Surprise

Surprise

A Chapter by Closet Writer
"

Chapter7

"

Seems like hours have passed but it had only been minutes. I keep replaying what he said, “Babe, you can have my kisses as much and as often as you want, just say the word.” How, he is leaving, he is going away and I won’t be able to see or touch him at all! For a moment I feel as though I may cry but fight back tears. Looking at the clock once more I settle in for the night.


Next morning I meet mom as she is leaving for work with a kiss and swift hug she is out the door. I have noticed she worked late the last few nights, and I have not told her about anything. I get to school and Emily is standing with a few girls, I have not been talking to her lately and she looks mad. As I walk toward the school she stops me and snarls,

                “Some friend Val! I called you like all weekend and most of last week. You are never home anymore. Boys are a terrible excuse to completely ignore me, your supposed best friend!”


She quickly walks off not giving me any time to explain, and personally, I do not feel like talking to anyone right now. I am still hanging onto the words Derek said! I also know Emily well enough to say she can be a bit self-involved. I just need to know what he meant by as much as you want. I sigh. My birthday is in a few days I sure hope she gets over being mad at me before then. Final bell rings for the day and I go to my locker. Emily is standing there and she hugs me, it was like a hundred and eight swap from her mood this morning.


“OH Val! I am so sorry! I just missed you is all!” Emily says before she hugs me. I smile at her and tell her, “It’s nothing to worry about and hug her, she says, “be ready for your birthday only four days left! Then you are legal! I cannot wait to cut the cake!”


We both laugh, and walk home. On the way home I have spilled the details with Derek, and she is in shock, when she speaks she says, “Valery, you love him. It’s in your entire body that you are drawn to him. Go for it honey!”  I smile and she walks inside. More to think about, great! I make it to my drive way and seen my gorgeous man standing there. He hands me a piece of paper, and smiles with a soft kiss he walks away not saying a single word.

I walk inside, and place all my things by the door, walking to my room I take out this piece of paper, with my name written on it, and start to read.



                Dear Valery,

                                We have known each other for the last two weeks, and I know I have fallen for you. I know I want nothing more than to spend an entire life time with you. I know your birthday is coming, and I found out I leave the day before. So I want to ask that you meet me where we first had our date and I would like to give you a birthday gift before I leave.

I am totally crazy about you Valery. Nothing makes me happier than you. I Love You!


 

I gasp! How, what? I know I care for him in a way I cannot explain. Perhaps I do love him, and I must get ready. I have to meet him. Thankfully I have no homework this evening and I can work on getting ready. I put on my favorite jeans, and find a dark purple top, putting it on I find my boots and work on my hair, I curl it and pin it up neatly. Looking at the clock it is six and I head out the door.


I get to the pier, and it’s lit with beautiful candles, and in the middle is a tall man, dark headed, with beautiful blazing green eyes, and standing with a rose in his hand. As I approach he kneels on one knee and pulls a small black box from his pocket. I say nothing I freeze in shock and I … He speaks,


Valery, I know this is sudden, but I love you, I love you so much! Valery Gail, I want to spend my life coming home to you, loving you, and I want to know you are always safe, and I never want anything more in my life than you. Marry me?


I can’t speak, but I am freaking out, and I without thinking really I blurt, “YES!” Oh my god, Valery what have you just done, my conscious screams at me and I happily ignore her.


I notice tears falling and I can’t help but embrace him, he then speaks,


“Valery, you have just made me the happiest, most lucky man in all the world!”


I say, “Derek I am so happy, I love you.” I said it and it was not strange but so fulfilling. I am in love with a man, who knew I could love and be in love so quickly, it’s like I crossed over from child to an adult and I notice he is putting something on my finger, a beautiful white gold ring with a small but appropriate diamond in the center, and I love it. It is me on so many levels.


He looks down and kisses me, and I kiss him back. His kisses are always warm, and soft, and full of heat and passion, I truly am very lucky! I found it, this complete feeling I have been looking for I found it.

I step back and I know time is standing still he caresses my cheek and kisses my forehead, and softy says, “now Valery, do you have a date in mind,” and I know he is hoping before he leaves. You leave before my birthday and right now I do not know. He is smiling at me and I just hug him once more.

 



© 2015 Closet Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on January 6, 2015
Last Updated on January 6, 2015
Tags: military, love, hope, freedom


Author

Closet Writer
Closet Writer

Lompoc, CA



About
I am Victoria! I am 22 years young! I have been writing since I could remember! I am married with one son! My other babies consist of two rather rambunctious dogs! I am a college student, and my .. more..

Writing