Not Thinking Of You..

Not Thinking Of You..

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde
"

Chapter 10

"

(Jamie's P.O.V.)

"Hello?"

"Jamie James, what are you doing, my dear?" Lauren asked on the phone with a rather cheery voice.

It's 8:36 P.M., a friday night in the late autumn, and I'm currently spending it at home alone, sitting at my desk and looking at a chinese food menu online.
"Trying to find something to eat," I mumbled. I wasn't really in the mood to talk, I never was since Seth practically tried to fly away from me from Ruby's two weeks ago.. Wait, why am I thinking of him again?

Ugh.

I stared intently at the lemon chicken meal on the screen, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"Well, hun, why don't you stop doing that until you get over here and stay the weekend since your parents are both in Denver? We can order the food, pick it up, rent some movies... What do you say, hmm?" She asked me.

Oh, so tempting!
Not really..

"I don't know Laure-" I was in the middle of declining her offer when the doorbell rang.

I sighed, obviously not wanting to get up from my comfortable spot. Bringing my laptop to my lap, I relaxed further into my chair, making a loud 'creak' noise. Ignoring the second bell ring, I crossed my legs ontop of my desk.

"Okay, I heard your chair, get your lazy a*s up and answer the damn door.. I need to tell you something really important about Kragen.." Lauren growled into the phone before I heard the line go dead. I looked at my cell phone for a minute before snapping it shut and then put my laptop back on my desk as I got up and headed downstairs.

The only light on in my house was the bright lamp in my room, which only lit up to the first couple steps of the staircase, and made it as dark as a moonless night throughout the rest of the house. I stumbled my way down the stairs and to the front door, where the knocking began.

"Okay, I'm here, I'm here," I growled at Lauren... and Oli, who I just now realized was standing behind her as I opened the door a little wider. "Well, if you two are here, that must mean the jerkoff is near by," I laughed at my own joke as I scanned the front yard for any sign of Kragen, noticing Oli and Lauren both exchanging glances.

I stopped laughing and asked, "What?"

When they didn't answer, I asked a second time, becoming more panicked. What the hell happend to Kragen?!

"Guys!" I yelled at them as they both just stared at me silently, my heartbeat increasing by the second.... this all happening as I felt someones arm snake around my waist and someones voice at my ear.

"Well, I'm right here baby J.," Kragen said as I jumped and screamed.

"Kragen, how the hell did you get in here?!" I turned to him, beyond mad right now, mainly because I had just gotten so scared and jumped out of my skin in front of my friends. The three of them were now laughing as I stood and tried to get my heart rate down.

"Oh... oh my.. Oh, my god, Jamie that was-" Oli started to say, but couldn't finish because he was laughing so hard and near tears.

"Hilarious!" Lauren finished for him, holding her sides.

I stood where I was and glared at them all. I looked behind me into the dark house and from the moonlight, saw Kragen rolling on the wooden floors laughing.

"God, I hate you guys," I said and turned into the house to go to my room and heard their laughter die out.

"Jamie! We were just kidding!" Oli called up to me as I reached the very top of the wide staircase.

"Yeah, don't you forgive us?" Kragen said, I noticed he had gotten up off the floor and was now standing on the last stair at the bottom, giving me his best "lost-puppy" look.

... I hate it when he does that....

I slowly felt my heart go back to it's normal pace and the goosebumps on my pale skin go away.

"Ugh... Yeah I guess I do... But someone is paying for my food." I stated as I walked into my room and heard the front door closing, followed by the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs all at once.

"Alrighty, I call the spot between the girlies!" Kragen yelled as he jumped onto the center of my bed, folded his arms behind my bed, and wiggled his eyebrows at me and Lauren, who was now standing next to me.

Oli took his jacket off and sat in my desk chair while chuckling as me and Lauren rolled our eyes at Kragen.



© 2009 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
Thoughts?

-Mickey

P.S. t hanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my, this made me laugh. I like it a bunch...keep developing please. I want to see where this is going.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 30, 2009


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing