Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

Shawn's POV:

I ran over to my sister and got rid of anyone who got in my way. I fell onto the ground beside her and looked her over. The dagger was still in her side, and she was losing a lot of blood. I was about to pull the dagger out of Sarah's side when she spoke up. "Shawn...behind...you."

I turned around and saw a man quickly approaching us. He looked like a normal guy, with just a t-shirt and jeans, but his eyes were pure white, like that Helen girl's. I pulled my fist back and rammed it into his stomach, sending him flying into the trees. I knelt back down next to Sarah and put my hand on the knife. I looked at her and her breathing became uneasy. "Just hang on," I told her softly. She nodded and closed her eyes. I quickly pulled the dagger out of her side, like ripping off a Band-Aid. She screamed out in pain. I was about to apply pressure to the wound but something was blocking me. Carlee became visible on the other side of Sarah with her hands already applying pressure.

"I got her. Go help the others." Her eyes were serious. I never knew Carlee could be serious.

I nodded at her in response. I stood up and noticed another guy looking at me. He looked back down at Sarah and then sprinted at us. I took my stance again and sent him flying into the trees with his friend.

I looked around and noticed that there were more guys coming. The anger rose in me. My little sister was probably dying in behind me and these things were hurting the people that I considered family. Emma was nowhere in sight, and Sarah's boyfriend probably got Sarah killed because he knew that Helen girl.

I finally let all my anger out and screamed at the top of my lungs. The sound waves that left my mouth knocked everyone onto the ground and made the trees bend. Kevin fell out of a tree and into some bushes. All the things got off the ground and looked at me then sprinted back up into the trees where they came from. They climbed like wild animals running away from a predator. But weren't they the evil ones, not us?

I looked at Maika once they were gone. We both breathed out a sigh of relief and looked back up into the trees to double check that they were gone. I heard a groan come from behind me. Maika and I ran to Carlee and Sarah; Maika went to Carlee's side and I went to Sarah's. Carlee was sniffling, her cheeks were wet, and her eyes were red. Sarah looked up at me with calm eyes. There was no fear in them. Her body shook as her blood continued to pour out from between Carlee's fingers. She smiled weakly at me. "Hey, big bro."

I smiled back at her and sniffled trying to hold back tears of my own. "Hey, kid."

She looked at us and her smile faded. "Where's Kevin?"

I turned around toward the bushes where I saw Kevin fall and saw that he was crawling out of them. I stood up and walked towards him. He was standing by the time I made my way toward him. I saw his eyes connect with Sarah's before he looked at me. I could see the pain in his eyes. Either from the fall, the painful-looking scratches on his face, or from seeing Sarah dying.

"Where's the other girl?" She was nowhere in sight. Not even her body.

"She got away," Kevin spoke through clenched teeth.

Anger rose inside of me again. Kevin let her go? "You let her get away?" I yelled at him and pushed him sternly.

He looked at me with a fire in his eyes. "Someone had to be supersonic and scream and give her the chance to get away!"

"She probably killed Sarah!" I punched him on the cheek where the three scratches were. My punch made the cuts open up and start bleeding again and blood even began dripping out of his mouth.

"Shawn! Stop!" I heard Sarah scream at me.

Kevin used his sleve to whip the blood away from his mouth and looked at me one last time before running to Sarah. I watched him as he slid next to Sarah and pull her into his lap. Emma came out of the woods and into the clearing. She walked up to me and placed her hand into mine. "Where have you been?" I asked her.

She shook her head and looked at the others. "We need to get out of here."

I nodded and kissed her temple as we walked toward the others. I sucked in a breath to talk but Kevin stood up and turned around revealing Sarah in his arms. One of her arms was draped over her stomach and the other wrapped around Kevin's neck. Her eyes were slightly open and she was looking over at me. Her skin had gotten a lot paler even though I was just with her.

Kevin looked at me then back down at Sarah. "I got her," he mumbled as he brushed passed me. Maika dragged Carlee behind him and followed Kevin to the car.

"They know," I whispered to myself as I watched them walk back to the house and to my car.

"Know what, dear?" Emma questioned me as we followed them.

"Sarah and Kevin are one. They need each other. Without Kevin, Sarah can't save anything or anybody. Kevin is like her protector. We need her and without her our world dies and so does his."

"And why did you punch him?"

I shrugged. "I got mad."

She looked up at me. "How do you know all this?"

"Like, we have this weird connection thing between the five of us. Like we're all a part of this group and we can feel what each other is feeling."

"So a circle. Like a circle of friends."

I smiled. "Yeah, a circle."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as my sister was wheeled away into the emergency room. We all stood in the lobby and Emma continued to hold my hand. Carlee was standing in front of Kevin and Maika was holding him back by grabbing his arm. Kevin was covered in blood, his and Sarah's.

Once there was finally silence, I collapsed onto the chair behind me and put my face in my hands. "Shawn, I'm sorry," Kevin spoke up.

I didn't look up at him. "Whatever."

I heard someone walk away. "What the hell is wrong with you, Shawn?" Maika sounded pissed.

I looked up at the clock. It was two in the morning. Too early to argue.



© 2014 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on August 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 22, 2014


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing