My Normal Day

My Normal Day

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde

When the weekend had finally rolled around, Jamie was thankful. It was now one in the afternoon and she was barely starting to wake up, taking it slow instead of being in a rush for school.

"Mmmm." She moaned into her pillow as she sat up and grabbed her phone from the nightstand beside her queen size bed, checking her messages that she had gotten last night.

"Yo ,yo Jamie girl give me a call when your punk a*s wakes up!" said a squeaky disguised voice, but she knew it had been none other than Kragen trying to do a hip -hop kind of voice. She laughed as she closed the phone, putting off calling him until after she washed up and ate some breakfast.

After brushing her teeth and doing her regular morning routine, she headed downstairs into the kitchen where her parents chef, Corey Lacklin was.

"Ah, my sweet! You are awake! Hungry?" Corey smiled at her as she came up and rested her arms on the island counter.

She grinned at him, enjoying his exciting energy he always gave off. "Actually I was just going to grab a bowl of cereal and head upstairs or something," She said and he gave her a horrified look.

"Nonsense! Cereal is never enough... and besides it's lunch time. I'm fixing your parents their lunch now, why don't you sit and I make you some too?" he offered, but she shook her head no as she walked to the fridge, Corey watching her every move.

"Look! I'll even eat a pop tart too!" She giggled as he shook his head. "Where's mom and dad?" Jamie asked as she opened the wrapper and waited for an answer.

"In the dining room, sweet." Corey said, his back to her and his front to the stove as he stirred something in a pot.

"'K thanks Core'!" Jamie replied as she walked through the kitchens swinging door, crossing the main room and went into the dining room Corey said they were in.

She found them in their usual spots, across from each other at the far end of the long wood table, right in front of the fireplace.

'

They look so ....dead..' Jamie thought as she went over and sat near her dad's side.

"Morning," Jamie said, but her parents, Dallas and Madison, paid no attention to her as they continued their argument.

"Dallas I don't see why you have to drive all the way to Corpus just to have a meeting there, that you could have right here." Madison complained as see took a sip of her coffee.

"I told you Madison, Johnson won't come here. He just won't budge." Dallas said simply, trying his best to side step the on coming fight.

"Dall-"

"Hi!" Jamie said sweetly, trying to get someone's attention.

"Madison, don't I mean really, I've tried everything."

Feeling ignored and knowing that she was, Jamie got up from her seat, pop tart in hand, and headed up to her room.

'She probably thinks he'll cheat on her again... She might be right.' Jamie thought as she headed up the flight of stairs that led to five other bedrooms in her huge house


He loved Saturday mornings. His usual daily trips were mainly the comic book store, McDonald's, and then hanging out at the movie theater to watch movies all day ; he could get in cheap since he was friends with just about all the workers there, especially the owner.

They didn't ask about the scars and cuts and bruises that Seth had, and he was thankful for that as well. He hated it when people or strangers just come and ask him "What happened", or "Are you okay?". If it were their business, they would have known.

Taking in a deep breath of the morning air, Seth continued his walk towards his favorite comic book shop, his head hanging low and his eyes staying down. It wasn't that he was tired, it wasn't that he was cold. It was that he was trying his best to not people see his brand new bruise his dad "kindly" gave to him the night before.

Ignoring his own thoughts and memories of the beating, he turned to the corner to where the store was located and noticed Jamie Luthor walking in with some guy.

He had to admit to himself, he was taken back.

"What is she doing here?..On this side of town?" He asked out loud to himself. He knew who she was and the last place he'd ever think she'd come was to a comic book store... She has a house, no, a mansion, her parents are ...well... rich.. her dad, Dallas Luthor had a famous affair and her mom was said to be a bit on the b***h side. Seth always thought she was more for labels instead of sticker prices. He didn't think she was 'preppy' but more on the lines of 'high classed'. But man, did this change his view, seeing her walk into some crappy comic book store.

'Well not everybody is like their parents......' he thought, referring a bit to himself as he was nowhere near coming close to being like his father.

Thinking of turning around, Seth decided not to. 'I mean it's ,like, she doesn't even know who I am.." he thought, but little did he know that she knew a lot...
 



© 2009 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
What do you guys think so far? Interesting? Boring? Good?
Let me knoe please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on September 30, 2009


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing