Chapter 13: Jealousy

Chapter 13: Jealousy

A Chapter by Kornez

Chapter 13: Jealousy


If you like something or someone, and something or someone else likes the same thing and then someone get's that thing, or person, and then a blinding emotion called jealousy will corrupt you with thoughts about what he has and what you don't. The way to destroy this monster is to be thankful for what you have.

For Sun City, Jealousy was a problem. Rexor wanted Johnny to go to the volcano and defeat Jealousy. The king wanted to get rid of Johnny, he thought Jealousy was perfect. Johnny walked to the volcano quite ready to face the jealousy of Sun City. Johnny saw this Jealousy. It was a lava monster. The door slammed closed behind Johnny.

Sorry,” Said Jealousy.

I can't let you go, I do this to all visitors,”

Even visitors who don't even want to be here?” Asked Johnny.

I'm waiting for someone, a assassin, the dark being told me he'd be here soon,” Said Jealousy. Johnny walked to a rock and sat there. “Young man, do you know what this world is jealous of?” Asked Jealousy.

No, I don't,” Replied Johnny.

Power, wealth, esteem, knowledge, want, selfishness, and greed of other happiness.” Said Jealousy.

I'm not surprised,” Said Johnny.

This world is whacked.”

Jealousy muttered something.

What is it?” Asked Johnny.

A person is coming, someone will die tonight,” Said Jealousy.

The door slowly opened and Sunny stepped in. Johnny gasped.

If it isn't the kings daughter,” Laughed Jealousy.

That's enough,” Growled Johnny.

Jealousy raised an eyebrow.

Are you the warrrior who's going to kill me?” He asked.

Yes,” Said Johnny.

The parents you had, always asking questions about this place,” Said Jealousy.

Johnny snarled.

The freedom they had, the way they escaped and things they said,” Said Jealousy.

Johnny was trying to keep himself from killing the monster.

Then they had two sons, one disappeared an the other his here, in Sun City,” Said Jealousy.

Why are you jealous of my family?” Johnny asked.

They had freedom,” Replied Jealousy.

He then noticed Johnny wasn't listening anymore, he watch watching Sunny.

Oh, do I see something I hate?” Asked Jealousy, he cringed.

He raised his sword.

Look out Sunny!” Johnny shouted.

Sunny screamed as the sword came down. Johnny had it.

You might be jealous of other peoples happiness, but that doesn't mean you kill off those that have it!” Johnny yelled.

What about you Warrior, what are you jealous of?” Jealousy asked.

Johnny blocked the monsters blow and threw his dagger. There was a howling and the monster of Jealousy exploded. Johnny held Sunny tightly. When he opened his eyes the lava had turned to ice, a couple feet away from him.

You alright Sunny?” Johnny asked.

Yes, I'm quite fine, thanks Johnny,” Whispered Sunny.

Johnny carried Sunny home, then wondered around the rather quiet streets of Sun City. Johnny wondered till he saw a clock tower. He opened the door and went inside. He slipped on a piece of ice and fell down the stairs. Johnny grabbed the rail to stop himself from falling any further. He stood and walked down what was left of the stairs.



© 2016 Kornez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016


Author

Kornez
Kornez

Greer, SC



About
Please read my stuff! One way Kornez is inspired to write is by the communication of others. So therefore he has decided to give you an idea of what he'd like to see when you review his stuff. .. more..

Writing