Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

Maika's POV:

​We approached the figure and saw familiar straight brown hair. As we got closer we saw a distressed Kevin who you could tell by the look in his eye that he was on edge. There were three long and deep cuts on his left cheek and the blood poured down his face and neck. The four of us stopped walking and looked around but Sarah was nowhere to be found.

We saw her run out here after him. Is she hiding from us? Where is she? Did she do that to Kevin's face? 

​ "Kevin, where's Sarah?" Shawn asked him. Kevin looked up at him. Kevin's face turned pale white but he didn't answer. 

​Shawn's arms began to shake and his face turned beat red. He lunged at Kevin, picked him up by the collar of his shirt, and rammed him into the closest tree. I heard my sister gasp then she grabbed my arm as if telling me to intervene. "Where's my sister, you a*s?" Shawn screamed at Kevin. 

​ "Someone took her, Shawn!" Kevin screamed back as he put his hand on Shawn's arm that was holding him up against the tree. "Whoever it was was too fast and I couldn't do anything. I did try to save her, Shawn, but I couldn't. I'm sorry." I could see the pain in Kevin's eyes as he spoke. 

​Emma pulled Shawn away from Kevin. "Shawn, stop!" Emma put her arms around Shawn's waist but he continued to glare at Kevin. "Beating up or even killing Kevin won't help get Sarah back. So, just calm down." Shawn looked down at Emma and took a deep breath. Emma turned toward Kevin. "Do you know where Sarah is?" 

​ "I do," I blurted out. I didn't even mean to say anything. I could feel Sarah. I could feel her heat emitting from her body. She was close by but we just couldn't see her. 

​ "You do?" Kevin questioned. A glimmer of hope flashed across his face. 

​ I slowly nodded. "When Carlee called out to us when she was invisible, I began to feel people's energies. I can feel where people are. I guess I can track them. I've never actually tried yet." 

​ "Well, then, time to see if you're a tracker," Shawn stepped away from Emma. "Lead the way." 

​ I nodded again and turned toward the haze of trees and bushes. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose. Got her. I started following Sarah's energy. I could feel her. She was scared. I guess she should be because the scratches on Kevin's face from the thing that took her looked pretty gruesome. 

​I stopped in a cleared area in the middle of all the trees. 

​ "Well, where is she?" Shawn demanded. 

​ I slowly tilted my head upward and saw a pair of white eyes staring back at me. I heard a girl laugh and the eyes disappeared. A dead-looking girl appeared in front of us with her arm around Sarah's neck. The girl had pure white eyes, she was frail and looked as if she was only skin and bones, but the skin on her body was pale. She looked like a zombie except for the decaying body. Is she a ghost or something? 

​ "Helen?" Kevin stepped in front of the group to get a closer look at the girl. 

​ The girl smiled. "Hey, Kev." 

​ He stepped back a bit. "What happened to you?" 

​ "This is what happens when your enemy takes over your home and turns you into one of them." Her eyes darted to me and she evilly grinned at me. "It looks as if you have a dog on your side."

Carlee gripped my arm and I looked at her. Carlee was glaring at Helen but I could tell she was still scared. 

​ "What are you doing here, Helen?" Kevin pulled her attention away from me. 

​ Helen looked down at Sarah. "This girl is at the top of our wanted list. She's the chosen one and everyone is on the hunt for her. We have to get rid of her so she doesn't get in our way," she looked back up at Kevin. "And I knew you would lead me straight to her. So thank you," she pulled a knife out of her back pocket. 

​ "Helen, no, please. Please. You know what she means to me and to their home. You know I need her," Kevin pleaded with her. 

​ She smiled her evil smile again and brought the knife into Sarah's side and dragged it almost to the middle of her waist. Sarah screamed in agony and collapsed onto the ground at Helen's feet. Kevin ran for Helen as multiple men jumped from the trees and ambushed us. Carlee had disappeared and I guess went to Sarah's aid. I looked at Shawn and we nodded at each other.

Let's get this over with.



© 2014 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing