Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

Suddenly, there was a scream from the living room. Arana jumped up and looked at Sarina,"Stay here." She ran out of the library and into the living room. Tanner and Kana were both in there. Tanner appeared to be just fine, but Kana was pale and in a heap on the floor. Arana looked at them,"What's the matter? You both look fine.. Wait.. you both look fine. What the hell is going on here?!" Kana gave a weak chuckle,"What happened to no swearing." Arana looked at them,"What happened?" Tanner glanced at Kana and then looked at Arana,"We were both sitting here.. and Kana just made a comment about how she wished we were both better..and suddenly we both started glowing bright red." Arana looked at Kana,"Kana.. get up. Its okay." Kana rose to her feet shakily,"What's going on?" Arana looked at her and smiled,"Its fine.. your just coming into your powers. Your powers are just like mine.. I'm a healer, same as you." Tanner looked at Arana,"So that's it.. we're both healed." Arana nodded,"I'll have Sarah come up and check for sure. You guys just stay here.." Arana grabbed her jacket and left. A minute later they heard the front door close as she left. Ashton popped up out of a potted plant,"Okay.. so now what?" Caleb appeared almost out of nowhere behind Tanner,"Yea.. what's going on?" Kana jumped nearly a foot,"Where the hell did you two come from?" Caleb grinned,"I transfigured.. Sendoa taught me how." Kana looked at Ashton,"What about you?" Ashton blinked,"Um.. I don't really know." Kana sighed,"Okay then.. so does anybody know what the hell is going on?" Caleb shook his head,"We tried to eavesdrop last night, but we got caught." Kana stood and began to pace,"We're supposed to be in charge now right..?" Tanner shrugged,"Technically speaking..." Kana hit the wall,"Then why can't we know what's going on?!" Ashton shrugged,"Why don't we just ask?" Kana looked at him,"That's ridicu... wait.. you may have a point there."

    The front door slammed as Arana came back with Sarah. Kana glanced at the door,"Hide!" Tanner shoved Ashton back down into the potted plant, and within a second Caleb was gone. Kana grabbed a book and plopped down on the couch. They were both thumbing through books, well Kana was reading a book and Tanner was thumbing through a comic book, when Arana opened the door. Sarah followed her and gave them a sly look,"Four young people.. all so different.. yet so brilliant when they choose to get along. Two may end up being more than friends. Powers so strong.. their hard to hold.. but will they emerge in time to save all that could be lost?" Kana peered at her strangely over her book,"Um.. okay?" Arana looked at Sarah,"Will you look them over please?" Sarah went over to the small bookcase,"Of couse Arana. If you'll excuse us while I check them over." Arana glanced at Kana and Tanner before nodding,"Yes.. of course." She backed out of the room, closing the doors behind them. Kana stood,"Alright. Let's get this over with." Sarah shook her head,"So impatient.." She picked up a book from the bookcase,"Ah..here's what I was looking for." Before either of them could blink she chucked the book at Tanner who wasn't paying attention, still thumbing through the magazine. Tanner leapt to his feet, but before him or Kana could say anything more books came flying at them. One flew across the room and collided with the potted plant causing it to crack and break. A second later, Ashton spilled out onto the floor. Kana leapt up into the air to avoid one, and Tanner dove to the side to avoid another. Kana flew to the floor as a book soared over her head,"Are you crazy?!" Tanner threw up his hand to block a book from hitting him in the face, but it stopped a foot from his arm and flew off through the window. Caleb appeared out of the sunlight rubbing his head,"Ow!" Kana looked at one and it burst into flames before her eyes. Sarah grinned and bowed to them,"Not only are you healed.. but you are all ready to begin your training. Kana looked at the others a wide grin on her face, Tanner rubbed his head chuckling a bit, Ashton smiled, and Caleb chuckling and shook his head.

    Caleb helped Kana up, and Ashton pulled Tanner to his feet. They all looked at each other, they stood in a perfect square. Suddenly, the window flew open and a blast of light sent the four of them flying across the room. A women enveloped in a bright light flew in through the window. Kana looked at Sarah but she was frozen. The women looked at the four of them. She smiled,"Kana.. Tanner.. Caleb.. and Ashton. I am Selena.. guardian of this world. Your four are just beginning a great adventure.. you are a prophecy coming true.. but as we speak you are in grave danger.. You must flee from here as fast as you can." Ashton looked at her,"What about Dom?" Selena looked at him,"Go to where the land is barren.. and the animals flee.. There you shall find him. I must go now. I can offer you no more advice. Should you ever need a little extra help stand in a square as you just did.. you may request my help three times, so do not waste them. Now I bid you goodbye. Good luck guardians of good." Then with a burst of light she disappeared. Kana looked at the others,"We have to tell the others.." Tanner popped up from behind the couch,"They'll think we're nuts!" Caleb snapped,"We'll have to take that chance.. Dom's already missing.. one of them could go next.. or one of us." Ashton nodded,"I agree.. we have to tell them.." Tanner scowled,"Ergh.. fine.." At that moment Sarah unfrozen, she stared at them for a point before dashing over to the window,"Where is she!? She was here wasn't she!?" Ashton raised an eyebrow,"What are you talking about?" Sarah chuckled,"Ah.. you think I am a fool. Selena was here, I'm been trying to see her ever since I was your age dealing with the Gems that came before the ones you know today."

    A scream erupted from just outside the door just then causing them all to whirl around. A second later Arana came flying through the door. Kana ran over to her,"Arana!" Arana jumped to her feet as a tall male strode into the room. Arana shoved Kana behind her and glared at him,"Get out Vincent." His red eyes flashed humorlessly,"Why would I do that? I can go anywhere I please this is my country." Kana spat out from behind Arana,"For now." Arana froze as Vincent's eyes found Kana. He grinned and twirled the dagger that he had in his hand,"Ah.. you must be Kana. Yes, Denahi mentioned that you had an attitude that needed adjusting." Arana glared at him,"You touch her I swear to the elders.." Vincent grinned,"What are you going to do Arana? You have a choice then, you can save the one you love, save the girl, or save yourself. You have twenty seconds to decide which one you are going to choose. Goodbye for now." Arana lunged at him but he disappeared. He appeared behind Ashton,"Nah.. you're not as fun as Dom." Sendoa ran into the room just as Vincent appeared behind Caleb,"Ah.. Sendoa's pick.. but for now I have no qualm with him so you shall be spared. Now here is the third." They didn't have to wait long there was the sound of glass breaking as Kai was thrown through the window. Dezmond followed, along with another male. Arana glared at the third male,"Saber.." He grinned and bowed,"Arana.. it is a pleasure to see you again." Arana scowled,"Where's the source of all evil?" Saber's grin turned foul,"She.. is having complications at the moment." He tossed a nasty glare at Kana,"We're not sure how quite yet." Vincent moved over to Tanner and grabbed him,"AH and this one is Tanner. Kai's chosen one." Tanner tried to twist from Vincent's grip and nearly succeeded but then Saber intervened. Vincent looked at Arana,"I told you, that you would have a choice now pick." Arana and Kai glanced at each other and before anyone could move they lunged at Kana and Tanner. However, Vincent had been expecting this for as soon as Kai leapt within two inches of him, Vincent buried the dagger deep within Kai's stomach. Tanner wretched loose and ran across the room by Sendoa. Kai dropped to the floor the black dagger jutting out of his stomach as blood pooled out onto the floor. Kana cried out as Arana knocked her to the floor.

    Vincent looked at Arana as her and Kana rose to their feet,"I told you that you would have to choose.. too bad you made the wrong decision,"he looked at Kana a gleam in his eye,"I would never touch a untrained prophecy." Arana blinked in shock and froze. Kai groaned in pain but otherwise remained motionless. Vincent grabbed the dagger and pulled it out. He walked over to Arana who was still frozen in shock, and wiped the blood off the knife onto her cloak,"His blood is on your hands Arana." Dezmond and Saber grinned and disappeared taking Kai with them. Vincent grabbed Kana and twisted her arm,"But all the same I think you should come with me." Caleb stepped forward,"Your going to have to go through us." Kana tried to twist away her eyes swimming with tears as Vincent exerted more pressure onto her arm. Vincent's eyes were focused on Caleb when Sendoa, Ashton, and Tanner all leapt at him. They knocked him to the ground and Kana flew from his grasp. Moving quickly before Vincent could gain any sense of rebalance. Tanner grabbed Kana and shoved her behind him and Ashton. Vincent rose to his feet and grinned,"Ah.. well played.. for now.. you have won.. keep the girl. I shall keep Kai and Dom." Then with a swish of his cloak he was gone. Tanner looked at Kana a worried look in his eyes,"Are you okay?" Kana nodded,"Yea.. I'm fine.." Tanner looked at her,"Okay.." Sendoa went over to Arana,"A.. Arana..?" Arana blinked and looked at him,"Hm?" Sendoa looked at her worried,"Are you okay?" Arana nodded,"Yes.. I need to go think.." She turned and left the room closing the door behind her.

    Kana looked at Sendoa,"We know where Dom is.." Sendoa looked at her,"What are you talking about?" Kana looked at him,"Selena was here...She said go to where the land is barren.. and animals flee and there you shall find him." Sendoa ran a hand through his hair,"I don't know if we should risk it or not." Kana looked at him,"Come on! How hard can it be to go there!" Sendoa looked at her,"Kana.. no. Not now." Kana started to protest, but he cut he!r off,"Kana! I said no!" With that he turned and left. Tanner looked at Kana,"Now what?" Kana crossed her arms,"We're going anyways.." Caleb looked at her,"Are you insane!?" Kana looked at them,"We're supposed to be all powerful! Why the hell not?!" Ashton looked at her,"Because we don't know where we are going, what to take, are we going to walk? We don't know how to survive out there!" Kana looked at them,"Haven't you ever been camping before?!" Caleb looked at her,"Yes, but this is different. There's creatures out there.. and besides what if those three come back. We can't take them on by ourselves." Tanner crossed his arms,"You can go.. but we are staying here." Kana looked at Caleb and Ashton and they both solemnly nodded in agreement. Kana looked at them,"What are we going to do now!?" Ashton sat down with a sigh,"I suggest we wait.." Kana sighed and sat down too. Caleb and Tanner also took seats beside them. The hours passed by slowly, none of them saying a word the darkness and gloom settling even further among them.

    Finally, the door opened and Sendoa and Arana walked. They didn't look at each, nor did they look at the four. Caleb immediately noticed that something wasn't right. He looked at Sendoa,"What's going on?" It was Arana that answered. She looked at them all,"You're.. You're all going home..." Kana opened her mouth to protest but for once it was Ashton who first spoke. He looked at them in shock,"What!? Why?!" Arana looked at him,"Because it's too dangerous for you here, We have to relocate things must be done. It's just not a good time for you all to be here right now.. let alone for you to be training right now. We promise... we're going to come back for you..." Kana looked at her,"How can you guys do this to us?" Arana looked at her,"Kana.." Kana looked away,"You gave us a meaning... you gave my life a meaning!! And now you're just jerking it away! You can't just separate us like this!!!" Arana looked pained,"Kana.. guys.. we don't want to do this.. but we have to..." She snapped her fingers and their bags appeared on the floor in front of them. Arana looked at Sen,"Anything you want to say?" Sendoa looked at them,"In each of your bags.. theres something from us.. use it when you need help the most. We will return for you. Everything is going to be okay." The four didn't say anything, they wouldn't even look at each other. Arana sighed,"Come on... its time to go.." She nodded at Ashton,"Your first." Ashton sighed and picked up his bag,"He looked at the others,"Take care.." Kana looked at him with a slight smile,"Watch your back.. we might come looking for you." Tanner and Caleb couldn't resist a small grin at that." Ashton smirked,"Not if I come after you all first." Then with a wave of his hand and a snap of Arana's fingers, he was gone. Caleb was next to go, their goodbye's were quick and with another word of that they would see each other and a quick word of advice from Sendoa he was also gone. Tanner was next. He picked up his bag and heaved it over his shoulder. Kana looked at him,"Don't go flying through anymore closet doors now..." He smirked,"Yea.. don't let any dresser's fall on you either." Kana smirked and blinked away a few tears,"See ya.." He held out his arms,"Come on.. you gotta give me a hug good-bye." Kana smiled a bit and hugged him. They stood there for a moment and then with a snap of Arana's fingers, Tanner was gone as well. She looked at Kana,"Well.. you're the last one." Kana sighed,"First to come.. last to leave.." Sendoa looked at her,"Take care of yourself.. stay out of trouble now." Kana nodded,"I will." She looked at Arana,"Well.. I guess you're rid of me now.." Arana looked at her,"Kana.. I could deal with your crap for a milion years and I would never want to get rid of you. Until I can bring you back I'll be poking my nose in every once in a while to make sure you're alright and staying out of trouble. And who knows... a surprise may await you in the following few weeks." Kana smiled a bit,"Alright.. I will.." Arana hugged her,"Keep your gem and your friends closest.. they're your greatest asset in the next few months." Kana hugged her back,"I will.." They separated and with a snap of Arana's fingers, Kana's form faded before their eyes.."



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow ghood cant wait 4 da rest check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N0Ogaskv88&feature=popular


Posted 14 Years Ago


ooo cant wait to read what happens next
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing