Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

Nine Months Later



        Kana blinked as the sunlight hit her face. She rolled over and glanced at her clock, it was seven o'clock in the morning and it was August twenty-first. The first day of her senior year. She rolled out of bed and padded silently across the hallway to the bathroom. She quickly showered and blow dried her hair before returning to her bedroom. She threw on jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes before heading down the stairs to eat breakfast. Robin was already in the kitchen munching on some toast and reading the morning paper. She dropped the paper and slid it across the table towards Kana. She swallowed and sighed,"Read it.." Kana looked at the paper, once again it was lit up with news reports about a mysterious plane crash in the Rocky Mountains. Kana blinked when she saw the images that spread across the front page. Some were of the place itself, some were of people that they knew were on the plane and were still missing. Robin looked at her,"They still might be alive... maybe they just missed the flight and are having so much fun they forgot to call." Kana shrugged,"Yea.. maybe.." Kana's parents had celebrated their 25 year anniversary and they had decided to go on another honeymoon in Colorado. Kana sighed and slung her bookbag over her shoulder,"Enough.. I'm sure their fine we have been through worse." She spun her hair back in a ponytail and turned to Robin,"Ready?" Robin groaned,"No.. I still don't want to go to an actual school." Kana mouth tugged into a faint smile,"Yea no one ever does." Robin brightened up when she looked at the calendar,"Although.. today might turn into something great after all." Kana gave her a weird look before walking outside. Robin followed right behind her locking the door behind them. Kana slid into the drivers seat, while Robin slid into the passenger seat. Kana reversed out of the driveway and headed to school. Robin looked at her,"I'll see you after practice..." Kana nodded,"Yea.. see ya." Then Kana turned and disappeared into the mass of students heading into the building.

    Robin stared off into the distance quietly waiting. Ten minutes past by and no one approached her, no one stopped to talk to her. She just stared until a car pulled into the parking lot, and slid to a halt by Kana's. Robin's face burst out into a smile and she ran to the car. Amir jumped from the passenger seat,"Robin!" She tackled him into a bear hug slamming him against the car. Amir grunted in shock, but hugged her back and kissed her hair,"How are you?" Robin smiled at him,"Great now, how about you?" He smirked,"Good." Caleb stepped from the car slamming the door behind him. He locked the car and looked at Robin. Robin looked at him,"Hello Caleb." Caleb blinked,"How do you know my name?" Robin glanced at Amir,"Amir has talked about you before.." Before Caleb could respond two more cars came to a halt beside them. Kane and Gage leapt from the drivers seat of the two cars. Robin smiled upon seeing them,"Its good to see that you guys made it alright." Gage grinned,"Why of course we did." Caleb looked at the four of them,"What the hell is going on!?" At that moment one of the passenger door's opened and Tanner stepped out. He rubbed his head glaring at Gage,"What the hell!? Are you trying to kill me?! I thought you were supposed to be my guardian." Caleb blinked,"Tanner?!" Tanner whirled to face Caleb. His face broke out in a broad smile,"Caleb! You're safe!" The two of them shook hands grasping each other firmly. The other passenger door opened and Ashton stepped out. He smirked at Tanner and Caleb,"Well isn't this a funny coincedence?" Caleb grinned,"I suppose it is.." The three of them talked excitedly, happy to united again. Robin looked at Kane, Gage and Amir,"This turned out well. Good job guys." Amir shrugged with a grin,"Did you expect nothing less?" Robin shrugged,"I didn't think they would all be in one piece." Tanner glanced around expecting to see Kana appear at any moment, when she didn't he mentioned it to the other two. Ashton glanced around,"You're right... she's not here." Caleb glanced around in hopes of spotting here, but none of them had any luck.

    Little did the boys know but Kana was only a few feet away. A fresh bruise lit up on her arm as another girl advanced on her. Kana glared at the other girl,"Back off Trish." Charna glared at her,"Oh, don't worry we will. See you at practice. Or better yet don't show up at all." Kana glared at her,"I make my own decisions, no one tells me what to do." Charna glared at her,"Yea because now that your parents are dead no one cares about you. They probably died on purpose to get away from you." Kana tackled her to the ground. They started kicking and punching each other. Charna screamed as Kana punched her in the face. By now a small crowd had gathered. Amir glanced over,"Hm.. I wonder what's going on." All of the sudden flew back into Amir, at the same time Charna kicked Kana back. Amir caught Robin and looked at her. Robin looked at the crowd,"Kana..." Before the others could do anything, she took off across the courtyard heading towards the crowd. Amir quickly followed, with the others right behind him. Robin got there first and pushed her way through the crowd. She saw Kana and another girl in a fierce tangle. Another girl moved to helped Charna but Robin stepped forward and glared at the girl,"Don't even think about it." The girl blinked in shock but didn't move anymore. Robin grabbed Kana by the back of the shirt yanking her away from Charna. Kana's head was bleeding, so was her neck. Hands marks covered her neck and her arms were covered in bruises. Another girl helped Charna to her feet. Charna glared at Kana,"Don't touch me again peasant!" Kana spit at her,"Why would I want to make myself worth less by touching you Char." Char glared at her,"We'll see whose crying when they get expelled?" Kana growled and dove at her,"Yea! and it'll be you!"

    Before Robin could stop her Kana ran into another person. Tanner wrapped an arm around Kana and held her tight,"Stop.." Char and her friends took this opportunity to slip away after throwing a few jeering comments over their shoulders. Kana looked up at him,"Tanner.." Tanner looked at her,"What's gotten into you?" Kana pushed him back,"None of your damn buisness!" Before anyone else could move, Kana turned and took off across the courtyard and disappeared down the street. Tanner looked at Robin, but Robin's face revealed nothing. Gage glanced at his watch,"Come on you three. Let's go." Caleb looked down the street,"What about Kana?" Robin turned,"I'll go after her." Before anyone could object they were herded off to class by Amir. Robin looked at Kane and Gage,"Stay watch them. I'll be okay." Kane grudginly nodded,"Alright be carefully.. something doesn't feel right." Robin turned and took off down the street. Kana meanwhile had gotten a few blocks away before she slowed to a walk before collapsing onto a park bench. There was a snap and Denahi appeared beside her. Kana leapt up,"What are you doing here!? The others are right by.. you won't get away with anything." Denahi merely smiled,"First of all, no they are not. Second of all sit down girl. I have a proposition for you." Kana looked uncertain. Denahi continued to smile sweetly,"Come now. Surely if I was going to harm you I would have done so by now." Kana sighed and sat down on the opposite side of the bench,"Okay.. what is it?" Denahi's eyes gleamed,"Join us.. You have no idea the things I could teach you Kana. We do not want to destroy the world, we simply want to recreate it anew." She proceeded to describe to Kana this grand utopia that her and her brothers intended to create. Where the magical world would coincide with each other, instead of the fighting and bickering it used to be. Kana looked at her but said nothing, nor did her face reveal nothing. Denahi glanced up as if hearing something. She looked at Kana,"Think about it. I'll be in touch." Then just as quick as she had appeared Denahi was gone leaving Kana to stare at the space where she had just sat.

    Robin ran up,"Kana! There you are. Are you alright?" Kana rose,"Yea.. I'm fine." Robin pushed her back down,"Sit still and let me look at your head." Kana sat there numbly while Robin inspected her head. Robin looked at her,"I think you'll be alright, but all the same I want you to go home and rest." Kana rose to her feet,"Yes.. of course..." Robin waved a hand in front of Kana's face,"Are you okay?" Kana looked at her,"I'm fine." Robin rolled her eyes and grabbed Kana's arm,"If you say so.." Before Kana could blink the world had faded before her eyes. They reappeared moments later in Kana's bedroom. Kana sighed,"Why did you come?" Robin looked at her,"Its not safe out there. Arana would kill me if she found out. Your her d... successor and you're going to get yourself killed." Kana peered at her suspiciously,"Why did you stop?" Robin blinked,"What do you mean?" Kana crossed her arms,"You almost said something with a d." Robin smiled a bit,"My mistake that's all. I can make mistakes, just like any human." Kana relaxed a bit,"Yea.. your're right." They didn't say anything for several minutes then Kana said,"Robin.. do you ever miss your home?" Robin looked at her," I do.. the plains were my home, and sometimes I do miss the feel of the grass against my skin and the warmth from the sun on my back but I chose you serve the Republic. My family disapproved and for the last five years I have remained among the Republic as their messenger and aide, and I have never looked back." Kana looked at her,"You're the same age as me though..." Robin sighed,"My race differs from your's. I was trained when I was young and left home before I had lived 13 years." Kana looked at the ground,"What makes Denahi and her brothers so evil and dangerous?" Robin looked at her,"Its not my place to tell but you have to know... Long ago there used to be 10 gems. 10 gems, 10 powers thats the way it was. But then Time wanted more, he wanted power, a dominion. The others learned of his ventures and they expelled him from the Gems. They tried to strip him of his powers but just as they were about to fully take Time's powers, Moon leapt to his aide. The two of them fled off into the night. Both of them only had mediocre powers by then since the others had banished most of their powers. Gradually as years went by the others Gem's forgot about their two fallen friends, they assumed them dead. The land was prospering and things were joyous across the land. Then a dark force began to gather in the North by the Forests of Aramas. Immediately Earth and Lighting alighted on their mighty dragons and headed to challenge the dark force. Weeks went by with no word from either of them. The others had grown worried so they mounted their dragons and headed North to figure out what was going on. Waiting for them was Time and Moon astride their dragons. On the ground beneath them lay what was left of Earth and Lightning and their mighty companions. Fire flew into a rage and yelled so all the world could hear her, that they would not stop until Time and Moon were slain. The forces and beings of darkness were behind Time and Moon, and the forces and beings of good were behind the remaining Gems. The force collided 60 sunrises and sunsets after that day and for a hundred years the war raged on. Finally through treachery and deceit Time and Moon soon gained the upper hand. They destroyed their old friends. With the use of dark magic, and trickery they defeated the remaining 6. Only one survived. As the years continued the Gems were reborn in secret, the God above chose them out of all of humans and in secret they trained and became the Gems we know today. Unlike before they are all chosen, though the Gems have heirs. The heirs don't always earn their parent or parents power, every once in a while it occurs. One however is truly gifted, their bloodline is golden and remains intact. A prophecy was stated over 100 years ago that one shall rise whose blood runs gold, they shall inherit lost strength and become the heir to the goodness of the world." Kana looked at her,"So time and moon..." Robin whispered in an almost deadly voice,"Aye.. they are Denahi and her brothers parents." The hair on the back of Kana's neck prickled as she thought,"That means they lived for nearly 300 years... it also means that Denahi and her brothers are capable of the same thing...how are we supposed to defeat something that is nearly invincible..."



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on September 17, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing