior shouted as he ran, across the water, across the Suncidian bridge, toward Cloud Labyrinth. Johnny meanwhile, had been watching Warrior for a while now. And he discovered that Warrior had one weakness. He hated to lose. Johnny wanted to take back his body, but when he saw where Warrior was going, he decided to wait. Cloud labyrinth was huge, and no wonder it was named after a large maze. You really could get lost if you didn't live here for all your life. Thank goodness they had a map. Warrior put himself in Joe's shoes.

Where would I go if I was him?” Warrior thought. Johnny had an idea.

Hey Warrior, I have an idea,” said he. Warrior was interested.

Do tell,” said he.

Well, if he was captured they probably brought him to that place over there,” said Johnny pointing to the robotics facility.

Yes, your right,” said Warrior. He was impressed.

For being a nuisance, you got eye kid,” said Warrior. He walked over to the robotics center.

It's closed.” Said Warrior disappointed.

There is a light on, try the doorknob,” said Johnny. Warrior did so, and it opened. It was dark inside the lab. The only light was a small table lamp and a lit meeting room on the second floor. A figure stood in the lamplight.

Nice place huh?” Asked the figure in a distorted voice.

Kinda needs a light,” said Warrior.

Well, I'm sorry, but i'm not turning on any other light,” said the stranger. Then Warrior noticed he had a sword.

What, you looking for a fight?” Asked Warrior.

To end you, yes,” Said the stranger.

My name, is Slume, and I am your down fall,” said Slume. Johnny had been too busy observing to notice Slume, he saw a figure in the meeting room with what looked like a remote control. Then Slume had what looked like an antenna on his helmet. Johnny realized that Slume was nothing more then a poor person being controlled by those Clouds. Johnny was thinking hard while Warrior and Slume fought. Then he saw a weakness on Slumes helmet. If he just jammed his sword on that part he could pop off Slumes helmet like a cork. Johnny had to save the poor soul, he had enough of being kept back all the time. Warrior realized everything was slowly going black. He realized Johnny was pulling him not pushing him this time. Warrior tried to fight back, but it seemed that Johnny had the upper hand this time. Warrior ended up in the corner. Johnny dodged Slumes jab and jammed his sword at that weak-spot. The helmet flew of and landed on the floor with a clang.

Joe?” Johnny asked in surprise.

Hi Warrior,” said Joe. He looked a bit bewildered.

Where am I?” He asked.

In a Cloudcidian lab,” Replied Johnny.

Oh yes, I was fooled into thinking it was a shop,” said Joe smiling slightly.

By the way, Warrior is in the corner now,” said Johnny. Joe smiled. “Welcome back Johnny.” said Joe clasping

Johnny's shoulder in a friendly way.

Yes, it was horrible being in that corner while Warrior paraded like an animal,” said Johnny. Joe glanced around.

Nice place, too bad I was turned into a killing machine,” said Joe. “Warrior was a bit rude while you were gone, he didn't respect Grace for what she was or is,” said Joe.

Can you call her?” Johnny asked.

Yes, I could, but I don't know if she'll forgive you,”Said Joe. He walked outside and Johnny followed.

I hope she has behaved while I was gone,” said Joe.

She looked all over for you,” Johnny said.

The poor thing must be terrified,” said Joe worriedly. We rushed outside of Cloud labyrinth and Joe blew his whistle. He waited anxiously. He blew the whistle a second time with lot's more effort. This time there was a response. Grace responded very enthusiastically and landed in-front of Joe. The two exchanged tears of joy and gratefulness.

If it wasn't for Johnny here, I wouldn't be alive,” said Joe. Grace walked over to Johnny.

I wanted to apologize on Warrior's behalf,” Said Johnny.

It's alright, just don't let me catch him talking like that again, I hate it when he's rude like that,” said Grace.

I must warn you,” said Joe to Johnny.

When we get back to Sun city, everyone will still thank your Warrior, so, your going to have to improvise,” When Johnny came to Sun city he was just a kid, but now that returned he was about to find out just how much of a idle Warrior was to Sun city.



© 2016 Kornez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016


Author

Kornez
Kornez

Greer, SC



About
Please read my stuff! One way Kornez is inspired to write is by the communication of others. So therefore he has decided to give you an idea of what he'd like to see when you review his stuff. .. more..

Writing