Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

She managed to grab onto a somewhat sturdy brick and held on tight. She raised her right hand up and grabbed another hole and continued her slow, agonizing climb up. Finally just when she was about to give up, she reached a barred window. She grabbed onto the bars and hoisted herself up so she could peek inside. She whispered softly,"Hello? Anyone there?" Something moved on the other side of the cell, and a moment later Kai appeared in the window. His face lit up in astonishment,"Kana? What the hell are you doing here?!" Kana looked at him,"Rescuing you two, now come on let's get out of here." Kai rubbed his neck,"And how do you propose we do that?" Kana looked at him,"You have powers don't you?" Kai gave her a small glare,"Of course I do, but they have an enchantment put around the castle, if we use our powers an alarm will sound. Sending a hundred guards up here." Kana growled underneath her breath,"Okay.. where's Tanner?" Kai nodded towards a corner,"Over there.. sleeping. I put a small spell on him.. which already got me in some trouble but oh well.. at least he's at peace for now. Poor kid doesnt know what to think right now.." Kana nodded, and thought,"Yea I really don't either... but everyone's thoughts are on him so.. whatever I guess.." Kana snapped her head up,"Hold up.. I think I have something." She pulled a small mirror out of her pocket and aimed it a slant causing the moonlight to reflect off of it and hit the bars. Kai scowled,"What are you doing?" Kana shrugged,"Well according to Arana I made the moon brighter.. so if my calculations are correct it should have made it brighter here too.. I'm just hoping that maybe I made it bright enough to work like the sun does so I can weaken the bars and then kick them in." Kai gave her a skeptical look,"Alright.. I guess its worth a shot."  

    They waited patiently for several minutes and then Kana put the mirror away. She gripped the roof with both hands,"Alright.. lets just hope I dont fall. Step back now." Kana pushed off the ledge and as momentum carried her back towards the window she swung her leg out. Sure enough, as soon as she kicked it, the bars fell into the cell with a loud clatter. Kai looked at her and shook his head in disbelief,"Alright.. now how are we supposed to get down?" Kana glanced at the ground,"Very very carefully. The bricks are broken, causing holes.. all we have to do is step in the holes.. sort of using them as a ladder." Kai looked at skeptically,"Are you kidding me? What if we fall?" Kana shrugged,"Then we fall.. just don't think of that right now." Kai cast her a small glare before moving over to Tanner. Kai shook him a bit,"Tanner.. wake up." Tanner's eyes fluttered,"Eh.. Kai? What's going on?" Kai helped him up,"We're getting out of here. Now come on." Tanner looked at the window and spotted Kana,"Who is she?" Kai looked at Kana,"Tanner, this is Kana. We'll have time for better introductions later.. we better hurry someone will have heard the bars hit the ground." Tanner looked at them,"How are we getting out of here?" Kai quickly explained what Kana had just told him. Tanner looked at them both,"Alright.. if you say so.. I guess.." Kana started scaling down the side of the tower, next came Kai and finally Tanner. Several agonzing minutes later Kana jumped down onto solid ground. Kai jumped down behind her, followed by Tanner shortly after. Tanner glared at them both,"Okay this isn't funny anymore. In fact this is ridiculous. I want to go home. Now!" Kana scowled,"Will you shut up! Your going to get us all killed, and give it a chance. You haven't seen anything yet." Kai looked at them both,"Hush.. follow me." The three of them took off across the deadened plain.

    They had barely gone twenty feet when a shrill siren filled the air around them. Tanner looked at Kai,"What now genius?!" Kana smacked him,"Shut up. Your not helping." Kai glanced back,"Keep running guys.. if we can just make it another thirty feet I can get us out of here." A loud screeching filled the air around them. Kana scowled,"Harpies again?" Kai glanced up,"Of course not.. Harpies are better in the day.. these would be gargoyles." Tanner looked at them,"What!? Like the weird statue things?!" Kana gave him a skeptical look,"Uh duh." Suddenly a dark shape went whizzing past them. Tanner froze,"Uh.." Kana grabbed his arm,"Do you want to get caught?! Come on." Kai who was now way ahead of them stopped to wait. Kana and Tanner raced towards him. Another one of the gargoyles dove out of the air and headed straight towards Kai. By that time, they were just ten feet from him. Kana screamed,"Kai look out behind you!" Kai looked at her for a moment and then just before the gargoyle reached him it exploded with a burst of ice. Tanner froze in his tracks,"What the hell!?" Kai grabbed both of their arms,"Come on lets get out of here." Before either of them could say anything, they all disappeared. Space and time flew past them. Kana and Tanner both landed on solid ground, a second later Kai appeared next to them on his feet. Tanner scowled and rose to his feet. Kana jumped up behind him and grinned,"Well that was exciting." Kai and Tanner looked at her complete disbelief on their faces. Kai looked at her,"I can tell your going to be trouble, come on. Lets go find the others."

    They went down a trail leading down into the village. A lady was a little ways away picking vegetables from her garden. Kai glanced in her direction,"Hello Nara." The lady looked up and her face brightend,"Kai, its good to see you." Kai nodded,"How are you?" She stood and wiped her hands off on her apron,"I'm good.. just worried.. Have you seen Sendoa lately?" Kai shook his head and gestured towards Kana and Tanner,"We've all been kind of busy.." Nara looked at the two of them and her eyes widened,"The prophecy.. I had no idea.. I never thought I would live to see it.." Kai looked at Kana and Tanner,"We had no idea either.. We should be on our way though, I'm sure Arana is beside herself with worry.. I'll tell Sen to come down as soon as he gets a chance." She smiled,"Thanks Kai. See you later." Kai ushered the two of them along,"Come.. before Arana has a melt down." They walked across the village and up to the castle. Kai pushed open the giant doors and strode inside,"Follow me, she's probably in the library." He pushed open another door,"Wait here. I'll be right back." He went inside and closed the door behind him leaving Kana and Tanner in the large entry way by themselves. Tanner glanced at Kana and shook his head. Kana looked at him,"What?" Tanner shook his head,"Nothing.. You are a girl right?" Kana clenched her fists,"Yea I'm a girl." Tanner shrugged,"No offense, but you don't really look like one. You have no make-up on, your hair is in shambles, and to say the least your not exactly dressed like a girl, plus I thought girl's were supposed to be pretty." Kana blinked,"What the hell is your problem?!" Tanner shrugged innocently,"In most cases such as this, the main girl is pretty and elegant. That's all."

    Kana swung her fist back but before she could swing it forward something caught it. She whirled around to see a guy standing behind her. He was about 5'11, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He had an athletic build, one that would make an athelete jealous. Kana glared at him and wrenched her hand free,"What's the big idea?!" He chuckled,"Nice to meet you too. I'm Sendoa.. and you are not going to hurt each other." Kana rolled her eyes,"Whatever." At that moment the door opened and Kai and Arana came out. Kai looked at Sendoa,"Hey, long time no see lover boy." Sendoa blushed,"Yea.. erm.. Caleb is upstairs. I showed him his room. I figured I'd let him get some rest until everyone else got here." Arana poked Kai,"That's enough Kai." Kai jumped a bit and grinned,"Ah.. I was just kidding J." Arana gave him a looked,"Yea, Yea." Before anyone could say anything else the front doors open and two more people strode in. They were both about the same height, the older one had  short black hair and blue eyes. He also had more of an athletic build. The second one was obviously much younger, he was a little more stockier, with curly black hair and blue eyes. Kana looked at them,"Alright.. now who are you?" Arana smacked her upside the head,"Don't be rude!" Kana glared at her, and scowled. Kai bounced over to the older one,"This is Dom, don't mess with him. His looks will kill you!" Kana stifled a laugh, and Arana rolled her eyes. Dominic tried to grab Kai, but Kai slipped right by him. Dom chuckled and rested his blue eyes on Kai,"If you know what's good for you Kai you'll run." Kai crosses his arms and pretends to pout,"But I don't wanna.." Dom lunged at him and with a burst of light Kai disappeared. Sendoa chuckled and glanced up. Arana looked at him,"What's so funny?" Sendoa shrugged innocently,"Nothing."

    Arana's answer came a second later when there was a loud crashing noise, and the sound of something breaking just above them. Dominic chuckled,"So much for that rule J." Arana scowled and headed for the stairs,"What did I tell you guy's about messing with people's transfigures." Kana raced past her up the stairs,"Probably not to do it." Tanner rolled his eyes and muttered,"This is so stupid." Dominic picked him up and turned him upside down before following everyone else,"Lighten up man." Tanner struggled against Dom's strong grip,"The blood is rushing to my head! This isn't funny!" Dom glanced over his shoulder,"Ashton, come on. I'll show you too your room." The other boy looked at him,"Oh alright." The three of them went up the stairs, Tanner didn't really have a choice in the matter though. They got to the top of the stairs to see everyone else doubled over in laughter. Dom dropped Tanner,"What's so funny?" Tanner hit the ground and kind of went cross eyed,"Hey now!" Ashton looked at him and stifled a laugh. Tanner jumped to his feet and rubbed his head,"What's so funny?" A pot rolled in front of him and a whiny voice could be heard from inside,"Come on guys! Let me out!... Please?" Ashton looked at the pot,"Um..?" Tanner looked at the pot hesitantly. Dom looked at him,"Don't even think about it, he can get out himself." Kai groaned,"Come on Dom!" Dom shrugged,"Alright.." He got behind the pot and pushed it down the stairs. Arana whirled around,"DOM!" The pot toppled down the stairs, and Dom shrugged innocently,"Eh.. he'll be fine." There was a loud crash as the pot hit the ground below. Arana ran down the stairs to make sure Kai was alright, leaving the other two males to deal with there new charges.

    Kana crossed her arms, and looked at Dom,"So how do you fit into all of this?" Dom glanced at Sendoa and then back at Kana,"Do you really want to know?" Kana nodded eagerly,"Uh huh." Before anybody could move, everything went instantly dark, and a second later there was a rush of wind and a howling noise. Tanner groped around in the darkness,"What the hell is going on?!" Dom just chuckled, and Sendoa kind of just stood there. Kana blinked and soon her eyes adjusted to the darkness,"Oh my.. Theres a tornado! You're wind.. and you must be darkness! You can make tornados!" Ashton's eyes widened at her statement but remained silent. Suddenly everone heard footsteps as Arana and Kai returned upstairs. Sendoa whispered to Dom,"Dom! Get rid of that thing and turned back on the lights before..."

    He was cut off as Arana reached the top of the stairs. Arana crossed her arms,"DOM!!" Dom chuckled and a second later everything was bright again and there was no sign that anything had happened. Arana glared at him,"What did I say about creating tornados in the house?" Ashton muttered,"Probably not to do it." Arana whirled on him,"Excuse me.. and who are you?" Dom immediately was at Ashton's side,"J chill.. I was just fooling. Leave them out of this. This is Ashton.. he's my erm.. yea.." Arana looked at Ashton,"My apologies.." Kai rubbed his head behind Arana,"Okay.. what now?" Dom looked at him,"We could always push you down the stairs again?" Kai dove behind Arana,"NOOOOO!!!!" Tanner glared at him and rolled his eyes. Kai glared at him in return and muttered to Arana,"Wanna trade.. your replacemnt is better." Arana elbowed him in the stomach,"Kai.." Sendoa looked at Arana,"What's the plans?" Arana looked at him,"We will be having dinner in an hour, Nara is coming.. as well as Sarah and Sarina." she paused for a second,"Also.. Rishenko is coming.. so please I need everyone to be on their best behavior." Sendoa's face went instantly pale,"Why is he coming?" Arana looked at him,"Because he found out that they are here.. Sendoa.. he's your father you can't avoid him forever. Now. Everyone needs to go get ready, Sendoa and Dom you guys need to be ready early so you can go get our guests. Kana follow me, I will show you to your room." Arana walked off down the hallway, Kana made a face before following her reluctantly. Dom looked at Ashton,"Erm.. follow me." Ashton shrugged with a slight smile,"Alright." Dom picked up Ashton's bag and slung it over his shoulder,"Come on." Kai looked at Sendoa sympathetically,"You'll live man.. don't sweat it.." He picked up Tanner's bag,"Come on Tan.." Tanner looked at him and for once made no comment but simply just followed Kai down the hallway. That left Sendoa standing there, he sighed and went down the hallway to where Caleb was still in his room completely oblivious to what was going on.



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


Author's Note

^~FireNinja~^
same as previous chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm kinda hooked on this...cant wait to read more.
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 17, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing