Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by ^~FireNinja~^

Ashton hurtled through the air, until finally he saw the ending and with a thud he landed on the floor in his basement. He looked up to see his replacement absently strumming his guitar. He leapt to his feet,"Hey! That's mine!" The figure chuckled,"Technically, it is our's. But you're right it is your's." There was a burst of light and a completely different figure stood before him. Ashton blinked thinking for a second that Caleb stood before him, but his shoulder's slumped a bit when he realized it was just another stranger. The figure that stood in front of him stood at 6'0, with shaggy blonde hair and green eyes. He held out his hand,"I'm Kane by the way." Ashton shook his hand,"Nice to meet you, I'm Ashton." Kane grinned,"Yea.. I know remember?" Ashton chuckled,"You're right, you better know who I am." Kane looked at him,"Let's go get some food and I'll tell you what's been going on since you've been gone." Ashton nodded,"Alright.. let's go." They both grabbed jackets and headed on into the frosty winter night.

    They climbed into Ashton's car and headed over to a local fast food place. They ordered cheeseburgers and fries and then went and sat down. Ashton shrugged off his jacket,"So what's been going on?" Kane shrugged,"To tell you the truth not too much... Kammi's long gone. She took off a week after you left." Ashton swallowed nearly choking himself,"What? Why?" Kane shrugged,"No one know's. They haven't found her yet either... its like she disappeared." Ashton looked at him,"You don't think this has anything to do with..." Kane looked at him," I don't know.. I can't see them using her..." Suddenly Kane's face paled,"Oh s**t.." Ashton looked at him,"What!?" Kane ran a hand over his face,"Ergh.. the ceremony of rebirth.. they might use her for that.." Ashton looked at him,"What's the ceremony of rebirth?" Kane's eyes narrowed,"Denahi and her three brothers are actually over 200 year's old. Every twenty years their loyal followers bring their children.. their teenagers and hope that they will be chosen for the ceremony. During the ceremony the soul's of their children quite literally die.. and Denahi and her three brothers take over the empty body's." Ashton's eyes widened,"That's horrible.." Kane nodded,"It is... they might be going after the other's as well... you are no longer safe here.." Ashton looked at him,"So what is going to happen? We have to go back and save her!" Several people turned and stared at the two of them. Kane looked at him,"Keep it down.. we will.. they can't do anything yet... they'll wait for a while.." Ashton looked at him,"What about the others.. they have to be warned.." Kane leaned back,"You're just going to have to wait till next fall.. until then I'll be around to look out for you." Ashton sighed and looked away. Kane looked at him,"Besides.. the others can handle themselves... and as far as Kana goes.. I feel sorry for anybody who tries to tangle with her. They can handle themselves as can you. Plus they'll have their own guardians looking out for them." Kane glanced at his watch,"And if I am not mistaken.. Caleb should be crash landing right about now...."

    Kane couldn't have been more right.. Caleb had in fact just reached his destination. With a loud bang he landed in the backseat of his friends red Ford F-150. Lance spun around in his seat,"What the hell are you two doing back there?" Caleb shrugged sheepishly,"Erm.. my bad?" Lance rolled his eyes and spun back around,"Ya weirdo." Caleb glanced at the boy who sat right next to him. To his surprise it was a complete replica of himself. Alex yawned from the driver's seat,"Almost two... should we call it a night?" Caleb nodded,"Sounds good to me..." A few minutes later they pulled up in front of Caleb's house, and the two "Caleb's" climbed out. Caleb watched as the truck disappeared down the street before whirling on his twin. Though it wasn't his twin that stood there anymore. Another guy stood there, he stood at 5'8 with blue eyes and brown hair that was cut short. Caleb looked at him,"Who are you?" The other boy looked at him,"I'm Amir.. I've been living your life for the last two months." Caleb looked around,"Two months...how much have I missed?" Amir shrugged,"Fortunately for you nothing... Ashton's replacement had a bit of trouble.. its a good thing they left your friends alone." Caleb looked at him,"What are you talking about?" Amir looked at him,"I'd tell you if I could.. but I can't you guys are not supposed to know anything until fall arrives. Then all questions shall have answers.. well.. erm for the most part." Caleb sighed,"Very well... and what about you?" Amir looked at him,"I'll be next door.. I'm supposed to stay and keep an eye on you." Caleb looked at him and almost scowled,"You're the same age as me and you're supposed to protect me?" Before Caleb could blink he was on the ground with his arms pinned behind his back and one of Amir's arms around his throat. Caleb grinned sheepishly,"Alright.. touche.. let me up." Amir grinned and released him. Caleb flipped around and kicked Amir, sending Amir flying back across the wet grass. Caleb jumped to his feet and walked over chuckling,"Now we're even." Amir swung his foot out tripping Caleb,"No now we're even." Caleb landed on his back with a loud thump. Caleb chuckled,"Alright.." They got to their feet and looked at each other. Amir looked at him,"I'm going to head off for the night.. don't do anything stupid and get yourself killed." Caleb chuckled,"Don't worry. I won't." Amir waved and disappeared into the house next to Caleb's. Caleb sighed and looked around. Finally, after two months he was home.

    Tanner had a softer landed, landing on his bed. He glanced around, his T.V. was blaring with the sounds of gunfire and the occasional explosion. He rose to his feet and the door swung shut behind him. He whirled around to see an exact replica of himself standing there. The other him smirked,"So.. you're back. It's about time." Tanner glared at him,"Who are you?" The other him looked at him,"I'm Gage." Tanner looked at him,"I see.. you don't actually look like me do you?" Gage chuckled,"Nah.." Before Tanner could blink a completely different person stood before him. Gage stood at 5'9, he had short black hair and piercing light blue eyes. Tanner blink in shock,"Erm.. okay.. so what is going to happen to you now?" Gage looked at him,"I'm supposed to stick around till next fall.." Tanner looked at him,"What? Why?" Gage simply grinned,"You'll see.." Tanner rolled his eyes,"Whatever..." Gage reclaimed the controller,"Let's play. I'm going to miss this game." Tanner shook his head and chuckled,"You're on!" He grabbed the other controller and logged in. The next hour they played and joked around until Tanner's mom walked in. She looked at them,"Tanner.. who is this?" Tanner swallowed,"Erm.. this is Gage." Tanner's mom looked at him,"Nice to meet you Gage." Gage flushed,"Erm hello." She looked at Tanner,"Would you like any cookies?" Tanner shrugged,"Yea sure." She turned away,"Well come get them then." She walked away down the hallway. Tanner looked at Gage,"That was awkward." Gage chuckled,"Just a little." Tanner sighed,"I don't know what I'm going to tell them..." Gage looked at him,"You can't tell them Tanner.. it'll just put them in danger... plus they'll never believe you.. You can't tell anybody." Tanner looked at him,"Then what am I supposed to do?" Gage sighed,"Wait until Autumn.. everything will be alright.." Tanner sighed and looked at himself in the mirror. He felt like he was looking at a completely different person, he wasn't sure he even knew who he was anymore.

    Meanwhile Kana was just making her exit back into the human world. With a loud thump she landed on her bedroom floor. Her duplicate spun around in her computer chair,"Oh hello." Kana leapt to her feet,"Who the hell are you?" The other girl stood,"I am Robin." Kana looked at her warily,"Oh yea.. your the girl who was replacing me.." Robin nodded,"Precisely." Before Kana could blink, a completely different person stood in front of her. The girl stood at 5'7, with short spiky brown hair and bright green eyes. Kana looked at her,"Okay... so what have I missed?" Robin plopped back down in the chair,"Well your team lost state volleyball, so everyone hates you and you just got home basketball practice. Your sister was supposed to come home this weekend but she's not anymore. Homecoming sucked you didn't have a date. That's pretty much it." Kana shrugged,"Sounds pretty normal to me.." Robin looked at her,"Don't worry.. things will be better soon." Kana sighed,"How soon?" Robin looked at her,"Wait till August.. then everything will be fine." Kana looked at the calendar,"So.. eight months from now.." Robin looked at her,"I know it seems like a long time.. but..." Kana looked at her,"And what is going to happen to you?" Robin looked at her,"I'll stick around.. guide you through things.. help out in any way I can.." Kana glared at her,"I don't need your help." Robin gaped at her,"You need help most of all.. how can you say that?" Kana turned away,"Because.. you haven't been me long enough to realize that I do not need help."  Robin looked at Kana,"You're right I don't know, but you don't have to be so cold about it. People want to help you.. and frankly Kana you need their help." Kana didn't move for several minutes, and when she turned around Robin was gone the chair still spinning. Kana lay down in bed and curled up into a ball feeling more alone than ever before.

    Back in Nightingale things weren't going so well either. Sendoa and Arana were rushing about the castle trying to prepare for the move to Aloengard, the only country that had ever resisted takeover. The last caravan of people were leaving the next morning and there was still so much to be done. Most of the castle walls were blank, their contents either hidden or packed into boxes. Food and livestock that could not be taken with them was being burned or killed. It was decided they would leave nothing for the soldiers when they came. Sendoa was outside watching the flames as they grew higher and higher. Arana sat by the window in her room watching the flames herself. She shivered at the thought that the fire she created by just a simple word was now destroying so much. She glanced around her room, the only thing left was a pillow, blanket and a picture of her and Kai. Beside that picture rested another picture, it was one of the four of them. Kai was hanging upside down out of a tree, she was leaning up against the tree laughter clearly spread across her face, Dom and Sendoa could be spotted up in higher branches. Sarina had taken that one day when the four of them hadn't been paying attention. It was one of Arana's favorite pictures though. She looked at the one of her and Kai, so much had changed since then. Kai and her distance began a little over a year ago, and it just kept growing. Until eventually consumed them, leaving them with nothing, but bitter feelings towards each other, and to everything they used to love. Arana sighed and tossed the picture into a box before closing the lid and shoving it under the bed. She glanced out the window one last time before laying down to bed. She closed her eyes and just before she went to sleep a single tear slid down her cheek.

    Kai winced as he was slammed against the wall. Vincent glared at him,"TELL ME!" Kai glared at him,"I can't tell you what I do not know!" Vincent grabbed him and dragged him to his feet,"Then who would know the secrets of the new four?!" Kai glared at him,"Why should I tell you?" Vincent threw him across the room,"AH I know who it is..." Kai winced, not responding. Vincent smirked,"How cute.. as your love for another grows you seem overdetached to more than one." Kai glared at him,"You don't know what your talking about." Vincent looked at him,"To capture and kill Arana.. one of my greatest challenges that has yet to be fullfilled. But fear not she shall fall in time. Everyone has their pressure points. I have you, another, and soon I will have the other two things she cares about within my grasp and then no one can stop me." Kai glared at him,"You sound like you act alone." Vincent kicked him sending him sprawling,"I am the mastermind behind us without me the others would falter and fail. Except for perhaps my darling sister." Kai smirked,"Ah.. how is the old cursed being." Vincent glared at him,"That is information that doesn't concern you." Kai glared back at him,"She's as much my sister as she is your's." Vincent eyes glowed red at this and he kicked Kai across the room,"You are not our brother! You stopped being related to us when you turned against us!!" Kai scowled wiping blood from his mouth,"Oh shut up Vincent. Did you honestly think I would abandon my family for those idiots! Seriously!? How dumb do you think me and Denahi are!?" Vincent froze,"You mean..." Kai nodded his head,"Exactly.. I have been the one providing you with information all these years." Vincent ran a hand through his hair,"I never imagined... Brother.. forgive me." He helped Kai to his feet and embraced him. Kai managed a small grin,"Of course.. We're brother's after all." Vincent led them from the room,"Lets go dine for tonight we are rejoined as the five." Kai nodded but his thoughts were elsewhere. As they walked from the cell he thought to himself,"Arana forgive me..."  

    Kai paused next to the door that held Dominic. Vincent looked at him,"Coming Kai?" Kai sneered,"Give me a moment.. I want to rub in our glory. I shall meet you there." Vincent grinned and disappeared down the hall. Kai muttered a word under his breath and the door swung open. Dom looked up through one eye. In a hoarse voice he asked,"Kai!? What are you doing here?" Kai walked over to him,"It kind of hard to explain my friend... but I don't have a choice. It was the only way for them to release me and thus hopefully get you out of here soon." Dom looked at him,"Kai you didn't..." Kai hit the wall,"I didn't want to! But what other choice do I have!?!" Dom sighed,"I don't know Kai.." Kai looked at him,"They need you.. I can prevent them from killing you Dom.. Ashton needs you.." Dom growled,"What are you going to tell Arana?" Kai flinched,"She doesn't need to know...." Dom looked at him,"I hope you know what you're doing Kai.." Kai looked at him,"Trust me.." Dom shook his head but said nothing. Kai sighed and walked out. He closed the door and walked away hands in his pocket brooding. Saber looked up as Kai walked into the living room. Dezmond was pacing in front of an open fire he also froze upon seeing Kai. Saber looked at Kai,"Welcome back brother.." Dezmond scowled kicking at the fire. Kai smiled weakly,"Heh..yea.." Dezmond glared at Kai,"Welcome back....Traitor." Kai glared at him,"You know nothing." Dezmond's voice raised to a yell,"Our sister is dying because of you!! You would think that you would let your own brothers know what was going on!" Kai clenched his fists,"Denahi's fate has nothing to do with me! Her soul is weakening she needs a new one! As for the other thing your such a blabber mouth you would have spilled the secret years ago. You the worst out of all of us!" Dezmond jumped at him, knocking them both back over a couch. They were fighting pretty heavily until Vincent walked in. Vincent looked at Saber,"What is the meaning of this?" Saber looked at him,"Dezmond jumped down his throat and Kai smarted off back, now I am just waiting to see who comes out on top." Vincent nodded watching as well. Finally after several more tense minutes Kai successfully pinned Dezmond down, one move from Dezmond and Kai would snap his neck. Vincent clapped his hands,"Well played my brothers. Come now. Kai release Dezmond." Kai scowled but released Dezmond. Kai rose to his feet and while his back was turned Dezmond launched an energy ball at him. Kai didn't move but suddenly the ball froze and Dezmond flew back into the wall. Dezmond scowled and tried to push off the wall but he was frozen to the wall. Kai turned around,"Never underestimate me again. That was very cowardly by the way, attacking your opponent while their back is turned. You may not be a skilled fighter Dez.. but at least fight fair instead of fighting like a coward." Saber struggled to contain his smile as he went over to free Dez. Vincent grinned at Kai,"Well played brother.. you certainly have changed..." Kai didn't answer he simply just walked away. Vincent turned to Saber who was still struggling to release Dezmond from the wall. Vincent growled,"Neither of you can handle that?" Vincent similarly tried but much to his disgust he couldn't release Dezmond either. Vincent growled his eyes flashing red,"We can not let him be more powerful than us my brothers... I don't care what Denahi thinks... We can not let that happen!" Vincent and Saber combined their powers and soon Dezmond fell onto the ground. Dezmond stood and glared at the door,"He must be stopped... they all must." Vincent followed Dezmond's gaze,"I agree... but as of right now we shall do nothing until Arana is dead.. and Kana is in our grasp.. three in one.. is much too deadly." Saber looked at Vincent,"He won't let us get anywhere near them." Vincent looked at Saber,"Ah.. but people can easily be deceived brother." Dezmond glared at him,"Now what!?" Vincent looked at them," We wait until my signal......."



© 2009 ^~FireNinja~^


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow i really enjoyed this...
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

^~FireNinja~^
^~FireNinja~^

About
I'm 17 year's old. Going to be a senior this year woo hoo!!!! I just write in my spare time.. but don't really know if its really any good. so i guess we'll see how this goes.. lol. Um.. I'm in Tae Kw.. more..

Writing