The Sunday Picnic

The Sunday Picnic

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

Lord Richard William Carey and Karissa have a Sunday Picnic together

"













Lord Richard William Carey and Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell are spending the day out at Bedford Castle.

Lord Richard William Carey asked Karissa if she would join him for a Sunday picnic and she answered, " I will be very happy to join you."

"I saw Kevin yesterday. He sends his warm regards. He has been busy trying to catch up with his studies since his tragedy." Lord Richard William tells Karissa.

'I am sure Kevin will be out here in his time."Karissa tells Lord Richard William Carey.

"I will be attending the Star-Fleet Academy dinner and dancing with him." Karissa tells Lord Richard William Carey.

"Kevin wants me to meet some of his friends." Karissa explains, " I love to dance, and meet new people."

"I have to go into town and buy a new dress to wear to the dinner dance at Star-Fleet Academy." Karissa tells Lord Richard William.

"When you are ready to go into town. I will be most happy to drive you into town, so you can do your shopping." Lord Richard William tells her.

"How many dresses shops and boutiques are in town?" Karissa asks.

"We have a number of specialty dress shops in town for you to go into. I am sure that one of the shops and boutiques will have what you are looking for." Lord Richard William tells her.

"My cook prepared us a wonderful meal." Lord Richard William tells Karissa.

"I am sure happy that you accepted my invitation." Lord Richard William tells her.

"I was happy to accept your invitation." Karissa tells him.

Lord Richard William and Karissa leave Madame's Boarding House together and they head for his carriage and he helps her to get into the carriage and the carriage starts on its way to Bedford Castle.

While the carriage is heading to Bedford Territory. The people line the streets of Bedford and Lord Richard William Carey stands and waves to his people.

Lord Richard William has the carriage to stop and he climbs out of the carriage and he gives Karissa his hand to help her climb out of the carriage.

Lord Richard William with Karissa by his side. They walk over to meet his people and a woman walks up to Lord Richard William and she gives him a curtsy and she rises and hands him a bouquet of white houses as his noble ancestor had fought for King Richard II, the eldest grandson of King Edward III.

Lord Richard William smiles and he accepts the bouquet and gives the bouquet to Karissa who thanks the woman for the bouquet of white roses.

Many people come up to Lord Richard William and Karissa and present him with home-made gifts and he gives them thank you gifts of credits.

One gentleman walks up, he bows and asks "Your Grace, when are you going to present us a Duchess and heir/heiress?"

"My good Sir. I am working on it, but it takes time." Lord Richard William assures him.

"You must forgive him, Karissa. My people look to me to give them an heir/heiress." Lord Richard William explains, "They don't want Bedford to fall into the hands of the Howard's"

"The Howard's relatives governed a lot of the territories as they married into the Howard family." Lord Richard William explains.

"My great-grandmother was Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard and her brother was Lord Charles Andrew SR, Lord Frederick William II and Lord Andrew Charles Howard, the late Duke of Northumberland Territory." Lord Richard William explains.

'Lord Andrew Charles Howard married Lady Elizabeth Percy and they have two children, Lord Phillip Howard and Lady Phillipa Howard. Lord Phillip Howard married Lady Mary Dacre and they had Lord Edward Howard and he married Lady Joan Beaufort and they had my second cousin, Lord Thomas William Howard, current Duke of Northumberland Territory." Lord Richard William tells Karissa.

Karissa is silent and they finally climb back into the carriage and it heads for Bedford Castle.

Bedford Castle is a magnificent castle and was built a long time ago in 2160 upon the arrival of Lord Patrick William in 2158
Bedford Castle is a magnificent castle and was built a long time ago in 2160 upon the arrival of Lord Patrick William in 2158. He drew up the blue-prints of Bedford Castle. Lord Robert Carey named it after his beloved Bedford that was destroyed during World War III. It had been the Carey family since 2160.

Lord Robert Carey with the help of Lord Patrick William Howard claimed the northwestern territory on Star Base 12.

It wasn't until the same year that Lord Frederick William Howard that Lord Phillip Carey was born as well in 2165 and it was his son, Lord William Carey that married Lord Frederick William's daughter, Lady Sophia Charlotte in 2189.

It was to be a very happy marriage and with Lady Jeanette Virginia and three other son's by her side Lord Frederick William escorted Lady Sophia Charlotte up the aisle.

Lord Frederick William II with his two brothers with their swords drawn made sure that their only sister was going to marry the man that loved her and she was going to marry the man that loved her.

Lord Charles Andrew told his father " Old man. I don't want to make my mother a widow, but I will for the sake of my sister."

Lord Frederick William II tells his father " I will cut you into collops." and he draws out his sword.

Lady Sophia Charlotte gives birth to Lord George in 2210, the very same year that Lady Alexandra Elizabeth gives birth to Lord Charles Andrew JR.

Lord Charles Andrew JR only has very good memories of his first cousin, Lord George Phillip Carey and he was there when he married Lady Isabella Bourbon in 2223 and he was present when Lady Isabella gave birth to Lord Robert Carey in 2225, but he was married against his will to Lady Patricia Eugenie Stuart, but Lord George and Lady Isabella were present when Lady Patricia gave birth to Lord Charles Andrew III in 2230 and at their wedding in 2228.

Lord Charles Andrew SR was there when Lady Sophia Charlotte presented him with his first niece, Lady Wilhelmina Phillipa Carey in 2215, the very same year that Lord Richard Edward Howard was born.

Lord William and Lady Sophia Charlotte only had two children, Lord George and Lady Wilhelmina Phillipa.

Lord Robert Carey marries Lady Lettice Knolly in 2248 and in June of 2250, Lady Lettice gives birth to Lord Richard William Carey and in 2256 she gives birth to Lady Richenda Wilhelmina Carey.

Lady Sophia Charlotte was born in 2170 and died in 2255 at the age of 85 when Lord Richard William Carey was only five years old.

Lord William Carey died in 2250 at the age of 80 years old.

Lord Richard William Carey has fond memories of his great-grandmother.

The Carey carriage pulls up into the driveway of Bedford Castle and Lord Richard William Carey helps Karissa out of the carriage.

Lord Richard William offers Karissa his arm and she accepts and they walk to the front door of Bedford Castle and he opens up the door and lets her step into his home first and he steps after and closes the door.

The porter greets him " Lord Carey. The cook has your picnic basket ready for your picnic." Mr. Johnston tells him and he gives him the picnic basket and he gives the basket to Karissa and she accepts and they walk out through the terrace and they walk down a path that leads in the garden at Bedford.

"This is an open garden. There are no high walls, no doors, and it is open to all." Lord Richard William tells her.

"The children come to play in the garden that lives nearby and they bring the pet dogs here to play ." Lord Richard William explains.

"The garden is very beautiful and you must have a wonderful gardener that tends to it." Karissa tells him.

"I have several gardeners. My grandmother, Lady Isabella Bourbon had this garden made up when she married my grandfather, Lord George." Lord Richard William states.

"My grandmother came from the French line of Bourbon started by King Louis IX youngest son, Prince Robert who married Lady Isabella Bourbon." Lord Richard William states.

"I am part French but mainly English." Lord Richard William Carey states, "Of course one I am a descendant of Lord John Howard, 1st Duke of York through two of his grandchildren, Lady Elizabeth Howard and Lord William Howard, through Lord Thomas Howard's two wives, Lady Elizabeth and Lady Agnes who were cousins." Lord Richard William states.

"Through Lady Elizabeth through her daughter, Lady Mary Boleyn who married Lord William Carey and through Lord Henry Carey, Baron Hudson, whose daughter, Lady Catherine Carey married Lord Charles Howard, the son of Lord William Howard." Lord Richard William Carey tells Karissa.

"There are always drawbacks in being connected with the Howard family." Lord Richard William explains.

Karissa just listens to Lord Richard William Carey before he decides to change the subject to something more tasteful like literature, art, music, or poetry.

Overall, their picnic turns out to be very enjoyable and they enjoy each other's company.

Finally the day turns into early evening and Lord Richard William faithful to his word escorts Karissa back to Madame's boarding house and he walks her up to the front door and says "Thank you for joining me today."

"You are very welcome, Lord Richard William. I had a very good time. I enjoyed the company." Karissa answers and with everything said and done Karissa enters Madame's Boarding House and Lord Richard William travels back to Bedford Castle.


© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: StarTrek, NobleHouseofHoward, NobleHouseofCarey, HistoricalRomance, EnglishHistory


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing