Another Moment of Silence.

Another Moment of Silence.

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde

(Jamie's P.O.V.)

Things were... very strange. The air was so tense, and questions hung between us on the way back to my place. I wanted so badly to ask him what was going on, to ask him if we were okay, to ask him if he was okay. But, right now, I don't think it was the right time. Maybe he should just come to me when he's ready.

But what if he never talks about it?

 I shook my head and turned my focus back to the road. The storm had came, and was getting worse by the second.

I glanced towards Seth, and I honestly felt kinda worried. He hadn't spoken at all, even when I suggested that we go back to my house before the rain came. He never looked at me in the eye, he was just absolutely emotionless to everything. He was looking out the window, and I'm sure he wasn't really looking at anything.

 I felt so worried, so scared for him. I didn't know what was going on and I hated it so much. I didn't know what to say or what to do for him to make him feel better. Was there anything to even make him feel better? ...

 I sighed, and turned into our drive way, slowly driving  towards the loft my dad had began to build a couple years ago. Of coure, gaining a new secretary, he stopped work on it.

It was a very small, two story place. The bottom half was a garage, and the top floor was made to seem like a guys' hang out... Nothing but a couch and a tv.

I would have to clear out a few things from the garage there, nthing but junk and random boxes were in there. Maybe Kragen and Oli could come help tomorrow...

 I made a mental note to make sure to bring Seth stuff he needed; a few extra clothes, blankets, and maybe something to eat for tonight.

I felt as though this were a good place for him. No one knew he would be here, and plus, no one ever comes to the loft. It was quiet, and it felt comfortable. I think Seth would like it.

 "So, you can stay here. There's a pullout sofa upstairs, and a tv. It's not much inside, but it's something." I parked the car as close to the loft as I could, and shut it off.

 I quickly looked at Seth, to see he had actually moved and was now looking at the loft. His eyes seemed empty, and his mouth was almost in a frown.

"Thanks. You didn't have to." He said, so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

After that, it went back to being quiet. I got out of the car and ran to the door, searching for the key that I knew was hidden beneath one of rocks near the side of the door. I heard Seth slowly making his way towards me, not caring if he got soaked from the rain. It made me sad to see him like this. Heartbroken almost.

After searching for a few minutes, and getting soaked as well, I found the key and quickly opened the door. The smell of sawdust hit me instantly, and I stepped inside to see a lot of things covered in dust.

It was rather dark inside, and so many boxes were piled ontop of each other, what were in them I had no idea.

"Sorry for the mess, my dad started building this place a few years ago and stopped." I said, turning towards Seth and watched as he had to bend down a little bit to get through the doorframe. I wanted to smile, knowing how wacky my dad's measurments were.  I turned back towards the space hiding my smile as Seth closed the door behind him.

I lead him upstairs, and awkwardly looked around. Things were well placed, and surprisingly cleaner than everything downstairs. I noticed there were a few lamps in the corners, and went over and turned them on.

I turned back to Seth, who was now ,and for the first time in two hours, looking at me.

I stared right back at him, and felt so much space between us. I wondered if he felt it too..

I thought he would say something to me, maybe come closer, hold me.

I felt dissapointed when nothing happened, and he looked away.

I glanced to the floor.and tried to not be hurt over it.

"Seth...." I called to him, trying to build up courage to go over to him.

He looked up to me again, and I felt lost, and for some reason I felt defeated. "Um.. I'll.. Ill go get towels."  I said, and went straight to the door.




© 2011 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
Like it? :D Let me know please. I updated twice today, Go read 31 now!! :D

Facebook.com/MickeyHyde

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing