Chapter One: Why You Should be Glad You're Not Me

Chapter One: Why You Should be Glad You're Not Me

A Chapter by El Mando
"

Chapter one of the epic Saga! (Okay, maybe it's NOT an epic Saga.....)

"

     Sleep. That was the only thing on my mind at the moment. Until I was woken by the sound of "TOON LINK! BREAKFAST IS READY!" I streached, got out of bed, got ready, & stumbled into the kitchen. There was Link, giving me that "you-got-up-late-so-I-had-to-yell" look.

     Link is the reason I exsist in the first place. His parents died on his 12th birthday, which is also my age. That day, I was created, but 5 years younger on a place called Toon Island. I was the only Toon brave enough to venture outside the Island. So, I got to Hyrule & met Link.That's why I'm called Toon Link.

     We had the usual lumpy oatmeal for breakfast. "Why can't we have something tastier?" I said. "Sorry, but food is rationed." Link told me. Why is food rationed? you ask me. All because of a giant blizzard that's causing lots of problems in Hyrule.

     About a week ago, there was random snowfall. All the little kids ran outside & threw snowballs & made snowmen. Three days later, it got worse. People were forced to stay inside. No one even dared to go to the market.

     Not only people didn't want to go outside, but very bad things began to happen. Because of the cold weather, crops & livestock were dying. People were getting sick. Almost half of Hyrule's people were gone due to the sickness. Link & I were one of the few people in our area who wern't sick.

     The only animals we have left are Epona, Link's horse, & a pig I named Harold. I named the last pig we have because I had a soft spot for it for a werid reason. I'm worried I'm turning into a second copy of Link. He's obesesed with Epona, even though she's just a horse. If I call her "it" instead of "she" or "the horse" instead of "Epona", Link'll slap me & say I need to learn respect for animals.

     For your FWI, Link, I do have respect for animals. I let Harold in because he looked cold outside in his pen. I let him come in as long as he wouldn't poop in the bed. He already did, so I made him sleep in my closet. My closet is super-tiny, so it was a good punishment.

     You think this isn't going anywhere, right? WRONG! Right on que, Harold ran into the kitchen with one of my boots in his mouth. He likes to chew on my clothing to occupy his time. "Toon Link, I told you not to let animals in the house!" he groaned. "Well, you're letting Epona in during this blizzard." I argued.

     "That's because she's special." Link replied. I continued to argue with him 'till he finaly said yes. Then he facepalmed. I don't know why, but when we argue about stuff like this, he always facepalms after I win. Then, we heard the roof creak.

     Our house is so tiny, you couldn't even call it a house (though Link does). It's more of a cottage with only four rooms. My room, Link's room, the kitchen/living room, & our bathroom. We also have an outdoor stable where we keep our animals. It's also kinda old, so the roof always creaks, but not like right now.

     Heavy snow was falling all the time, & some of it landed on our roof. Suddenly, the roof crashes in, & snow falls into the kitchen. We should've got it repaired, but it was so cold I didn't want to take a step outside. Link & I quickly put on our coats, & I grabbed one of my boots from Harold. We knew we had to find differnet shelter than our colasped house.

     We packed cothing, gathered some food from the kitchen, I grabbed Harold, then we hopped on Epona & went on. It was freezing, so I clutched Harold for warmth. We had to find someplace to go or we'd probobly die out here in the cold. So, as you can see... you should be really gald you're not me right now.



© 2011 El Mando


Author's Note

El Mando
Ingnore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story! It's adorable! I've always loved playing the legend of zelda games and this is an awesome twist. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really like this!!!!! imma ask my friends to read this =3

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ya... I'm only ten. o3o

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good the only thing i would comment on is the grammar problems and your diction. Other then that good job your very creative.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 19, 2011


Author

El Mando
El Mando

About
I like going on the internet, drawing, & of course... writing stories!!! I sometimes am a spazz, though. I absouletly ♥ Super Smash Bros. Brawl & MarioKart. My favorite color is pink. I'm also .. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by El Mando