Chapter 16: Home

Chapter 16: Home

A Chapter by Kornez
"

If you've reached this far, then that means I've done a good job keeping you.

"

Chapter 16: Home


When Johnny woke, he saw his old house for the first time. Everyone shook his hand and Joe stood at the door smiling very sweetly. Johnny felt free, but he also felt it would be soon that he would go.

How long have I been alive?” Johnny asked.

Ninety eight years and two weeks,” Said Rexor.

It's been that long?” Groaned Johnny.

I don't blame you for your pain, that wound you have is pretty deep,” Said One of the surgeons.

It's the end, isn't it?” Asked Johnny.

If you want it to be.” Said Sunny Johnny's mother.

Johnny, finally won what he struggled for, a home, on earth. He started out as a young man full of questions and curiosities, he now ends, with all the questions answered and finally free of the tyrannical grip of Sun city. Johnny died a week later, his funeral was crowded with people. Johnny was the hero of Sun City and the father of books to come. I awoke with tears in my eyes, I had to write this dream. For I agree with warrior when I say, it was a good fight. I stare out the window to my world as I finish this narrative and wonder if I could make my world like Johnny's, and maybe.....maybe his family is still around. I closed my book and smiled. Johnny would forever, even if he was a dream, a hero in my mind. Let it be said, this is Johnny's story......and this.....is just the beginning.

The end...



© 2016 Kornez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016
Tags: fantasy, clouds, giants, suns, firebird


Author

Kornez
Kornez

Greer, SC



About
Please read my stuff! One way Kornez is inspired to write is by the communication of others. So therefore he has decided to give you an idea of what he'd like to see when you review his stuff. .. more..

Writing