The Reunion and Remembrance

The Reunion and Remembrance

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

Reminiscing and Remembrance recaps our novel.

"

It has been many years since Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell first arrived on Star Base 12 from a devastated Post World War Three that manifested on May 1, 2153 without warning the ECON lodged the first nuclear war missile.

On the fateful May 1, 2153, no one believed but let's look at the story of Noah Ark in the Old Testament when the Judaeo-Christian God told Noah to build an ark and gather all the clean animals up by seven and all unclear animals up by two both male and female along with his wife, sons, daughters, and their husbands and wives.

God told Noah that a great flood was coming and people of his day scorned him and thought he was insane and mocked and told him there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but all of sudden it started to rain like crazy and it flooded but Noah heeded the advice of God.

The same thing happened to Lord Patrick William Howard when he told everyone in Europe that they were on the brink of a third world war.

Everyone he knew scorned him, but a few aristocrats believed and he took them with his wife and they boarded The USS Excalibur on April 30, 2153.

The next day this is what Captain Jonathan Archer to them " At precisely 0230.26 hours Eastern Standard Time, on 1 May 2053 (an event later known as the "May Day Horror of '53"), the Eastern Coalition launched a first strike comprised of intercontinental ballistic missiles, bomber attacks, and portable nuclear weapons, against major North American and European cities, combined with a simultaneous Interface viral assault against the New United Nations computer infrastructure.[citation needed] Much to the surprise of the ECON political leadership, the New United Nations immediately retaliated with nuclear launches of their own, as well as bomber and satellite-based attacks against targets in the Middle East and Asia. Many Pacific nations sided with the Eastern Coalition against the United States when fighting finally breaks out. Other political groupings, such as the Muslim Bloc, were likewise hit extremely hard during the nuclear exchanges, despite being non-aligned with either side during the war.[citation needed]

The detonation of nuclear weapons over cities (in the multiple-megaton range) such as Washington, D.C., London, Moscow, Berlin, New York City, Boston, Dallas, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Mecca, Riyadh, Samarkand, Karachi, Singapore, and New Delhi killed nearly half a billion people instantly. Smaller detonations occurred over Hong Kong, Beijing, and Ho Chi Minh City. Un-detonated or failed nuclear devices were discovered in or around targets such as Denver, Paris, Madrid, Rome, and Istanbul. Of the hundreds of ICBMs and bombers launched by the United States and allied forces, only one in five made it into the air, due to EMP weapons and viral attacks against the military computer networks �" of these, only a fraction detonated properly. 

Near Richmond, Indiana, several jets dropped bombs. A group of people took shelter in the East Fork Presbyterian Church. As the bombs dropped, the group and the church was save when the church was transported to Terralysium. The group started the New Eden colony and worshiped the Red Angel who was in actuality a time traveler, Dr. Gabrielle Burnham.

Lord Patrick William Howard tells Captain Archer "It sounds like Joseph Smith and his damn Mormons. If my history serves me well he ran out of New York State, The State of Illinois, The State of Missouri, and The State of Ohio and they headed west to what was called the Territory of Utah."

"Joseph Smith states that some Angel named Moroni appeared to him and led him to the so-called Gold Tablets but he didn't do what the angel said the tablets were taken from him." Lord Patrick William states.

"Conventional military forces on both sides were quickly moved into offensive position against their respective foes �" on 3 May 2153, the First, Eighth, and Sixteenth Fleets under New United Nations command carry front-line troops into the Bay of Bengal, and the ECON launches a massive invasion of the North American continent, sending troops and military aircraft southward through Canada. Targets in New England (including Massachusetts), Minnesota, the Rocky Mountains, and the Midwest are hit hard by ECON forces, the U.S. military's defenses along the Canadian border failing utterly. The United States Air Force and United States Army both fought back against the invaders, but lost many fighters and ground soldiers to the enemy.

Certain military units were abandoned in enemy territory during the war, including a New United Nations brigade under the command of Colonel Green in Kashmiristan in late May. Finally, the Eastern Coalition's governing palace was destroyed by American forces, killing ECON founder Lee Kuan.

The post-atomic horror that followed severely destabilized global civilization; terrorist organizations and rogue states often detonated small-scale "suitcase nukes," while toxins and biogenic weapons were released. Drug-addled soldiers were often sacrificed in conventional battles on the ground after much of the planetary computer systems failed; numerous small-scale conflicts created chaos throughout the globe as warlords fought over the scraps of civilization. As a result of the ICBM detonations, an enormous dust cloud enveloped the Earth, resulting in several nuclear winters

Sovereign nations, including the United States, essentially ceased to exist following the war, the country falling into barbarism, carved up into fiefdoms controlled by competing warlords (including Colonel Green's despotic reign over the Pacific Northwest). Without federal resources to fall back upon, most local governments are unable to feed their own people; chaos and anarchy would reign for generations afterward, well into the 22nd century. The President of the United States, President Mendoza, survived the initial days of the war, but finds herself in command of very little afterwards.

The Siege of Las Vegas was a significant battle in the war, with American forces battling ECON troops for control of the city. The forces of the US troops would eventually prove victorious, defeating the ECON troops there.

In the initial nuclear exchange of World War III, Washington D.C. was completely destroyed, along with three surrounding U.S. states. Some major cities, such as Montreal, were actually spared from nuclear hits during the first rounds of ICBM exchanges.

During fighting in Paris during the war, the Eiffel Tower was destroyed. Additional combat took place in San Francisco, resulting in the destruction of the Coit Tower, among many other structures.

The U.S. state of Arkansas would be devastated by nuclear weapons at the start World War III, owing to the many military installations in the region. Even into the 21st century, some portions of the state would remain uninhabitable.

In 2154, one year following the outbreak of hostilities, Colonel Green surprised the surviving United States government by turning up in Alaska at the head of a massive army composed of both New U.N. and ECON soldiers. President Mendoza ordered Green to stand down, but is refused; Green slaughters his way across the continent, culling the "weak" and "impure" and those afflicted with radiation-sickness from humanity's gene pool, killing millions, until finally meeting his demise in Montana from an orbital strike launched by Flint the Immortal.

Humanity eventually turned over a new leaf when a few courageous people began to realize that they could make a difference. Early in the war, weather-control satellites developed by Flint the Immortal begin modifying Earth's ozone layer in an attempt to regenerate it, along with raising the planetary temperature enough to mitigate the effects of the harsh nuclear winter. This proved successful, ultimately reducing the number of potential casualties from the war.

Adrenaline regimens were discovered to be useful in treating radiation sickness after the war; this would later be supplanted by the even more effective Hyronalin therapies in later decades, after the end of the Atomic Age. The philosophy of Neo-Transcendentalism was founded by Liam Dieghan in response to the war's horrors, seeking to redress the pains of World War III by "returning [humanity] to a simpler life."

The war culminated circa 2153, when several of Earth's governments met in San Francisco to declare a cease-fire, effectively ending the war.

In the end, most of the world's major governments collapsed, and over 600 million people had died just from the immediate combat.


Despite the end of actual hostilities, the after-effects of the war referred to as "the post-atomic horror"�"lingered for decades to follow. Rule of law broke down in many places, and legal systems were abolished, with the suggestion to "kill all the lawyers" from Henry VI being taken literally in some places. Asia was particularly devastated. (The year 2153 was)considered part of this conflicted era and saw a number of Humans abandon the planet whereupon they settled on the world of Okeanos.

Much of the United States economy was ruined, with the population reduced to standards of living less than that of the victims of the Great Depression a century earlier. So great were the horrors that human genius Zefram Cochrane had himself implanted with a pain-inhibiting chip in order to cope with the world around him. Nonetheless, his Project Phoenix was able to secure backing, and led to first contact only ten years later.

In later years, a monument honoring the hundreds of millions dead during the war was erected in San Francisco, on the former site of the Coit Tower. " Captain Archer explains.

It takes Lord Patrick William Howard and his travelers five years to reach Star Base 12 and they don't complete their homes on Star Base 12 until 2174 and Lady Penelope is the first one to give her husband a son, Lord Frederick William Howard in 2175.

Lord Patrick William Howard is a direct descendant of Lord John Howard and Lady Joan of Cornwall who herself is the great-granddaughter of King John of England.

Lord John Howard is the great-great-great-great-grandfather of Lord John Howard the 1st Howard Duke of Norfolk Territory who died at Bosworth field with King Richard III and Lord John Devereux.

Lord Frederick William left four children to carry on what his father started in 2175, Lord Frederick William II, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard and Lord Andrew Charles and it was Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR who succeeded his father in 2210 and by then he had two children, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lord Richard Edward Howard SR and two more children would follow, Lady Sophia Charlotte and Lord Edwin William Howard.

It is Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR youngest son, Lord Andrew Charles Howard that succeeds his father as he provides his grandfather with his first great-grandchild, a granddaughter, name Lady Elizabeth named for Good Queen Bess, the daughter of King Henry VIII and his second Queen, Anne Boleyn who is the great-granddaughter of Lord John Howard and Lady Katherine de Moleyn through their son, Lord Thomas Howard and Lady Elizabeth Tinley, Queen Victoria the granddaughter of King George III whose son, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent told everyone "Look well she is going next Queen of England." He was proud of his daughter, Princess Alexandrina Victoria, Queen Anne, daughter of King James II and Queen Anne Hyde and in honor of Beltane one of the two most significant Pagan Sabbats in The Wheel and she was given the surname of her father, Lord Andrew Charles Howard.

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard would have never been born without her mother, a young woman named Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell who arrived on Star Base 12 from Post World War III Planet Earth in 2174.

Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell with two men helped to create a new dynasty of Howard's and Carey's.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell became first Marchioness of Pembroke Territory and when she married Lord Andrew Charles Howard she became Duchess of Norfolk Territory and later on Duchess of Bedford Territory the last 30 years of her life.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell gave birth to three sons and four daughters, Lady Elizabeth in 2275, Lady Samhain, Duchess of Clarence Territory in 2276, Lord Anthony Christopher Howard, Duke of Lancaster in 2280, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey in 2282, Lord Albert Edward Howard, Duke of Kent in 2285, Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Duke of Langley Territory in 2289 and finally Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea Howard, Duchess of Gloucester in 2295.

Both of Lady Karissa and Lord Andrew Charles Howard daughters married in 2294, Lady Elizabeth married her second cousin, Lord Richard Edward Howard III and Lady Samhain marries Lord David William Beck II and they are second cousin once removed.

Lady Elizabeth and Lord Richard Edward Howard III present her grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR with his first great-grandchild, a great-granddaughter named after Lady Elizabeth's mother, Lady Karissa Ann Howard in 2295.

Lord Anthony Christopher Howard marries Lady Elizabeth Ann Stuart his second cousin in 2299, and they present Lord Charles Andrew Howard with his first two great-grandsons, Lord Alexander Andrew Howard who will become the 1st Howard to govern the Duke of Lennox Territory on Star Base but it is their second son, Lord Andrew Charles II born in 2303 who marries present his grandfather, Lord Anthony Christopher a grandson, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III that marries his second cousin, Lady Victoria Elizabeth, the granddaughter of Lady Elizabeth and Lord Richard Edward Howard III in 2339, and the Howard family continues through Lady Elizabeth, Lord Richard Edward, and Lord Anthony Christopher Howard and Lady Elizabeth Ann.

Through Lady Caroline Matilda Carey and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Lord Richard William Carey's continue as their mother is also Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell passed away in June of 2330, after her 70 birthday.

Lady Karissa's family is devastated by her passing away as neither Lord Andrew Charles or Lord Richard William Carey expected her to die before them.

Lady Karissa asks Lady Elizabeth and her granddaughter, Lady Karissa to make sure that she is given a simple funeral and to lay her to rest in the New Howard Mausoleum and she wants Lord Andrew Charles to be laid on her left side and Lord Richard William to be laid to rest on her right side.

Lord Richard William Carey and Lord Andrew Charles along with Kevin Thomas Riley and Richard William get together and they plan out her simple funeral.

Lord Anthony, Lord Albert Edward, Lord Benjamin Lawrence, Lord Andrew Charles III and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II are her pallbearers at her funeral and Lord Andrew Charles, Lord Richard William Carey, Kevin Thomas Riley and Richard William along with Lady Elizabeth, Lady Samhain, Lady Caroline Matilda, Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea and Lady Victoria Elizabeth and Lord Andrew Charles III walk with the family to the New Howard Mausoleum with Lady Elizabeth reading the Poem "Don't Weep For me."

Kevin and Richard place a reef of white roses at the foot of her grave and they feel the lost the most as they knew her before she married either Lord Andrew Charles Howard or Lord Richard William Carey.

Lord Andrew Charles who is 74 years old and Lord Richard William Carey who will turn 75 after her death place a reef of white and red roses at the foot of her grave.

Lord Andrew Charles tells Lord Richard William Carey, Kevin Riley and Richard Richards "Who will ever think that Karissa would go before any of us."

Kevin looks at both Lord Andrew Charles and Lord Richard William and he tells him. " You two wore her down by making her have your children and of course she never complained. She didn't want to see either what Lord Patrick William Howard died away or what Lord Robert Carey started to die away either."

"When she arrived she was full of life, but you, Lord Andrew Charles, wouldn't leave her alone." Kevin tells him.

"Karissa gladly gave you five children and helped you to become Duke of Norfolk Territory." Kevin tells him.

"You are my friend, Lord Richard William , but you did the same by making her pregnant with your two children. I have one consolation: my son is married to her daughter, Lady Caroline Matilda and this way I will always have a part of Karissa with me." Kevin explains.

"She loved her children. All seven of them. She made sure that Lady Elizabeth would pave the way to make sure daughters would inherit as their father's first child inherit their father's title and property without the fear of being replaced by a younger brother." Kevin states.

"Lady Elizabeth did just that, she made sure that daughters would never be replaced by a younger brother." Kevin states.

"I won't say farewell to Karissa but only adieu as farewell sounds final." Kevin tells them.

"I have my memories and picture of Richard, Karissa and I together taken out at Pembroke Territory." Kevin tells them.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard passed away shortly after 75 birthday in 2330, but his family didn't laid him to rest next to Lady Karissa until after Yuletide is over with

Lord Andrew Charles Howard passed away shortly after 75 birthday in 2330, but his family didn't laid him to rest next to Lady Karissa until after Yuletide is over with.

Lord Andrew Charles' two sons, first cousin once removed, his first cousin twice removed carry his casket to the Howard Mausoleum and he is laid on the left side of Lady Karissa as she instructed.

Lord Anthony and Lord Albert Edward and Lady Elizabeth feel the loss the most as they were close to Lord Andrew Charles.

Shortly after her father's death, Lady Elizabeth now 55 year old decides to abdicates in favor of her daughter, Lady Karissa Elizabeth who is 35 years old who has married her third cousin, Lord Frederick William Howard and they have one child, Lady Victoria Elizabeth who was born two months before her great-grandmother dies.

Lady Victoria Elizabeth Howard was only two months old when her great-grandmother died and Lord Andrew Charles Howard III was only 4 months old at the time of his great-grandmother's death.

Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory died in June of 2331, right after his 76 th birthday.

Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Lord Anthony, Lord Albert, and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley carry his black marble casket to be laid on the right of Lady Karissa.

Lady Henrietta Ann, and Lady Caroline Matilda along with Lord Benjamin Lawrence and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II feel the loss the most.

All of them have children, Lady Caroline Matilda has a daughter, Lady Isabella Karissa Carey, Lord Kevin Thomas Riley III, and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey has children, Lord Robert Lawrence Carey and Lady Henrietta Elizabeth Carey.

Many years later in 2360, Lady Elizabeth, Lord Anthony, Lord Albert, Lady Samhain, Lady Caroline Matilda's Lady Samhain's and Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea's and Lady Karissa children come together and they reminisce about Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell.

Shortly afterwards, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane passes away. She is the first of Lord Andrew Charles and Lady Karissa's children to die.

Lady Karissa Ann and her daughter, Lady Victoria Elizabeth and her daughter, Lady Karissa Elizabeth and her husband, Lord Kevin Riley V along with the rest of the Howard's and Carey's take Lady Elizabeth and lay her to rest next to her father, Lord Andrew Charles Howard.

Lord Richard Edward Howard III didn't die until 2362,and he is laid to rest next to Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard.

One by one, Lady Karissa's children pass away and they are laid to rest in the New Howard Mausoleum.

Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Beck nee Howard born in 2276, does't die until 2370 and she is the last of Lady Karissa's children to die by Lord Andrew Charles Howard.

Lady Caroline Matilda Carey died in 2380 and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey in 2385.

Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea the youngest of Lady Karissa children born in 2295, well she passed away at the age of 65 years old.

All of Lady Karissa's children had children, Lady Elizabeth had three children, Lady Karissa, Lord Richard Edward Howard IV, and Lady Suzanne Victoria, Lady Samhain had two children, Lady Davina Edwin Howard and Lord David William Beck III, Lord Anthony Christopher Howard had Lord Alexander Andrew Howard, Lord Andrew Charles Howard III, and Lady Isabella Karissa Howard, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey had Lady Charlotte Sophia Carey, and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley III, Lord Albert Edward Howard had Lord Edward Andrew Howard and Lady Elizabeth Ann Howard, Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey had, Lord Robert Lawrence Carey and Lady Henrietta Ann Howard, and Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea Howard had Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard and Lord William Frederick Howard II.

Lady Karissa's children ensured that the Howard and Carey family would continue to govern on Star Base 12 and it would spread to Star Base 10 later on with her great-great-great-great-grandson, Lord Jerome Alexander Howard, the son of Lord Andrew Charles V, the son of Lord Andrew Charles IV who is was the son of Lady Victoria Elizabeth Howard and Lord Andrew Charles Howard III.

Lady Karissa has been dead for 40 years now along with Lord Andrew Charles Howard and 39 years since Lord Richard William Carey,Duke of Bedford Territory and all their grand-children, and great-grandchildren come together led by Lady Victoria Elizabeth and Lord Andrew Charles Howard III and they carry three reefs of white roses to laid next to where Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Lady Karissa, and Lord Richard William Carey lay side to side, but then they travel out to Norfolk Estate and Lady Victoria tells her husband,Lord Andrew Charles " Here lies our beloved Lord Patrick William Howard, Lady Penelope Margaret Howard, their three children, Lord Frederick William, Lord Andrew Charles and Lady Elizabeth Ann Howard and Lord Frederick William Howard's children, Lord Frederick William Howard II, Lord Charles Andrew Howard, our great-great-great-great-grandfather, with is son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and his two brothers, Lord Richard Edward Howard II and Lord Edwin William Howard, and our two great-great-uncles, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III and Lord Patrick William, but at least through Lady Autumn Bridget Lord Patrick William will live on." Lady Victoria Elizabeth tells her husband.

"We are the next generation of Howard's and Carey to carry on what Lord Patrick William Howard and Lord Robert Carey started in 2165." Lady Victoria Elizabeth tells her husband.

It is through the marriage of Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard to Lord Kevin Thomas Riley V that both the Howard's and Carey's and Riley's continue

It is through the marriage of Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard to Lord Kevin Thomas Riley V that both the Howard's and Carey's and Riley's continue.

Through Lord Andrew Charles Howard IV and his marriage to Lady Josephine Isabella Stuart, the Howard's continue through the line of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and Lady Alexandra Elizabeth Churchill

Through Lord Andrew Charles Howard IV and his marriage to Lady Josephine Isabella Stuart, the Howard's continue through the line of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and Lady Alexandra Elizabeth Churchill.

Lady Victoria Elizabeth reads the Poem "Don't Weep for Me." at the memorial service on Samhain, October 31, 2360.

Do not weep for me for I have not gone.

I am the wind that shakes the mighty Oak.

I am the gentle rain that falls upon your face.

I am the spring flower that pushes through the dark earth.

I am the chuckling laughter of the mountain stream.

Do not weep for me for I have not gone.

I am the memory that dwells in the heart of those that knew me.

I am the shadow that dances on the edge of your vision.

I am the wild goose that flies south at Autumn's call and I shall return at Summer rising.

I am the stag on the wild hills way.

I am just around the corner.

Therefore, the wise weep not.

But rejoice at the transformation of my Being." Lady Victoria Elizabeth reads.

_______________________________________

Our story really begins in with the marriage of Lord John Howard who marries Lady Joan of Cornwall in 1309 and in 1310 she has a son name Sir John Howard II who marries Lady Alice Howard (de Bois) who has Sir Robert Howard, Knight, of Wiggenhall - East Winch and Tendring who marries Lady Margaret de Scales who has Sir John Howard, Kt., MP, Sheriff of Essex who marries Lady Alice Howard (Tendring) who has Sir Robert Howard of Stoke Neyland who marries Lady Margaret de Mowbray and they have the first Howard Duke of Norfolk, Lord John Howard and it is through him who is Lord Patrick William Howard's noble ancestor who dies for his sovereign, King Richard III who is the youngest son of Lord Richard, Duke of York and Lady Cecily Neville.



© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


Author's Note

Lady_Wicca65
Our hero is this novel is Lord John Howard, 1st Howard Duke of Norfolk who was the son of Lord Robert Howard and Lady Margaret de Mowbray who became 1st Duke of Norfolk in 1483 by King Richard III of England son of Lord Richard, Duke of York and Lady Cecily Nevillle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

We love the novel and Lord John Howard was a true hero for King Richard III of England.

Posted 2 Years Ago


This was an amazing novel. Lord John Howard was a true hero and he will be remembered for being the founder of the Howard Duke of Norfolk.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: NobleHouseofHoward, StarTrek, NobleHouseofStuart, HistoricalRomance, Memoirs


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing