Not Complaining.

Not Complaining.

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde

"Where are we going?" I asked her. 

It seemed like we had been driving for miles. After we had left the school, it remained pretty quiet. No music was playing, neither one of us was speaking, it was just dead silence. I wanted to ask Jamie what he had said to her, thinking that maybe Mark had told her that he beats me. I prayed that he didn't. I didn't need all of this to be exposed, she didn't need to be apart of it. 

"My house." Jamie replied. I glanced at her, wondering what was going through her mind. I noticed that she had kept checking her mirrors to make sure no one was following us. 

Did she know? 

I wanted to ask. I needed to ask.. 

But I couldn't. What if she didn't know, yet I ask, and then.. well.. she knows? No. I couldn't do that. If she knew, she'd say something. I'll let her come to me and tell me, if anything. 

I was enjoying the scenary here. No cars, no buildings, no nothing. Just green everywhere, no one in sight. After a little bit more driving, a big house came into view. It didn't surprise me that she lived in such a big place, as she is a Luthor, but either way, it was a pretty nice place. A lot of land, a huge driveway, a big house and more than enough cars. I couldn't imagine what the inside would look like. 

"No one's home," she said, and I glanced over at her. Something flashed in her eyes, as if she was hurt or in pain or something. "at least I don't think." Her voice sounded as if she were tired, or drained. I was starting to get worried. I was fixing to ask her if something was going on, but I had realized we were already parked, and she was grabbing her bookbag and getting out the car. 

I followed her to the door, and waited for her to unlock it. 

Inside, it seemed bigger than looking at the house from the outside. I stood there, in the doorway, and just looked around. 

Jamie chuckled and asked, "Big house, huh?" 

I nodded and walked in. God, what would I give to live here? I smiled as I imagined it. My mom would love it here. She was into the classy looking homes.

I sighed and glanced at Jamie, who had walked to a door across the room. I watched as she slowly opened it, looked around in there, and then turned towards me and motioned for me to follow her. She led the way up a set of curved stairs, and then again so that we were at the very top level. She walked to the room at the very end of the hall and opened the door. I followed her inside and looked around. 

This was her room. One glance at it and you'd know. Her room was exactly what it was, her. The walls all had paintings and drawings, posters of bands, pictures of her and friends. Everything looked artistic, and quite colorful.It was very fitting for her, it described her. 

"Welcome to my room. Kinda dull, I guess." Jamie said as she walked over to her bed and sat down. I took my time walking around her room, looking at all the things on the wall. There were pictures of her and Lauren, her, Oli, and Kragen. A couple people I didn't recognize, but I did notice there were a lot of pictures of her and some other guy. I felt some jealousy there, which actually surprised me. They seemed close, every picture I saw of them she was smiling, a smile that seemed so natural and so happy. I wanted to make her smile like that. 

So I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. "Who's that?" I asked, pointing to a picture of them both. I smiled towards her, hoping she wouldn't notice any kind of jealousy. 

I saw some sign of discomfort flash across her face, and a hint of pain, hurt even. I quickly backed off, even though it made me even more curious. 

"You have a sick room. It's really cool." I said, turning back to the wall. I looked at all the band posters, mostly 90's grunge bands. 

"Seth?" she called for me from the bed. I looked back at her. She was still sitting there, on the edge of the bed swinging her legs back and forth. 

I walked over to her and sat down, looking down at my hands. I loved the feeling I get everytime I'm near her. 

I was a little surprised when she laid her head on my shoulder and wrapped her little arm around mine. 

But,of course, I wasn't complaining.




© 2011 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
ooooooo o.o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing