The Garden at Madame's Boarding House

The Garden at Madame's Boarding House

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

The woman that both Lord Richard William Carey and Lord Andrew Charles Howard wants is Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell.

"
Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell was given the key to Monsieur Jacques Valois garden. Madame Valois told Karissa that it brought back many memories and how her late husband loved it.

Karissa told Madame about the 1990 Broadway Musical "The Secret Garden" based on the novel written by Frances Hodgson Burnett who was a British-American and that her novel tells about a gentleman that loses his wife after taking a fall from a tree outside in her garden and brings on the labor with their only child, Lord Colin Craven, but both Colin and the garden reminds of his beloved Lady Lily.

Lord Archibald Craven gets mad at his son, God, and the garden and he locks up the garden and he thinks he throws away the key, but in 1910 his niece, Mary Lennox comes to live with him as she has lost her father and mother in a Cholera Epidemic and she is sent to live with her Uncle Archibald Craven.

One day Mary is exploring Misselthwaite Manor and she finds her first cousin, Lord Colin Craven and he is the same age that she is but he has been locked up and kept from everyone until Mary convinced him to go into his mother's garden and something miraculous happens Lord Colin regains his heath and he learns to walk and play with Dickon Sowerby and Mary out in the garden.

Lord Archibald Craven has a dream where Lady Lily appears to him and he calls out "Where are you Lily?"

Lily calls out "I am out in the garden with Mary! I am out in the garden with Mary." and he wakes up and he pays his bill and he orders his carriage to take him back to Misselthwaite Manor and when he arrives they tell him that Lord Colin in his bedroom but he isn't he is out in the garden with Mary and Dickon.

Lord Archibald Craven is amazed and happy to see his son, Lord Colin playing with Mary and Dickon and Lord Colin walks up to his father and says "Look father. I am walking and I am all well. It was Mary, Dickon and my mother's garden that made me well. I am going to live forever."

Lord Archibald Craven gives the garden to Mary and promises her that he will never lock up the garden again."Karissa explains.

At some point Lord Archibald is thinking about suicide and that is when Lady Lily appears to him from the beyond and she starts to sing this song to him "How Could I Ever know." Karissa tells her.

"There are so many songs about gardens, Madame Valois." Karissa tells her.

"There is a song by Sir Elton John and it is beautiful

You hear it every day

Once upon a time they say

Once upon a time in this place

I looked and saw on your face

A smile that spoke to me

In oh so many ways

The Sunday morning bells

Rang out that all was well

Sunshine across the yard

We'd rest when we worked hard

We take a little time off

To appreciate the day

And love builds a garden

Grew it from the ground up

Each one of us knowing

Every inch of it was us

We pulled it all together

Hoping and believing

That love built this garden

For the two of us to dream in

We'd get a little rain

Then the sun came out again

But a frost it's hard to fight

Once it takes hold flowers die

There's only so much you can do

To keep some things alive

And love builds a garden

Grew it from the ground up

Each one of us knowing

Every inch of it was us

We pulled it all together

Hoping and believing

That love built this garden

For the two of us to dream in

Sad to say, it's true

Without a lover who

Cares as much

Well I guess, I guess it goes to prove

That love built a garden

Growed it from the ground up

Each one of you knowing

Every inch of it is trust

Pulled it all together

Hoping and believing

That love builds a garden

Source: Lyric Find

Songwriters: Elton John / Bernard J.P. Taupin

Love Builds a Garden lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Walt Disney Music Company

"If you look the right way. The whole world is a garden." Karissa tells Madame Valois.

Karissa's late mother taught her to tend a garden. It didn't matter if it was a flower garden, vegetable or fruit garden. It was a garden."

Madame Valois asks Karissa if she will take care of her beloved late husband's garden and she agrees and with tender loving care it starts to come back to life and it starts to bloom.

When Madame Valois walks into the garden. She is brought to tears and memories and she remembers the song "How I Could I Ever Know."

Lord Richard William Carey walks into the garden and he sees Karissa and Madame Valois in the garden and he looks around " I see Monsieur Valois is back to the way that it used to be. Monsieur Valois loved this garden and he named it after Versailles in France." Lord Richard William Carey tells Karissa.

"Monsieur's great-great-great-great grandfather and great-great-great-great-grandmother traveled with my great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard and Lord Phillip Carey a day before that fateful day of May 1, 2153."

"Lord Phillip Valois with his wife, Lady Isabella traveled with them. When they heard that Paris, The Eiffel Towel, The Cathedral of Notre Dame, and The Palace of Versailles had been destroyed. My grandfather told me that my great-great-grandfather said it nearly killed him, but Lord Patrick William reminded him that everyone lost something during that time." Lord Richard William Carey explains.

"There was celebration when Colonel Phillip Green was destroyed by Flint The Immortal by the Ebola Virus." Lord Richard William explains.

"My great-great-great-father didn't believe that the church in Indiana was taken up in the air with the people by the so call "Red Angel" who was just a time traveler." Lord Richard William states.

"The garden is beautiful." Lord Richard William tells Madame Valois.

"I couldn't have done without Karissa." Madame Valois tells him.

The garden is restored and Madame Valois learns to accept the fact that one day she will join her beloved Jacques in heaven.

"There will never be another Palace of Versailles, Eiffel Towel, Cathedral of Notre Dame, as there will never be another Tower of London, Westminster Abbey where all the Kings and Queen of England's were crowned, and St. Paul Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Hampton Court Palace, Greenwich Palace or Big Ben." Lord Richard William explains.

Karissa tells them ' The war destroyed the White House, The Statue of Liberty that The French gave us, Washington Monument, Jefferson or Lincoln Memorial, Monticello or Mount Vernon.'

Lord Andrew Charles Howard shows up at Madame's Boarding House as well and he walks around the path that leads to the garden. He walks in and he sees Lord Richard William Carey with Madame Valois and Karissa.

Lord Andrew Charles looks around and he says, " I remember this garden when Monsieur Valois was taking care of it. Father had a lot of respect for Monsieur Valois."

'I heard you lived here Karissa and I told father I was going to come out and visit you. I wasn't aware that my second cousin would be here too." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Who told you that I lived out here?"Karissa asked.

"I asked a kindly gentleman while I was out traveling plus Kevin Riley wouldn't tell me where you lived." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Lord Andrew Charles Howard. The only thing I can offer you right now is a Platonic friendship." Karissa explains. "It is the same thing that I offered Lord Richard William Carey and Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley."

"I have no wish to become a runny nose stuffy aristocrat." Karissa states.

"I know you can't help being born into an aristocratic family." Karissa explains, "I want no part of it."

"I am sure if you look hard enough you will find a nice young woman of your social status." Karissa tells him.

"I don't want to marry an aristocrat." Lord Andrew Charles tells her " They don't interest me."

"What interests you is to become Duke of Norfolk Territory. It is your ambition. " Karissa tells him.

"I want no part of your ambition." Karissa explains.

"I was told for you to become Duke of Norfolk Territory that you must have an heir/heiress." Karissa states.

"Look elsewhere, Lord Andrew Charles. I don't want any children of mine to be associated with it." Karissa explains.

Lord Andrew Charles looks at his second cousin and asks, " Is this what she told you as well?"

"It is Lord Andrew Charles Howard. I respect her wishes and I have accepted the terms that she has to offer." Lord Richard William tells him.

"Lt Kevin Thomas Riley has well." Lord Richard William tells him.

Lord Andrew Charles looks at Karissa " I have no choice to accept but to accept your offer."

Both Lord Richard William Carey and Lord Andrew Charles Howard have to find out what Karissa wants and try to give it to her, but she never tells them what is in her heart.


© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


Author's Note

Lady_Wicca65
https://youtu.be/ylJffPSDb70

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work and chapter . It is amazing.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: StarTrek, EnglishHistory, NobleHouseofHoward, NobleHouseofCarey, HistoricalRomance


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing