My Big Day

My Big Day

A Chapter by Closet Writer
"

Chapter 10

"
Its finally morning when i wake, groggy and everything feels so unreal. I am getting married in just a few short hours, to a man I just met, who I fell in love with in just a couple weeks, with my mothers approval, and I suddenly feel a bit sick to my stomach, wedding jitters I think.
I slowly rise from my bed, and once I am up I walk to the bathroom where my wedding dress hangs, and I cant help but feel a bit of relief. It is beautiful, it is real and this day, my day will be perfect. I plug in my straighter and wait for it to warm up, as I wait I slowly apply a small bit of eyeliner and some mascara. Once i am finished i flat iron my hair and slowly pin it up in a very nice bun. 
Emily walks in and says to me, " You are running behind, your mom is already ready and waiting, and Derek is already at the courthouse, get a move on." I smile at her as i slip into my dress, my mother soon walks in with tears swelling in her eyes, she says to me, " I am so proud of you, your young, but I trust you. Your father would be so proud and I wish he were here with us." She embraces me warmly and then places the vail just right, we slowly gather the rest of the small details and walk to the car.
Its another cold day in October, and I am so glad that this is all taking place inside the courthouse. We drive for what seems like a very long time when we finally turn onto the road with the courthouse, I suddenly feel short of breath. I am numb, I am scared, and I am not breathing I exhale, and Emily asks, "Val are you okay?" I try and give her reassurance with a half smile. She rubs my back and we finally park. Emily gets out and its just mom and me, this is the last time I will be Valery Elisa Gail, in just a short while I will be Mrs. Valery Elisa Phelps, and it will be a whole new world. 
Mom looks over at me, I know she is trying to hold back tears and she smiles, "Ready Val?" she says, and we get out of the car. As we walk up the steps and into the courthouse I am over come with emotions, both happy and sad, excited and nervous. Until standing before me is a handsome young man in black dress coat and navy pants stands before me, his eyes bright deep green, his dark beautiful tan skin, and his young handsome face, and I suddenly feel at easy. 
Derek is absolutely perfect. I mumble to myself when he walks over to me, and speaks, "Valery, you are about to make me the most lucky man on the planet, you are absolutely stunning." I smile shyly and he speaks again, " Valery these are my parents, they flew in from Iowa last night, Maggie and Gary Phelps," I smile and shake there hands, they are some what intimidating but have kind eyes. Derek looks just like his father, I can see the pride he carries when with them.  I finally speak, Nice to meet you both, This is my mom, Shelly." They shake hands and make small talk as we wait for our turn with the judge.
Finally after what seems like forever, we hear our names and walk in. There it was the moment was here, I am fixing to change my life with some vows and I was very calm, no doubts, I could only hope Derek felt the same. 
Then the judge spoke," Good afternoon, today we are here to join this man and woman in holy matrimony, any objections speak now." the room is silent, and I am thankful. The judge speaks again, " Valery Gail is underage do you have a parent here to sign the paper allowing this union?" I reply, "yes" and my mother steps forward to sign the paper work. She then speaks again, "Do you have your own vows or would you like traditional?" Derek and I wrote our own, and she nods and allows Derek to proceed. 
" Valery Elisa Gail, today I take you as my wife, my friend, and my partner, to walk with you, protect you, and cherish you. I have spent these last few weeks falling more in love than I have ever known. I promise with me you will never feel lonely or abandon, you will always be my equal, and our lives will always be an adventure we share together."
Judge speaks, "Valery you may proceed."
"Derek, meeting you has changed my life, you have given me so much in such a short time, you have opened my mind to things I never thought possible. Derek with me, you will be my friend, my love, my partner, and husband, I will take care of you through both sickness and health, I will wait for you no matter where you go, I will always be here for you to confide in and forever follow you to the ends of the world. I promise to speak to you when things are easy and hard, I promise to be there when words cannot be said, I promise to fulfill your life with all the love i have to give."
Judge speaks again, "Derek place the ring upon Valery's finger and repeat after me, this ring will serve as a reminder of my love for you and our eternal life together."
 Derek places the ring upon my finger and i return the favor.
Judge speaks again, by the power vested in me in the state of Maine i pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss your bride.
Derek steps forward and suddenly our lips are touching my body burns, he steps back and I smile an almost giddy smile. My mother was in tears along with Emily, Mr. and Mrs. Phelps where both smiling and Derek takes my hand as we walk out. My mother walks up to me with a hug, see you at home for the party, everyone left with my mom, except for myself and Derek we went to our honeymoon suit it was ours for the night, I changed into my Jeans, and white sweater and boots, my husband changed into some jeans and a nice button up blue sweatshirt. 
We gather up and get into the car on the way to our party.


© 2016 Closet Writer


Author's Note

Closet Writer
I havent added to this for a while. So i apologies, I have been absent. However if you can add anything to help I am always for suggestions. Sorry this chapter is so long!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on November 1, 2016
Last Updated on November 1, 2016


Author

Closet Writer
Closet Writer

Lompoc, CA



About
I am Victoria! I am 22 years young! I have been writing since I could remember! I am married with one son! My other babies consist of two rather rambunctious dogs! I am a college student, and my .. more..

Writing