[untitled]

[untitled]

A Chapter by Mickey Hyde

 It was an hour later when they pulled into a parking lot at a fast food place.

"Ruby's Burgers? An hour drive for this?" Seth asked Jamie as they both stepped out of the car and made their way to the door.

"Yes for this place! This place has the best food I have ever tasted in my life." She said as she went to reach for the door, but Seth beat her to it and held it open for her.

"Thanks," he nodded.

Following her to a table all the way in the back, Seth tried to remember the last time he felt so calm and relaxed.
Then he realized it was when his mother was still alive..

'That long ago?' he thought to himself as he slid into the booth Jamie was at.

His bithday ....his mother.... flashbacks and old memories ran through his mind before he had a chance to stop them. One memory stood out, a memory that he never thought about. It was the night before his mother comitted suicide.


Flashback

Seth's P.O.V.

11:48 p.m.

Tomorrow will be my fourteenth birthday.. Only two more years until I can really drive. How awesome!
Tony and the guys already know how to drive and all, but I'm still lear-

"Seth?" I hear my mom call from the other side of my closed door. I left my homework and went to answer it.

"Hey, mom. What are you doing up?" I asked her as I opened the door wider for her to come in, then closed it when she did.

"Oh, I just wanted to check on you. I saw that your light was on so I thought it wouldn't be any probl-"

"Mom, it's never a problem." I smiled at her as I went and sat down at my desk again and my mom took a seat on my bed.

I noticed she started shaking a little bit.

"Mom? Mom, are you okay?" I got up and sat right next to her, and she collapsed onto my chest and began sobbing. I wrapped my arms around her to comfort her, knowing that she was depressed and probably thinking about Uncle Joe and the kids again. They were extremely close, especially since their parents left them at a young age.

"Oh Seth." my mother whispered to me and I pulled her closer, only to have her pull back to wipe her tears away and get herself together... I know that she hates crying in front of people. When she was done, she turned towards me and framed my face with her hands.
She smiled and said, "Stop growing."

I chuckled as she let me go and stood up to leave, but I grabbed her arm and stood aswell.

When she turned to face me, I hugged her and said, "I love you mom."

She stood on tiptoe to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you too Seth. Forever, even after I die." I let her out of my embrace, and watched as she left my room that night.

I went back to doing my homework.

End of flashback


The last time I thought of that was at least a year ago.... I've become a pro at blocking the memories of my mother, only because it was too painful to remember, and that fourteen year old boy inside of me came out and longed for my mother to hold me one last time..

"Seth?"

I quickly looked up, forgetting that I was here, with Jamie.

"Sorry." I said and looked at the menu that was now in front of me on the table. When did this get here?

"I've been calling you for the past two minutes." She tried to smile, but I saw the concern in her eyes. It reminded me of my mom.....

"Yeah, I was just... Um, zoning out I guess.." I said and picked the menu up, thinking we were done talking for now... Hoping we were done talking for now.. But then she asked one more thing.

"Are you okay?" The exact thing I had asked my mother.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't stand this anymore.. Being with Jamie was bringing back feelings and emotions and memories that I've worked so hard to forget.

Doing what always seems easiest, yet the hardest, I simply got up.

And I walked away.
 



© 2009 Mickey Hyde


Author's Note

Mickey Hyde
Please let me know what you are thinking! Whether it's good or bad ;) Also, there might be a few grammar problems, but I'm going through every chapter and fixing them!!

-Mickey Hyde

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on September 30, 2009


Author

Mickey Hyde
Mickey Hyde

About
Hello there .-. I'm Mickey Hyde. The most freakiest, most random, most awesome girl you'll ever meet :D Interests: Writing, music, directing Music: Nirvana (Huge fan, R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. Grunge .. more..

Writing