Scent Of A Kiss.

Scent Of A Kiss.

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde

(Jamie's P.O.V.)


"Who's that?" Seth asked.

I galnced up to see him looking at pictures all over my wall. I hadn't touched them in years, hadn't ever thought about it either. I couldn't take any of them down. Only because they were the only thing I had left of Jeremy.... I felt the sudden rush of sadness, and my mood quickly changed. I went back into the dark world, remembering the night all too well.... I wanted to cry right then. Just the thought of Jeremy had my heart broken into a million pieces all over again. I hated this feeling. I hated feeling so sad, so weak just at the thought or mention of him....

But I had something that could cure that. I already knew exactly what. He was standing five feet away from me, staring at a Green Day poster on the wall, his head slightly tilted to the side, hands in his pockets, and of course, his hair nearly covering his face. 

Just looking at him, knowing he was there, had me feeling a little comforted.. But, I needed just a little more. What though?

My mind immediatley brought back memories from when I had fallen asleep at his treehouse, when I had woken up in his arms. I just wanted his warmth, his closeness. That alone always made it better, only from him though. He was the one that could take the nightmares of Jeremy and everything else away. Was I sure why? No. Was it a little frightening? Yes, in a way. But, I liked it. With Seth, I always feel safe. I always feel ike no matter what, I'll be safe. And even if it has been only a few months, not even, that I've known him... I already trust him.

I was grabbed out of my thoughts and memory when he said something. I didn't catch what exactly he said though. Something about my room? My body felt cold, and I know it was because my mind was still pushing towards thoughts of Jeremy, which was scaring me. I hate remembering everything.....

"Seth?" I called to him. I felt so nervous, still on the verge of tears nearly. I just wanted to be held. I wanted Seth to hold me like he did when he was sleeping... No one's ever made me felt like that, no ones ever made me feel safe like he does. That's what I wanted right now.

He looked back towards me, and I started to focus on swinging my legs, just so that I wouldn't break down. He made his way towards me, and sat down beside me. I wanted to crash into him, but I didn't want to freak him out. So, I simply rested my head on his shoulder, and for me, that was enough.

I smiled to myself, thinking about the first day I had actually met him. Hitting him with a car of all things.. I wrapped my arm around his, and I was a little surprised to feel that his arm was a bit bigger than the last time I had notcied. It made me want to ask if he worked out.... I chuckled at the thought. Seth didn't seem like someone to go to the gym and workout. He was more crafty, hands on I suppose. He probably got his muscle from working on the treehouse and such. 

"What are you laughing at?" He quietly asked. He rested his head ontop of mine, and I felt him smile against my hair, which made me smile as well.

I didn't want to tell him what I had actually been thinking about. I grinned and said, "The first day we actually met. I hit you with my car."

Seth laughed, and I felt it vibrate straight through me. "Yeah. Feels like such a long time ago."

"I thought you were a dog. It scared the hell out of me to see you weren't any dog at all." I smiled and turned to rest my forhead against his shoulder.

"If I were a stray dog, would you bring me home?" he asked, and the question made me laugh.

"Yes, I would." I replied. I softly rubbed my cheek against his shirt. He smelled amazing.

"Well, maybe I was the stray dog after all." He said, his voice sounding very relaxed compared to how it was earlier. I started to remember meeting his father, Mark, at school. Just the thought of him, the look in his eyes and the bite in his voice, sent a dark chill down my spine. Seth must've noticed, because he quickly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer. 

It felt as though he was slouching just a bit, and was letting his left shoulder hang down just so I would be able to actually lay my head onto his shoulder. I chuckled quietly. He was so tall, even just sitting down next to him, I still couldn't reach. But either way, being next to him was the best. 

His scent drifted back towards me, and I closed my eyes and leaned into him just a little. It reminded me of rain... Rain.. and I dont know. It was just amazing. I breathed it in once more, and then opened my eyes to see that I was closer to this neck than I had realized. His neck was just the perfect spot for it. Maybe that's where it was coming from... 

My eyes drifted close once more as I breathed in. I leaned in just a little closer.

I felt taken with it. With Seth. It was all Seth. Nothing but him.




(End of Jamie's P.O.V.) 
(Seth's P.O.V.)


I felt Jamie's hot breathe on my neck, which kinda of tickled... but, I remained still. I was a little lost actually. I didn't know what she was doing, but I liked it... a lot. I liked having her this close to me. No... I loved it. 

I wasn't expecting this at all, I was kinda surprised. No one has ever been this close to me. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all, probably because it was Jamie afterall. With her, I'm fine with anything. For her, I'd do anything.. 

She leaned in closer to me, and I felt myself welcoming it, wanting it even. I tried to focus on breathing this time, instead of remaining still..

But that all went down the drain once I felt her lips brush against my neck, back and forth. It wasn't a kiss, her lips were barely touching me at all, but I still felt her. It felt like a feather, just teasingly soft, warm. 

This time, she did press her lips against my neck. I shuddered against her touch. It sent a vibrating wave through me, and the shock of this new feeling was incredible. I closed my eyes, and I felt myself leaning into her. My arm dropped from around her shoulders, and fell to her waist. I gently tugged her closer, wanting more. I felt lost, lost in Jamie. 

And honestly.... I really didn't want to be found.

"Seth." She whispered. It sounded as though she didn't mean to say it, yet her voice, even whispering, was filled with some kind of passion, as if she was just as lost as I was.

But of course, once she realized she had said something, she pulled back, a surprised and embarrassed look on her face. I was falling back to the world with her, and at the moment, I didn't want to be back here.

Her eyes widened just a little, and I swallowed and looked away. F**k. I should've done something.. stopped it I guess. She was regretting it. I know it.

I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have even came here. It was a mistake. She's probably thinking the same right now.

For a minute, it was just complete silence. Jamie was still sitting next to me, not really close at all though. We both didn't say anything, or even gave one look at each other. I hated awkward situations. I hated it being so awkwardly silent. 

We both sighed at the same time.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what that was.." She said, her voice drifted and I could tell she was still embarrassed. I looked down at the floor, thinking of something to say, but I came up with nothing. Maybe I should just go, and pretend like nothing happened so she would feel better. Yeah.. That sounded right. Anything to just get her happy again. That's all I want.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay, really." I got up off the bed, and stood up. Quickly, I glanced up towards her. She was sitting there, with her hands folded on her lap, staring at me. Once her eyes met mine, she looked away and I saw her cheeks go red. I wanted to smile, but I felt so out of place. I wanted to stay so badly, but I knew I should get back to the treehouse anyway.. Plus, Jamie probably wouldn't want me here after that. "I should probably get going before it gets dark.." I said. I galnced to the window. Complete sunshine. Great. 

I rolled my eyes and looked at the floor again. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jamie standing up. I cleared my throat, unsure of what to do now.

Should I just walk out the door? Or maybe wait for her to say something.. I guess I wouldn't be doing either really. She was slowly, very slowly, walking to me. I just stood there, looking at her. I didn't know what to say or do. I don't think there was anything though. Nothing needed to be said.

She was right in front of me now, directly in front of me, very close.

She was staring at my shirt, or chest? She didn't say or do anything. I looked down at her, and watched as she took a step towards me again. We were toe-to-toe now.

I wondered what exactly she was doing. 

I watched, again, in silence as Jamie placed her hand on my chest, and looked up towards me. She bit her lip, and smiled at me. I blinked, feeling like a dumbass. Why was she smiling? I wasn't complaining at all, I was curious though. How was she feeling? 

Just a moment ago we were on her bed, and she was kissing my neck... I didn't really want to remember anything else. I wanted to feel her close to me again, extremely close. I wanted to feel her mouth again. But with my own. I wanted to kiss her, right here. Right now. 

I took my eyes away from hers for a moment and looked at her lips. It'd be perfect right now. But what if I did that, and messed everything up. What if I did that, and she wouldn't even want me around anymore.... 

"Seth...." she whispered. It sounded just as it did earlier when she said my name. I loved it.

She leaned up towards me, her face inching towards me, even on her tiptoes she wasn't near tall enough to reach my shoulder. She chuckled and tugged on my shirt. 

"Seth." She said, more sternly this time. My mind was too focused on her though. On kissing her. 

I wanted so badly to do so. There have been countless nights where I thought about kissing her, countless times where I've wanted to act on that thought and actually do it. But the fear of losing her, or even our friendship, was too powerful. I wanted to just say hell with it and enjoy it. But Jamie deserved better than that. She would need a perfect kiss. Something passionate. Something strong, and I don't know ... She needed something better than me. I wasn't perfect.

"Seth." She said louder. I focused back on her, and noticed she still had a grip on my shirt, her forhead resting against my chest. She looked back up at me and chuckled, then shyly looked back down.

It grew quiet once more, but only for a few moments before she looked back up at me, a serious look on her face. "Seth, kiss me."

I looked at her, searching her face for any sign of kidding around, or some sign of being unsure. But there wasn't. Why couldn't I do this? I tried to answer that question and came up with no answer.

No.
I wasn't perfect.

But right now, for once, I could pretend to be.

My hand cupped the side of her face, and my arm wrapped around her waist. Her grip on my shirt tightened, and her other hand rested on my forearm. I leaned down, slowly, taking my time. My heart was slamming in my chest, I'm sure she felt it. I wanted this so badly. I wanted her. I gently grasped her chin and tilted her head back just enough, and with my arm that was around her waist, I pulled her foward towards me. I rested my forehead against hers, and saw her eyes closed. I felt Jamie release her grip on my shirt and wrap both her arms around my neck, softly tugging me forward. 

My own eyes drifted close, and I slowly placed my mouth on hers, feeling her warm lips upon mine, and her sweet breath mix with my own. Her kiss was unbelievably sweet, and very soft. I never thought it'd be like this, feel like this. I felt a shock rush through the both of us, and I knew that we were both lost together. Her hand tangled into my hair, and tugged lightly, urging me on. 

Smiling into the kiss, I gladly did.




© 2011 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
I loved writing this chapter ^.^ Did you like it? Let me know please, favor shall be returned :D <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh. My. Godddd.

Hi, okay, so. I'm in love with this. :D

I just stumbled upon one of these recent chapters, looking for some inspiration or something, and I read this whoooole book, and I fuh-reaking love it. ♥

Agh, I keep reading this chapter over and over with the stupidest bigass grin on my face! :D

I love this.
I can't stop saying how much I love this, because I LOVE IT.
n_n

I can NOT WAIT to read more. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh. My. Godddd.

Hi, okay, so. I'm in love with this. :D

I just stumbled upon one of these recent chapters, looking for some inspiration or something, and I read this whoooole book, and I fuh-reaking love it. ♥

Agh, I keep reading this chapter over and over with the stupidest bigass grin on my face! :D

I love this.
I can't stop saying how much I love this, because I LOVE IT.
n_n

I can NOT WAIT to read more. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing