Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

Sendoa moved down the hallway and knocked on the door,"Caleb?" There was a soft sigh,"Come in." Sendoa opened the door and walked into the dark room. He blinked at the darkness and flicked the light switch on,"What are you doing in the dark?" Caleb was standing over by the window and shrugged. Sendoa looked at him and had to admit, if they were the same age they could have been twins. They both stood at 5'10, with short blonde hair and light blue eyes. Sendoa was slightly more athletic however, though he secretly knew that soon the other boy would be too. Caleb looked at him,"What's going on?" Sendoa calmly looked at him,"I already explained it all to you.. this world is in utter chaos. If you go within fifty feet of this place, the land is black, the trees are bare.. theres hardly any water. Creatures and humans die everyday. We.. have to stop it. You are to take my place.." Caleb looked at him,"Thats what I don't understand.. What's going to happen to you?" Sendoa sighed,"I don't know Caleb.. I really don't know.." Caleb sighed,"You said we were royalty.. what do you mean?" Sendoa looked at him,"There are certain appearances we have to make... we are this country's last hope... speaking of appearances there is a dinner tonight.. We are all to attend.. if you have something somewhat formal please wear it." Caleb shrugged,"Will nice jeans and a button down shirt work?" Sendoa nodded,"That should be fine.. I'm sure the other boys will be wearing the same thing."

    Kai suddenly appeared behind Sendoa, he was already dressed in dark jeans and a light blue button down shirt. Sendoa turned around and jumped,"KAI! I hate it when you do that!" Kai shrugged and grinned,"Ah.. lighten up Sen." Caleb looked up,"Who is that?" Kai looked at him and froze. Sendoa looked at him,"Kai.. you alright..?" Kai nodded and flashed a quick grin,"Yea.. of course. I'm Kai." Caleb nodded,"Nice to meet you." Sendoa looked at Caleb,"We'll leave you to get ready, just come downstairs when your ready." Caleb nodded,"Alright.." Sendoa flashed him a small smile before grabbing Kai and pulling him out of the room. Kai slumped up against the wall outside of the room. Sendoa looked at him,"What the heck is the matter with you?" Kai looked at him pale,"He's my sister's son." Sendoa blinked,"Kai thats not possible... you know what happened all those years ago..." Kai growled,"Of course I know.. I was there! I felt the flames.. I heard her screams... but I swear.. he looks just like her." Sendoa gripped his shoulders,"Kai breathe.. I know.. we'll figure this out.." Arana came down the hallway just then,"What's going on?" Kai jerked free,"Nothing.." Sendoa fell back a bit,"Kai.." Without another word, Kai walked off down the hallway. Arana looked at Sendoa,"What's going on?" Senoda sighed and ran a hand through his hair,"Its Caleb.. He looks exactly like Veronica.. Kai thinks Caleb is her son." Arana looked at him,"That's not possible.." Sendoa shook his head,"I don't know.. maybe she escaped.. Kai did." Arana blinked,"But she's not like Kai.. she has no powers.." Sendoa looked at her,"Maybe she does.. They were twins after all Arana.. maybe its possible that both of them inherited powers.. and she passed them onto Caleb." Arana paused,"You may have something there... I will speak to Sarah after dinner tonight.. but until then don't mention this to anyone. Go get ready." Sendoa sighed and with a blast of wind he was gone.

    Arana sighed and moved down the hallway to Kana's room. She knocked on the door, and after a few seconds the door opened. Arana pushed the door open,"Kana? Are you getting ready?" Kana yelled from the bathroom,"Hold on a sec." She appeared a second later, she was wearing a pair of light colored jeans with a red polo on,"How's this?" Arana looked at her,"You don't have a nice dress to put on?" Kana shook her head,"Hell no. I don't wear dresses." Arana scowled,"Ergh.. your going to be more of a handful than I thought. Alright.. well I guess that will work. We'll have to fix the dress issue later." Kana pulled her hair up into a ponytail,"Whatever you say Arana." Arana sighed,"Can you at least wear your hair down?" Kana turned and looked at her,"I guess.. Do I have to though?" Arana looked at her,"You don't have to.. but it would make it a little better." Kana sighed,"Alright." She pulled her hair down out of her ponytail and shook her head letting her hair fall where it went. Arana stared at her and could barely hide a smile. She thought to herself,"Your definetly something else... Its terrible that your beauty and smile will soon be lost forever." Kana looked at her,"What's up with you?" Arana blinked,"Hm? Oh nothing." Go downstairs, Kai is down there." Kana rolled her eyes,"Alright." They left the room, and Arana closed the door behind them. Kana turned and disappeared down the stairs. Arana turned and went down the hallway to her room.

    Dom knocked on Ashton's door,"Are you ready yet?" He was wearing a dark green polo with jeans on. Ashton groaned,"Yea.. hold on." He opened the door, he was wearing a plain black t-shirt with jeans on. Dom looked him up and down,"Looks fine to me.. Come on." Ashton shrugged and came out closing the door behind him. Dom grinned and nudged him,"Race ya." Before Ashton could blink, Dom had taken off down the hallway. Ashton raced after him,"Dom! You cheater!" They raced down the stairs, Dom was winning when suddenly Ashton leapt over him landing directly behind Kai. Dom jumped down behind him slightly out of breathe,"No fair.." Ashton grinned,"Face it.. I beat you fair and square." Kai looked at them, but said nothing. Dom grinned,"This time.." Ashton chuckled,"Get used to it from now on." Caleb looked at them but said nothing. Dom looked at him,"Ah.. you must be Caleb." Caleb nodded,"Judging from your exterior's you must be Dominic.. and he must be Ashton." Kai looked at him, and Dom chuckled,"Your right." Sendoa came down wearing a white button down shirt and black jeans,"Ah, I see you guys have met Caleb." Tanner slid down the banister behind Sendoa, wearing a blue polo and jeans,"Who?" Kai looked at him,"Tanner.. this is Caleb." They nodded to each other. Sendoa shoved his hands into his pockets,"Well shall we go Dom." Dom shrugged,"Alright.. let's go." Kai looked away lost in thought and muttered,"I'll watch them." Kana suddenly appeared sliding down the banister, she knocked over Tanner,"What's going on?" Tanner glared at her and rose to his feet. Dom looked at her,"You're staying here, we'll be back." Kana rolled her eyes,"Alright."

    Sendoa and Dom turned and walked out the front doors. Dom looked at Sendoa as they walked down the path to town,"What's up with Kai?" Sen sighed,"He thinks Caleb is his sister's son." Dom shook his head,"That's impossible though.. right?" Sendoa shrugged,"I don't know.. its not impossible.." Dom looked ahead,"What is Arana going to do? talk to Sarah?" Sendoa nodded,"Yea.. tonight.. after dinner." They came to a stop in front of a small light blue colored cottage. Dom looked at Sendoa,"I'll wait here." Sendoa blushed,"Alright.. I'll be right back.." He went up to the door and knocked on the door. Nara called from inside,"Come in." Sendoa pushed open the door and strode inside. He took a seat on the couch and waited for her to come out. A few minutes later Nara came out. She wore a long silver dress, it tied around her neck and sparkled in the light. Around her neck hung Sendoa's gems. One was in the shape of a tornado, the second was a crescent and they hung on a black leather strap. Sendoa smiled and stood,"You look beautiful." Nara blushed,"Thank you Sen.. I have to talk to you.. its important." Sendoa looked at her,"What is it?" Nara looked at him,"Um.. I just missed you that's all." Sen smiled and kissed her cheek,"I missed you too. Come on Dom's waiting." Nara laughed,"Oh yes.. don't want to make the big lug wait." Sen smiled and led her outside. Dom whistled,"Well ain't she a beauty, huh Sen?" Sen blushed,"Dom.." Dom chuckled,"Come on, we have to go pick up the others." After a few minutes they arrived at a wood cottage. Dom went up and knocked on the door. Sarah opened the door,"Ah.. Dominic hello." Dom smiled,"Hello Sarah.. are you and Sarina ready to go?" Sarina appeared,"Hello Dom.." She was wearing a light green dress that hugged her snuggly fitting her curves perfectly. Dom's gems hung around her neck, one was a lightning bolt and the other was a leaf, they both hung on a silver chain. Dom blinked, and smiled,"Ready?" She smiled,"Yes we're both ready."

    Sarah shook her head,"Trouble will soon arise,"she looked at Dom,"As strong and powerful as you are.. I fear it may not be enough this time." Sarina hugged Dom protectively,"Mother.." Sarah walked outside,"I'm sorry my daughter.. I tell as I see it." Dom hugged Sarina back and kissed her forehead,"Don't worry Rina.. I'm not going anywhere." Sarah approached Sendoa and Nara, and Nara's eyes flickered in fear. Sarah looked at her and smiled,"Do not worry my dear.. it is not my place to tell." Sendoa looked at her puzzled, and looked at Nara but her face showed nothing. Sarah looked at Sendoa,"Your not happy my son.. what troubles you?" Sen shook his head,"Nothing." Sarah laughed and began to walk,"You can not hide forever behind your smile." Nara looked at Sen but said nothing. Dom and Sarina came over, Sarina gazed after her mother,"She's been acting strange lately.. I think she knows more than she is letting on." Dom shrugged,"Let her be for now.. and let's just enjoy the night."  Sendoa nodded in agreement and the five of them proceeded up to the castle. Dom opened the doors and they walked in.

    As soon as they walked in a loud booming voice hollered out,"Where's my boy?" Sendoa flushed and looked up to see his father standing there. Rishenko turned,"Ah.. Sendoa there you are." Sendoa nodded and bowed slightly,"Father.." Rishenko looked at Nara who was hovering near Sendoa,"And who is this young lady?" Sendoa put his arm around Nara,"Father, this is Nara.. my wife." Rishenko raised an eyebrow,"And there was no celebration for such a special occasion?" Sendoa stammered to find an answer,"Well we.. erm us.." Arana appeared at the top of the stairs. She was wearing a long red dress on the front of it was emblazed a silver dragon. Her two gem's hung around her neck, one was a single flame, and the second was a star. She looked at him and replied,"They didn't want a celebration Rishenko, they want it to be small and private. And we granted them their wish." At that moment Kai, Kana, Tanner, Ashton, and Caleb walked in. Rishenko whirled around and his eyes narrowed a bit though his smile remained intact,"Ah.. Arana. There you go again thinking your in charge." Arana's eyes narrowed as she proceeded down the steps and faced him,"I am in charge.. I won your challenge. And furthermore how dare you bring that up in front of our guests, and the new Gem's." Rishenko growled under his breath but maintained his composure,"Ah.. of course. Our guests." He turned to the new Gem's,"Alright. Introduce yourselves." Kana blinked,"Who are you anyways? You can't order us around." Rishenko raised an eyebrow,"I am Rishenko, the rightful king of this land, who are you?" Kana glanced at Arana and Arana nodded. Kana straightened up and looked him in the eye," I am Kana, Gem of fire and moon and the leader of the Gem's. As it rightfully should be as I am to fulfill the legacy of Arana." Rishenko's eyes narrowed,"Ah.. I see.. and how about the rest of you." Sendoa nodded at Caleb, and Caleb spoke up,"I am Caleb.. Gem of Darkness and Wind." Kai nudged Tanner, and after a scowl Tanner replied,"I am Tanner.. Gem of Water/Ice and Light." Ashton looked at Rishenko,"I am Ashton... Gem of Lightning and Earth."

    Rishenko looked at him,"I always wondered why earth was a boy element.. I always assumed it would be a girls.. Girls after all are a lot weaker than boys.. such as the earth is weaker than fire. They should be switched." Rishenko looked at Kana,"You don't even dress like a girl or act like a girl.. hmph. This legacy is falling apart." Kana clenched her fists,"How dare you! You have no right.. maybe things are different now! Your one of those idiots who thinks girls should be locked in houses all day cleaning and cooking and taking care of children. When really we deserve respect and honor, and to do the things men do." Rishenko smacked Kana, sending her sprawling on the floor,"I think a lesson is in order for you." Tanner flinched a bit, but said nothing and no one noticed. Arana flew into a rage,"Don't ever touch her again, or I swear to God I will make you regret it! Now get out!" Rishenko glared at her,"It would be wise to not make me your enemy Arana." Sendoa eyes narrowed,"Leave Rishenko." Rishenko whirled to face him,"I can't believe this my own son, my flesh and blood is kicking me out of his home. What would your mother think? God rest her soul." Arana helped Kana to her feet, and Kana shook her head to clear her head as blackness flashed in and out of her vision. Sendoa blinked, but said nothing. Dom stepped forward,"Okay everyone just cool it..." Kai looked at Arana,"Let's just go eat...," he glared at Rishenko,"That is all the entertaining we are doing for the night though." Arana smoothed her dress,"Kai.. lead them into the dining room. Kana and I will follow shortly." Kai nodded and within a minute they had all disappeared into the dining room. Arana looked at Kana,"Are you alright?" Kana nodded slowly,"I'm sorry.. I know respect.." Arana brushed her off,"He doesn't deserve anybody's respect. You were right to react the way you did.. I just want to make sure your alright.." Kana nodded,"I'm fine Arana.." Arana smiled at her,"Alright.. now let's go eat."

    Surprisingly dinner went by very smoothly, within an hour and a half dinner was over and with a snap of her fingers Arana cleared the table. Arana rose from her chair,"As fun as this has been.. it is time for our younger ones to call it a night. Some of you other's should be along shortly as well." Kana jumped from her seat,"Last one upstairs is a rotten egg." She took off across the dining room with the other three boys right behind her. Rishenko huffed,"Some prophecy.. the people will hate her." Arana glared at him,"I think you have overstayed your welcome." Rishenko rose from his chair,"Beware Arana.. there are forces out there just dying to see you fall." Arana glared at him,"I'll watch my back, don't worry." Rishenko grinned and pulled a small book from beneath his cloak,"I feel it is wise to inform you all of this now. I have grown tired of watching you four over the years fail, and fail again. So I have decided it is to my well being to switch sides you might say." Arana clenched her fists,"How dare you." Rishenko grinned,"I can do as I may, this book in case you were wondering holds the secrets to all of you.. as well as the new ones. In the wrong hands.. something might just happen by accident of course," he looked at Sendoa,"My son.. I had such high hopes for you.. but you fell quite short of them. Your weak.. you always will be just like your mother. I bid you all farewell." Dom dove at him, but he disappeared in a cloud of smoke. When the smoke cleared he was gone and so was Dom. Sarina went into hysterics,"Where's Dom?!" Arana's gaze hardened,"I don't know... but we're going to find out." Sendoa clenched his fists,"I will find him." They all looked at him, but no one quite knew what to say.



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes i think i am hooked.
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing