Ch2 - The Wind

Ch2 - The Wind

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160

Song : Alec Benjamin - Must Have Been The Wind [Official Lyric Video] 

I'm gonna hate doing this but like, until Bendy actually learns more about Mid, they're gonna be spoken about as a girl. This is mostly from Bendy's POV and Mid is a very fem person just as I am irl. Meaning I have to use she/her pronouns ToT 

Some months go by, Bendy keeps his word, calling his family every morning plus a few times at nighttime before bed. His apartment is decently quiet, giving him thinking space to work on getting a life plan together. He's bought a laptop using Sammy's money and eats where he remembers. His new form seems slightly more fragile than his last, so he tries to adjust, sleeping and eating at times he rarely did. Doing what Sammy suggested on a call, exercising. 

Then, the day comes, as he laid down to rest some after a busy afternoon, he hears it. A crash. At first it startles him, however he lays back to rest more without a second thought. Until he hears something else.

B- That- that can't be right- Is someone- crying? Should I check it out? It's right upstairs, isn't it? Sits up to contemplate But if something is actually going on, shouldn't someone check on it? Stands up and heads to the elevator And if everything is okay. .. 

Bendy walks along the hallway after exiting the elevator, he counts the doors and hopes that he's just overthinking. Afterall, it could just have been something like, a family piece perhaps? 
He takes a deep breath before gently knocking on the door. When the door opens, he notices a young girl open the door, she's wearing a short dress with a sweater jacket over it, zipped all the way up.

B- Uh- hey um. . Is everything alright? Just that I heard something crash and then heard someone crying. .

M- Oh- oh yeah- everything's alright. Your ears must be playing tricks on you- thanks though, for caring y'know? I gotta go back in now. Gives a small and nervous smile before closing the door

B- Stands for a minute trying to process everything before returning to his own apartment

Bendy lays on the floor, his arm covering his eyes. He continues to contemplate the scene he heard versus the scene the young girl attempted to play out. He could tell by her voice that there was some form of pain. The smile she gave, the caution she showed. It was as though she were trying to avoid getting into trouble with someone, but who? Or was she afraid of him? 

B- No. Son of b***h. Something's gotta be going on. What's going on? Or- am I just overthinking? Maybe that kiddo's always like that. .. laughs nervously I still can't shake it though; I feel like something's gotta be happening. Like- that poor girl is in a bad situation. 

Bendy sighs deeply. He tries to work on finding a decent job to get some extra money in case the money from Sammy runs out. However, even the following night, Bendy's nerves are high, he tries to rest despite the scene replaying in his mind. The only way he could rest was to decide he would go check on her again after breakfast. If she's still there..

B- On the phone Alice, what would you do if you felt someone in a bad situation was afraid to mention the situation? 

A- Uh- Probably try to check on them when I can? Not be too specific but just a usual asking how they're feeling? Offering them over? I dunno. Why do you ask? Is something going on over there? 

B- More or less. I don't have all the facts on hand, but I feel something's wrong with my upstairs neighbor. Like, like, like she's in pain. She told me she was okay though and I was maybe hearing things. I'm gonna go again today and see maybe I was just too tired to process what happened. 

A- Okay, careful though. If she isn't in harm's way, she might report you. 

B- Yeah, yeah. . I considered that. But I'd rather be kicked out than this kid being in pain, and no one knows. 

A- Fair point, well, good luck. Let me know tomorrow, okay? 

B- Okay, love you Sis, tell Boris I love him too for me. 

A- Okay okay. Bye bye! Hangs up

B- Looks at his phone a bit, pondering. No, they're definitely fine and it's all just my imagination. 

Bendy finishes his breakfast and goes to the elevator, he continues questioning his 6th sense as he watches the doors slowly close. He looks at the number going up at the beep. Silently, Bendy hopes that it was all just a dream. That he was just tired. That maybe, everything was okay. 
As Bendy walked down the hallway, he counted the doors once more. Each door seemed different than the previous day, and yet they looked exactly the same. Especially the door he stopped at. And just as before, he knocked gently. When it opened, he saw a similar sight, the nervous young girl, same outfit as before looking up at him. 

M- Oh, it's- it's you, you're the guy from yesterday. Everything okay?

B- That's what I'd like to know. I just, the thing is I can't seem to get myself to believe everything is actually okay. That you're okay. 

M- I swear to it, everything is fine. But again, thank you. It's very sweet that you're concerned. But, I promise, you must have just heard the wind. Closes the door

B- I don't think I did though. But how do I help you trust me? Seeing you now, something is wrong. You look so. .. so..

Bendy sighs and goes back to his apartment. Now, he was certain. There was something going on that scared the young girl away from telling him. 
When he got to his laptop, he looked around YouTube for a bit, possibly for something to listen to, as he decided to relax a minute before addressing the situation and how he could work with it to help her. He then sees a song, 'Lean on me'. 
As he listens through the song, Bendy quickly realizes what he can do. He runs out quickly to the store, hoping this new investment works in his favor.
   The next day, Bendy sets up his laptop with a new small speaker. He listens carefully. Soon, he hears the voice he wished he heard before.

Ma- I'm going out. Do yourself a favor and don't f**k anything up this time, you got it? 

M- Y-yeah, understood. 

A door slams shut, Bendy can hear the walking in the hallway. He waits a couple minutes longer to be sure this new voice has left her. Then, he follows through with his plan. 
He turns on the speaker and makes sure it can be heard by her. He hopes she'll understand what he's trying to get through to her.
When the song ends, Bendy crosses his fingers and waits. Minutes pass and he loses hope, until he hears it.

B- Rushes to the door and opens it in anticipation It- actually..

M- That song was my childhood, who'd've guessed? Gives a sorrowful smile

B- Do- do you wanna come in and talk? We don't have to talk about- well- y'know- but still just, to hang out? My door is always unlocked for you. 

M- Yes please- um- m- my name's Midnight by the way. Um- I hate saying it so I hope you know these colors. Holds out a bracelet, striped, yellow, white, purple, and black 

B- I've seen it on a badge in an ad before- wait- this kiddo ain't a she huh? Laughs to himself and pats Midnight on the head Come on in kid, I'll make us some tea. 

M- Thanks, thanks for- thanks for caring sir..

B- Call me Bendy, feel free to drop in whenever you're home alone. I'll give you a schedule, just, just so you know when I'm home. 

M- Nods and smiles, no longer shy and nervous 

B- They'll be okay, for a while maybe. Maybe. Maybe soon they'll be willing to talk. 

Midnight continues to drop in every few days for the next few weeks, and at times they were even able to stay overnight as their roommate would be gone longer. Those times, Alice and Boris were able to meet and talk to Midnight over the phone when Bendy had his morning calls. Midnight no longer acted nervous, though a few times Bendy had to go get them from their apartment room, sneaking past their roommate. He watched happily as Midnight slowly got more comfortable around him, hoping they would eventually start talking about the issues he was certain of. 
He swore he would always be there for them. 


© 2023 Feminine_Sir160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on March 17, 2023
Last Updated on March 17, 2023


Author

Feminine_Sir160
Feminine_Sir160

NM



About
Greetings there, my name is Midnight Sarrow, they/it, and I'll be your writer this evening. Do you care for some comedy? Slice of life? Fake romance perhaps? There are other genres on the menu of c.. more..

Writing
Ch0 Ch0

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160