The Rivals

The Rivals

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory is second cousin to Lord Andrew Charles Howard .

"
Lord Richard William Carey and Lord Andrew Charles Howard are second cousins as they share the same great-great-grandfather, Lord Frederick William Howard.
Both have their eye on Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell as a bride, but she isn't looking for a husband or marriage. She has made it clear that all she wants is a platonic friendship.
Lord Richard William Carey is handsome, romantic, old fashioned and he loves art, dancing, literature, music, and poetry and he is romantic.
On the other hand, Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell had very little in common but they had a similar goal -he needed an heir/heiress to cliche the title of Duke of Norfolk Territory and she wanted a daughter.
It wasn't enough to draw them together, Lord Andrew Charles Howard believed in love at first sight but Karissa didn't.
Neither wanted to enter into a loveless marriage with a woman that they didn't love like so many aristocrats.
Both had seen the result of such marriages and they were not happy.
Lord Andrew Charles Howard was a very handsome young man but he was also rebellious, unconventional, defiant, high-spirited, whereas Lord Richard William Carey was handsome, romantic, sentimental, and had a kind heart.
Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell in her own way was high-spirited, beautiful, unconventional, romantic, and traditional in many ways.
Karissa wasn't looking to get romantically involved with man be him an aristocrat or commoner.
Lord Richard William Carey and her became good friends and he would travel out to visit her at Madame's Boarding.
Lord Richard William Carey and Karissa would spend time out in Madame's Garden.
Lord Richard William Carey loved poetry, music, literature, art, and dancing and likewise Karissa loved art, dancing, literature, music, and poetry.
Whereas Lord Andrew Charles Howard really didn't care for any of the intellectual pursuits but he was ambitious.
Karissa wasn't interested in his ambition and she warned him it would be his downfall in time.
Both Lord Andrew Charles Howard and Lord Richard William Carey were potential suitors seeking Karissa's affection.
Karissa only wanted a platonic friendship and she made it clear to Lord Richard William Carey and he understood, but both Lord Andrew Charles and Lord Richard William Carey hoped that they could win Karissa's love and in time marry her.
Lord Richard William Carey, Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley and Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell all shared a similar experience of loss.
Lord Richard William Carey experienced the loss of Lady Henrietta Rose Clifford, Lt Kevin Thomas Riley suffered the loss of his family on Talos IV under the butcher, Kudos and Karissa Elizabeth An Lowell experienced the loss of her family due to radiation poisoning.
The three became good friends, but friendship is all that Karissa wanted as she was still trying to get over the loss of her beloved Roy L Mock who died from prostate cancer as a result of radiation poisoning.


© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful chapter and great novel.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent chapter and I will continue to read.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: StarTek, EnglishHistory, HistoricalRomance, NobleHouseofCarey, NobleHouseofHoward


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing