What A Friends For

What A Friends For

A Chapter by Lady_Wicca65
"

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley takes Karissa to the Star Fleet Dinner and Dance.

"
The Star-Fleet Academy Dinner Dance

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley has asked Karissa to attend the Star-Fleet Academy Dinner Dance with him. He doesn't want to go solo, and Karissa agrees to attend the Star-Fleet Academy Dinner Dance with him.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley borrow his best friend's, Lt. Richard Williams convertible mustang to go pick up Karissa at Madame' Boarding House.

It is a metallic blue hard-top mustang dated back from 2267. It has light blue leather interior, a radio, automatic and front wheel drive.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley is dressed in his best suit and he is playing the radio as he cruises towards Madame's Boarding House in Bedford Territory.

Lt Kevin Thomas Riley is listening to some good old soft rock from the best era in music from the 1970's but he also listens to some late 1960' music and he is very excited about this Star-Fleet Dinner Dance that Star-Fleet Academy gives four times a year for their students.

It's not the biggest dance of the year at Star-Fleet Academy as that is the Home-Coming Dinner Dance that takes place every September.



Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley listens to "Lady" sung by Styx and he is driving with a smile on his face and he is happy that Karissa is attending the Star-Fleet Dinner Dance with him.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley drives up the driveway to Madame's Boarding House and Madame sees Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley drives up. He turns off the radio and he opens up the door and climbs out of the convertible mustang and he walks up to the door, knocks on the door and Madame opens up the door " bonne soirée Monsieur Riley." Madame tells him.

"Good Evening Madame Valois. I have come to pick up Karissa." Lt Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"Mademoiselle Karissa is upstairs getting ready for the dinner dance. She is very excited this evening about this dinner dance.' Madame tells him.

"You look very handsome in your suit. Why not your Star-Fleet dress uniform?" Madame asks.

"It wasn't required. We were given the choice that we could wear either our dress uniform or our best street clothes." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

Karissa walks down the stairs and into the living room where Lady Isabella Collins and Lady Josette Collins are keeping him entertained.

Lt Kevin Thomas Riley rises to his feet and he looks at Karissa who is dressed in a white regency dress and he tells her "Wow! You look fantastic Karissa."

"Thank you Kevin. You look very handsome this evening. I am really looking forward to this dinner dance this evening." Karissa tells him.

"I see that Lady Isabella and Lady Josette were keeping you entertained while you were waiting for me." Karissa tells him.

"I have known Lady Isabella and her sister, Lady Josette for a while. I had no idea that they were living at Madame's as the last time I saw them they were with their father and mother out at Collinwood Manor." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley states.

"Lord Joshua Collins with his dear wife, Lady Naomi  were traveling with Lord Patrick William Howard and his wife before that fateful day of May 1, 2153." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley states.

"The Collins are primarily of English/Scots/French descent." Lt Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"They are not aristocrats but from good gentry people. Lord Joshua didn't come with a title, but because he was born into a British gentry family he was addressed as Lord Joshua Collins. Kevin tells her.

"Please excuse us ladies. Karissa and I must be departing. We look forward to attending the Star-Fleet Academy Dinner Dance this evening." Lt. Kevin Riley tells him and he offers Karissa his arm and she accepts and they walk out of the living room, he opens the door and lets Karissa walk out before him and he exits after her and closes the door.

"Wow! Kevin. What a great car. A 2267 hard-top convertible mustang." Karissa exclaims.

"It belongs to my best friend, Lt. Richard Williams. He let me use it for the evening. This baby is his pride and joy. It has light blue leather interior, a radio that works and automatic transmission and front wheel drive.' Kevin explains.

"It is an antique." Kevin tells her.

Kevin walks around and opens the door for Karissa and he helps to climb into the car and he closes the door and walks back around and climbs back into the driver seat.

Kevin turns on the car and he asks, " What to listen to some music?"

"I would love to listen to some good old 1970's music." Karissa exclaims.

"You got it Karissa. My favorite music is between 1950 and 1979." Kevin tells her.

While Kevin is driving, the song by Tom Jones starts to play "Lady " and Karissa starts laughing " We used to rock and roll to this song in high school in one of my friends cars."



"We had the best time listening to this song and we used to clap our hands and stomp our feet." Karissa exclaims.



"We used to like Iron Butterfly, remember that song "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?" Kevin asks Karissa.

"Why do I remember In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Kevin." Karissa answers, "I don't think anyone could dance to that song for very long." Karissa says with a laugh.

While Kevin is driving to Star-Fleet Academy Karissa says "I really liked "White Bird" by It's A Beautiful Day and Donovan."



"Oh yes. "Mellow Yellow." Donovan was great." Kevin says with a smile.



"What Bus Stop and Dance with me?" Karissa asks.



"I loved both songs. I think between 1950-1979 had some of the best music anyone could ever listen to." Kevin tells her.

Kevin and Karissa are enjoying the drive to Star-Fleet Academy and talking about the period when music was really music next to Classical music.

Finally Kevin pulls into the parking lot of Star Fleet Academy and Lt Richard Williams walks up and Lt Kevin Riley introduces Karissa to his best friend, Lt Richard Williams.

Both gentlemen offer Karissa there and she walks between them as they walk into the decorated gymnasium where the dinner dance will be held.

The tables have linen tablecloth, candlelight, soft music is playing and over in the corner are tables with a buffet style dinner, punch, crystal punch cups, and fine silverware.

"I have reserved a table for us and I hope you don't mind me asking Richard to join us." Kevin asks Karissa.

"No, not all. We can make it a trio." Karissa tells Kevin and Richard.

The three sit together, enjoy pleasant conversation, enjoy the good old music, the food is fantastic and the dancing is the best part of the dinner dance.

Kevin and Karissa dance and Richard and Karissa dance together at the Star-Fleet Dinner Dance.

It is in the evening that the three become good friends for life.

Karissa tells them this is our song " What Are Friends For'' by Dionne Warwick.



Finally , the evening winds down and Richard and Kevin drive back Karissa to Madame and she sits between them while they are listening to music and talking to each other.

Richard drives up to Madame's and both Richard and Kevin escort Karissa to the front door and they give her a kiss on each cheek and she returns the kiss to both of them and embraces them and tells them " I had a wonderful time tonight."

"So did we, Karissa. We will do it next." Kevin tells her.

"I look forward to it, Kevin and Richard." Karissa tells them with a smile and they watch her walk into Madame.

They walk back down the stairs to Richard's car and they head back to Star-Fleet Academy.


© 2021 Lady_Wicca65


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on November 4, 2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2021
Tags: Star Trek, NobleHouseofHoward, NobleHouseofCarey, HistoricalRomance


Author

Lady_Wicca65
Lady_Wicca65

Chicago, IL



About
I live in Chicago Illinois more..

Writing