A Night to Remember

A Night to Remember

A Chapter by Closet Writer
"

Chapter 6

"

As I make my way to the door I am nervous and when I open the door there he is, Derek the man I am willing to give up everything I believe in and change my way of thinking for. Looking at him I notice his beautiful smile and his gentlemen charm.


Slowly and hesitantly I say, “Hey, how are you?”


He looks at me and grins his boyish grin and replies, “I am doing well, how are you?”


He takes me by the hand and we walk so slowly down the drive way to his beautiful burnt orange eclipse and I want to speak but can’t find the words to answer his question. He drops my hand and with a smile and cocked head opens the door for me and I clamor into the beautiful car and buckle myself in, and he gets into the car and starts her up.


I say to him finally finding the words to speak, “I am good. Been busy with school, and working to make sure this date is great.” I flush red and an I see him grinning out my peripheral.


He starts speaking in his beautiful deep voice and says, “I think you are doing very well so far, but I won’t get ahead of ourselves just yet.”


I can’t help but love how he is so easy to talk to, I mean I literally have known him for a few days and it’s like I have known him for months. I turn to him and he is turning into this small restaurant parking lot and it is lit up with beautiful twinkle lights and he meets me as I open my door. Grabbing my hand he helps me out, walking up he tells the guy at the door,” reservation for Derek Phelps, for two. 


“The host then replies, “Yes sir, your table is ready.”


Following the host to the small room in the back next to the window we are alone, and Derek pulls my chair from the table and I sit, he then takes his place across from me and we sit in an awkward silence until it needed to be broken and I speak,


“This is a lovely restaurant, Italian is one of my favorite foods.”


He responds, “I love it to, something so comfortable about Italian and from what I hear this restaurant is one of the best in Maine.”


I smile and he smiles a shy smile back when we are then approached by our waiter, and he asks,

“What can I get you to drink?”


I say,” Iced tea.” Derek says, “Water with lemon.”


The server writes it on his small note pad and walks away, again the table falls quiet and we start to speak again.

I ask, “How is deployment preparation going?” I am a little unsure if I should have asked but I want to know more than anything how this is supposed to work.


Derek says in his deep raw voice, “It is taking its toll, so much to get ready for, and I am hoping to make sure that I do not mess this up. I really like you Valery, you are not like other girls I have met, and as much as I look forward to doing my job, I worry you won’t be able to commit on such a short timeline.”

The waiter returns with our drinks and we both order. I say, “I would like the spaghetti with meat sauce.” Derek says,” I’ll take the garlic herbs pasta with chicken.”


The waiter walks off and I continue with our conversation by saying,


“As much as I want to say it will be okay I don’t wish to make things harder than they need to for our date, I know I like you, but things are moving so fast and I am worried I am getting into something I am not at all prepared for. I saw how this life affected my mother and I fear it could be hard for her and myself.”


He looks at me and I flush red, I can’t help it but I feel like I am making things harder and I know he is trying to be cool. A few moments later our server returns with our food, and the conversation stops as we start to stuff our faces with the amazing food we had ordered. Once we finish our food and receive the check, and like a gentleman he pays without a second thought.


Back in the car we drive to the park where we were supposed to meet and he grasps my hand and we start walking and moments later I am sitting on the swing and his is pushing me, and I feel so free.
I blurt out,


“I want this to work.”


He just smiles and says to me, 


“Babe, we are off to a great start and I am having such a great time. I love simple pleasures with you.

I find myself slowing down, and he grasps my waist and I turn to him and he looks into my eyes, and in a moment his soft strong lips brush across mine and the moment I have not even bothered to thing about is happening and it is pretty amazing. Slowly he pulls away and I am reeling and it is the most erotic moment of my life and I wish he hadn't stopped.


Grabbing my hand he pulls me to my feet and I am looking into his beautiful eyes, and he is looking into mine. He places a lock of hair behind my ear and kisses my cheek. We walk back to the car and the sun had gone down completely and he looks over at me and says,


“I think it’s time I take you home and well see each other again soon.”


I frown and say, “I wish we could stay out longer, and I really have enjoyed my time out with you.”


He smiles and we are soon driving back to my house, we then pull up in my drive way and he gets out with me and walks me to my door. As I get ready to walk in he grabs my hand and pulls me into his embrace and again is kissing me. I pull back and say,


“I have to go or this could last all night I really do hate to leave.” He smiles and grins and gives me a soft nuzzle and says to me,


“Babe, you can have my kisses as much and as often as you want, just say the word. Now go inside and get some sleep, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”


Sending me off I walk into the house and I am so weak in the knees. I walk into my room and strip my boots and find my pajamas, crawling into bed I replay the night and I am so happy, and then I remember he is leaving soon. As quickly as the smile crossed my face it fades and I drift into deep thought.



© 2015 Closet Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 4, 2015
Tags: military, love, hope, freedom


Author

Closet Writer
Closet Writer

Lompoc, CA



About
I am Victoria! I am 22 years young! I have been writing since I could remember! I am married with one son! My other babies consist of two rather rambunctious dogs! I am a college student, and my .. more..

Writing