Ch7 - Cradles

Ch7 - Cradles

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160

Song : Cradles

This, to say it will be satisfying to write is an understatement. Mavrick gets to die and I don't have to suffer his dialog. This is also the second to last base chapter so that's neat :D
On with the show I suppose!

Weeks pass by, as Bendy works on finishing his list and befriending Mavrick, he decided it was time to bring Midnight through the forest. A nice pond area to sit and chat as it had many large rocks. Throughout the weeks of work and fake befriending, Bendy had been planning a small picnic with Midnight as a form of informal date. Something new for the both of them. Something freeing. 

B- You coming? You know there's plenty of scenery where we're going right? What am I scolding them for? They haven't left the studio in weeks. Let them explore damn it! 

M- Yeah, I'm coming. I don't have long legs like you here give me a break Laughs a bit If I did, I'd be ahead of you and probably get lost!

B- True true. How about then, Hands the basket to Midnight, goes behind them and picks them up you carry the food, I carry you. Then you can keep up and no one gets lost. Continues to the picnic area And I get to carry you more. And hold you. And be closer to you. And I really don't want to put you down. Please don't let me put you down.. 

M- Yeah, this is preferable actually. 

B- Okay don't be saying that either! 

As they continue through the forest, Bendy imagines being the one to carry Midnight away from danger as though he were their prince charming. He knew though that he couldn't share these thoughts with Midnight, not only because he hasn't confessed to them but because he knew they weren't into many tropes like that. So, under his own peer pressure, Bendy kept his mouth shut and continued to carry Midnight in silence with his fantasies. 

B- I swear, even though my age, whatever it may be, I act like a teenage boy with them. Fantasizing, teasing, having to stop myself getting flustered when they talk like that. What's wrong with me?

M- Hey, you good? You're kinda zoning out slightly. Watch where you're going, okay? You almost hit your head several times. 

B- Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm alright, just thinking. Don't worry much about it. We're almost there. 

M- Where is there anyway? You just barged in with a picnic basket and asked if I wanted to get out of the studio awhile. Mumbling Alice knew what was going on but she didn't tell me..

B- I know she knew, I told her and I told her it was a surprise for you. Actually, I told her I might be liking you but I didn't wanna outright ask you out so she made me practice that line for two hours... 

M- I'm starting to see an opening in the forest. 

B- Good, means we're arriving. Do you wanna walk the rest of the way?

M- No thanks.

B- Heh- fine by me kiddo. Perfectly fine by me my dear. slows down a bit as the opening approaches Let's not put you down too fast here.

M- I think we're getting closer! The opening is looking bigger and- wait- that's a-

B- Steps into the large opening in the forest Yes, yes it is. 

M- In awe How- how do you find these places?? And how have I not seen this before?

B- Have you been in this forest before? 

M- Yeah, I used to come sometimes for a break from life. There's this old fountain that works sometimes, it might not be far from here actually. After the picnic, do you wanna see it? 

B- Yeah sure, but first let's eat. I'm sure you're hungry after that trekking. Gently sets Midnight down

M- You literally did most of it laughs and facepalms 

B- Only like a third of it leans over Midnight and smirks flirtatiously 

M- Blushes brightly I- well-

B- Laughs a bit and backs off too much I suppose, but them blushing like that is adorable

The picnic continued without issue. Midnight described more of the fountain, how they found it, when, and why they were in the forest to begin with. Bendy listened attentively, every word Midnight spoke hooked him further and further. He silently begged them for more than just to hang out. 
He soon realized just how much he genuinely wanted to take them. 

As some time passed, the two began their new trek to the fountain. The closer they got however, the more Bendy felt something was off.

B- The past weeks have been quiet. Work goes out without a hitch. Death himself wouldn't lie or joke about punishing me. Today is going way to well. So, what's the catch? 

M- We're almost there, I think I see some of the trees. 

B- How the hell do you know the trees near the fountain versus the- oh. See the scrapped-up trees with dried blood on them 

M- I'm a bit destructive sometimes.. That's how.. 

B- Well then- I- I suppose we all have that side to us don't we?

M- Sighs heavily Oh thank goodness I was afraid you were gonna ditch me- I- er- 

B- You need better boyfriends. 

M- Point blank! 

As the two grow closer to the fountain, Bendy's anxiety grows as well. Explaining to Midnight his anxiety would mean explaining to them his job. And having anxiety around them, Bendy didn't want to make them think they're the reason he's nervous. At Midnight's call however, Bendy saw why he had become so anxious. 

Ma- Mid? B***h what the f**k you doin' hangin' with my buddy there? 

M- Wh- Buddy?

B- Who are you calling your buddy? 

Ma- Bro, ya don't gotta fake this s**t for that girl. She don't deserve your compassion. Trust me man, monster girl. 

B- Shoves Midnight behind him Monster? Say that to my face.. This kid isn't a monster! They're anything but. 

Ma- Right, the only monster here is- is.. trails off and holds his hand to his head is.. 

B- I think this is the catch. 

M- Hey, did- did you really buddy up with him? You know he's- he's

B- I'll tell you why soon, okay? Promise. Just get to safety. Okay? 

M- Looks towards Mavrick and suddenly screams What the f**k is happening to him!?

When Bendy looked up at Mavrick, he saw it, the catch. Mavrick would have to die regardless of any plan Bendy had. Sooner than Bendy wanted. Slowly, with shrieks of pain, Mavrick turned into a beast. A beast hungry for Bendy's soul. And the soul crossed off the list early. Bendy realized right away, he had to protect Midnight. He felt he had to protect them more than himself. Even if that meant showing to Midnight his work. His job. 
By Death's work, the creature Mavrick turned into spawned in a fire. The sky grew darker, the fire grew brighter. Ash flew around them. There was near no place to run. 

B- Well, I suppose it really is now or never. Pushes Midnight further back and spawns in his halo, scythe, and wings I'm sorry I never told you sooner. And now you're in more danger than if I hadn't waited. But now isn't the time for that! Not the f*****g time! Now is the time I- sees Midnight, sitting on the ground, staring wide eyed at him Now's when I might lose you. And it won't be because you die.

Ma- Screams in distorted insults Y҉ O҉U҉ J҉A҉ C҉K҉A҉ S҉S҉! Y҉O҉U҉ D҉ I҉D҉  T҉H҉ I҉S҉ T҉O҉ M҉ E҉! Y҉O҉U҉ D҉I҉ D҉ T҉H҉I҉S҉ T҉O҉--- A҉A҉A҉G҉H҉!!! 

B- ENOUGH OF THIS! Flies off the ground and towards the beast with his scythe in hand YOU WILL NOT RUIN ME AND YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH THEM! 

Ma- Screeches and swats Bendy to the ground through a dead tree, tearing Bendy's wing

B- Winces in pain and watches as the ink and blood pour out from the tear before getting back up to fight again

Ma- Scrapes across Bendy's face, miraculously only hitting one of his eyes

B- Stumbles down for a bit before yelling out to Mavrick Y'KNOW I DIDN'T WANNA KILL YOU THIS WAY! BUT IF THIS IS HOW I GET THE JOB DONE SO F*****G BE IT! COME AT ME YOU COWARD! COME AT ME AND FIGHT ALREADY! 

Ma- Swats at Bendy and throws him into a rock 

B- I can't keep this up.. I. .. I'm sorry my dear. You may have to survive without me.. I can't keep on.. I-

M- Runs in at the beast screaming with a sharp piece of scrap metal twice their size ENOUGH OF THIS! I KNEW IT! YOU WERE ALWAYS A MONSTER INSIDE AND OUT! ALWAYS!!! Slashes at the beast and cuts its back legs causing it to fall

Ma- Screeches in pain and slashes towards Midnight whilst falling and barely misses the hit 

B- No! No what are you doing? Why? You need to- wait- he's down. Get up! Get up you idiot Midnight needs you!! Lifts himself up using his scythe and slashes at the beast's throat 

Ma- Screeches and collapses after slashing at Bendy's face 

B- You brought this on yourself Mavrick.. Though, I suppose I was no help at all. Looks at Midnight who's now trembling with fear in their eyes and still has the metal Don't- don't look at me like that.. I can't stand it... I- turns and runs away from Midnight I CAN'T STAND THE THOUGHT OF YOU HATING ME! FEARING ME! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!! 

As Bendy ran, he heard the faint sound of Midnight calling his name. However, he couldn't bring himself to stop or turn around. He only yelled back at Midnight to go home and leave him. 

Bendy refused to return home even after weeks went by, now, he almost hoped that Midnight's memory would alter. That maybe he could start over, or never meet them again. 
When Bendy finally returned to his apartment, it was to pack up. He decided to move out and go back to the studio. He determined there was no better life without risks, a risk he couldn't put upon his family. 


© 2023 Feminine_Sir160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on March 17, 2023
Last Updated on March 17, 2023


Author

Feminine_Sir160
Feminine_Sir160

NM



About
Greetings there, my name is Midnight Sarrow, they/it, and I'll be your writer this evening. Do you care for some comedy? Slice of life? Fake romance perhaps? There are other genres on the menu of c.. more..

Writing
Ch0 Ch0

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160