Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

Suddenly, there was a scream upstairs. Arana ran towards the door,"Kana!" Arana pulled on the handle to the door,"It won't open! Kana!" Kai rushed to her side and rammed into the door several times before stepping back and rubbed his shoulder,"He froze it.. magically.." Sarina cried into her mother's arms and Nara looked at Sendoa helplessly. Sendoa stood and after a a few seconds began glowing brightly. He outstretched his arm and a second later a wind was swirling around them and a large tornado appeared. It barreled right through the door and into the entryway. Arana raced through the doors, ignoring Kai and Sendoa yells after her, she ran up the stairs and down the hallway. Kana's door was in splinters and the room was in shambles. Arana bent down and picked up a red piece of cloth, it was a sleeve to Kana's shirt. Arana turned and ran from the room and down the hallway,"Kana!" Suddenly a black ball of energy went whizzing past her head. Arana froze,"Who's there?!" Caleb and Ashton appeared and Caleb looked at her,"Oops.. sorry.. I thought you were that King.." Arana looked at them,"Its okay guys.. he's gone. Go downstairs to the others.. they'll protect you."

    She raced down the hallway and froze right before Tanner's door. It was also in splinters. She stepped into the room, it was completely destroyed and looked around,"Tanner..? Kana..?" She sighed and was about to leave the room when she heard a small whimper,"Arana...?" Arana stepped into the room and looked around,"Kana.. where are you?" She heard a small movement behind her, and a cough,"Over here." Arana crossed the room and pushed aside the dresser which had toppled over. She pulled several pieces of wall away before she spot a bright red buried beneath the rubble. Immediately she began to dig faster and soon she had cleared away enough pieces to pull Kana free. Kana was barely conscious as she lay in Arana's arms,"Tanner.. he's in the closet.." Arana laid her down gently,"I'll be right back." Kana murmured something that Arana couldn't hear as she moved over to the closet door. The door had been knocked clear off its hinges, and there was a large hole in it. The shelves had all been knocked down and were scattered across the small space, as were several pieces of the wall. Kai entered the room,"Arana..?" Arana dug through the rubble,"In here Kai.." Kai raced into the closet,"Where's Tanner?" Arana pushed a piece of wall aside,"Somewhere in here.." Kai looked at the pile up,"This is going to take forever to clear.. I'll take Kana downstairs.. and get Sen.. he can clear this away in no time flat." Arana nodded,"Okay.. hurry.."
Kai disappeared from the room. A couple minutes later Sendoa appeared, he whistled,"What a mess... Alright step back.." Arana stepped from the closet and looked at him.

    Sendoa waved his hand and a strong wind blew across the room, it swept up all the rubble and dumped it into a pile in the room behind the closet door. It took a few minutes but soon Tanner became visible. Sendoa stopped the wind and picked up Tanner in his arms. Arana looked at him,"Is he going to be okay?" Sendoa shrugged,"I don't know... its a good thing Sarah's here." The two of them went downstairs, Sendoa carrying Tanner. Nara was waiting anxiously at the bottom of the stairs,"Their in the living room with Kana right now." Arana went over and knocked on the door. Sarina opened the door came out closing it behind her,"Arana you may come in with Tanner but no one else." Arana nodded,"Okay.." She carefully took Tanner into her arm's and disappeared into the living room, Sarina quickly followed her closing the door behind her.

    Kana was laying on the couch, what was left of her shirt had been removed and replaced by bandages that wrapped around all of her upper body including the lower half of her neck. Arana laid Tanner down on the other couch,"Sarah.. is all of that really necessary.." Sarah nodded and pointed to several spots,"Burn marks.. its a surprise that both her lungs are still intact. One's a little bruised, and most of her rips are broken. Her heart has a little bruising but it should heal just fine. If she had been hit a couple more times, her lungs and heart would have burst. My only question is... why did her attacker stop when he did? Why not just finish the job? He certainly was trying to kill her.." Arana looked at her,"Any other injuries?" Sarah looked at her charts,"A minor concussion.. and her wrist may be sprained." Arana sighed,"Alright.." Sarah moved over to Tanner. She carefully removed his shirt,"Ah...now I understand.." Arana looked at her,"Understand what?" Sarah started to bandage Tanner's chest,"Why her attacker stopped.. he switched targets.. Tanner intervened in his attack on Kana.. so of course the attacker started attacking him. He stopped when he heard you tearing up the steps.." Arana sighed,"What about him?" Sarah began examining Tanner's head,"He has a concussion.. his is slightly more severe..but he should be fine.. everything else looks okay. He broke a few ribs.. and his lungs are bruised but I think they will both pull through. None the less.. Sarina and I shall stay the night in here and watch over them." Arana nodded,"Yes of course.." Arana snapped her fingers and two cots appeared along with some pillows and blankets. Sarina looked at Arana,"You'll find him right..." Arana looked at her,"Of course we will.. try not to worry I'm sure Dom's fine. He's strong."

    Little did they know, but back at the castle Dominic was being subjugated to worse than anyone deserved. His arms were outstretched to their full length and he was chained to a hard brick wall. His shirt had been ripped off, all he had on was his jeans, his back pressed up against the cold brick. Dezmond paced back and forth a black whip coiled around his arm,"Tell us about the prophecy?" Dom spit out blood,"Never.." Dezmond froze and sighed,"Do we have to go through this Dominic? This could all end very soon.. all you have to do is answer my questions." Dom glared at him,"Go to hell." Dezmond lashed out with the whip, causing several deep lacerations to appear across Dom's face and chest. Dezmond looked at him,"I will ask you one more time, who is the prophecy? what is the prophecy?" Dom chuckled,"I'll die before I tell you anything Dez." Dezmond looked at him,"No Dom.. I won't kill you.. but I will break your spirit don't worry."

    At that moment the door flew open and in strode another figure. He was clad all in red and black, his eyes were even a deep blood red color. Dezmond grinned,"Ah.. Vincent my brother you have returned, he seems to not want to speak to us.. I thought maybe we would break his arms first." Vincent grinned,"Ah.. sounds excellent to me brother." Vincent walked over to Dom,"So.. you don't want to speak to us about your little prophecy?" Dom spit in his face,"Go to hell." Vincent punched him in the face,"Foul words will get you nowhere." Before Dom could even reply, Vincent made two large boulders appear out of nowhere and sent them hurtling straight at Dom. They hit both of his arms at the exact same time. There was a loud cracking noise as they collided with the bones in his arms. Dom, despite his will, cried out in pain as the bones in both of his arms shattered. Vincent looked at him and grin spreading across his face,"Now will you talk?" Dom grunted but remained silent. Vincent shrugged,"Your choice.." He stepped closer to Dom and whispered,"I'm going to enjoy watching you slowly die." He swung back and then hit Dom as hard as he could in the face. He continued to beat him repeatedly punching and kicking him in the face and chest. After a few minutes Dom coughed up blood several times. Vincent looked at him,"Your pathetic.. Your willing to die for something you don't even care about." Dom looked at him through the one eye he could see out of and in a hoarse voice told him,"That's the difference between you and me... you would betray your brothers and sister in a heart beat... but I will never do that to Arana, Kai and Sendoa.. nor to the new ones. We are like blood.. we protect each other.. we sacrifice for each other.. and you can beat me as much as you want but I will never betray them." Vincent glared at him, and turned away,"Dez.. give me a few more lashes.. and then let us go feast.. for another enemy will soon be erased." Dezmond unwound the whip and grinned,"Ah.. an excellent idea brother." The whip lashed out several more times, soon blood was dripping all across the floor. Vincent opened the door,"Come brother.. that is enough for one night." They stalked from the room leaving Dom alone in the darkness unable to move a muscle. Dom sighed and looked up, he could barely see the moon and the stars above him through the small barred window. He shook his head and sighed,"What ever is happening over there... I hope their alright... Sarina.. please don't worry too much... I love you.."

    The next few days went by rather slowly, there was no word from Dom and Tanner and Kana's healing was going rather slowly. Arana was in the library bustling around muttering under her breath when Kai popped in. He looked at her,"Hey.." Arana pulled a book off the shelf not looking at him,"Hey.." Kai looked at her,"What are you doing?" Arana threw the book back on the shelf,"Just don't worry about it." Kai sighed,"Alright... I'm going to go see Lana.." Arana turned away,"Whatever." Kai walked over and put a hand on her shoulder,"J.." Arana whirled around and knocked his hand away,"Don't Kai! Go see her, why should I care? We've been over for the past year." Kai flinched,"Okay.. you're right.. I'll see you later.." He turned and left closing the door behind him. Arana sighed and laid the book on the table,"Follow the lines.. but only the stars know truth." She kept muttering that to herself as she walked around the library. Sarina opened the door and walked in,"Arana..? Are you in here?" Arana sighed,"Yea.." She walked around from behind the bookcase,"What's up?" Sarina looked at her,"I think I might be pregnant." Arana froze and looked at her,"How do you know?" Sarina looked at her,"Its kicking.." Arana face turned pale,"Sarina.. why didn't you say something?" Sarina looked at her,"I didn't know how to tell him.. and now he's gone!" She sank down into a chair and started to cry. Arana went over to her,"Sarina.. please calm down.. its not good on the baby.." Sarina nodded and wiped away her tears,"Yes.. of course.. just please promise me he's going to be okay." Arana nodded,"He will be.. I promise." Arana sighed and put an arm around her,"At least.. I hope he will be.."



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 28, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing