ch8 - Tonight

ch8 - Tonight

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160

Song : VAGUE003 - Tonight (Tonight Meme Song)

Ya'll. This- just- Okay first, Midnight's POV time. Second, TW for su*cidal topics. Much like me, Midnight has horrible reactive attachment disorder and ptsd. And Bendy just ran away from them after killing their, well, ex now i suppose. Can imagine what extra trauma that added. Onto the story! Then the main story is complete and i'm so hyped- also ctrl c ctrl v on a single line

Midnight slowly walked up to the roof of the apartment building. Lost in thought, a final note left on their door, and believing he may never return to them, Midnight found themself at the door to the roof. They weren't a thousand percent sure what just happened. Was it a bad dream? 

M- Walking to the railing and quietly talking to themself So then why did you leave? Were you a dream as well? Did I never know you? I need you still.. where did you go? Why did you go? How could you? Was it something I did? Leans at the railing and sighs It's no use now. No use, you're gone. I'm alone. I wish I'd known sooner. There's so much I could've cleared up and helped you with. You have no idea how often I dance with death. 

Midnight stood for a minute. Recalling the weeks prior that led them to where they were now, recalling the fear in losing him. Losing Bendy. They remembered how hard it was to see Bendy losing the battle with Mavrick. They did what they could. They tried to help him. Mavrick was gone. Mavrick died. Midnight couldn't understand why Bendy ran. They figured he'd been hiding something but for him to run away after they saw what he was, Midnight didn't understand. The secret was out now. 

M- breathes in SON OF A F*****G B***H WHERE'D YOU GO?? falls against the railing and starts crying Why'd you leave me behind? After all that? Do you not trust me? Him? Do you not trust him? What is it? What's wrong with me? 

After picking themself up and wiping away tears, Midnight decided to stop stalling. They peered over the railing and took a breath. They tightened their fists on the railing as if trying to talk themself out of this plan. They kneeled down against the railing once more to cry for a minute or two. 
The heartbreak Midnight felt was unlike any other. It was heartbreak for the loss of safety. Real care, real love. Nothing fake, nothing forced. They truly felt wanted with him. Wanted by him. And in a split moment, he was gone. No warning, no thought. 

M- But maybe the lack of thought is why it was so easy for him. He wasn't thinking. But then is he still thinking? What if he isn't even alive right now? What if.. Even if, I just.. I.. Lifts up and cries out into the night I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT! 

With no more thought, no more sound mind, Midnight lifted themself up over the railing and jumped. The wind whistled in their ears as they imagined this must of been how Bendy felt falling from that height. How he felt..

B- NOT THE F**K WITHOUT ME YOU DON'T! 

In a split second, Midnight opened their eyes to see Bendy grabbing at them and pulling himself under to break their fall. His wings outward, the slash from the tree from weeks ago shown clearly even in the dark, clearly enough for Midnight to mentally wake up and realize what could be at stake. 

M- Y- YOUR WING WE WON'T MAKE IT YOU CAN'T FLY!! YOU- Y- looks at Bendy to see him smirking

B- I know. 

M- Closes their eyes, bracing themself

As fast as the fall, time still remained to seem slow as Midnight realized that he didn't care if he survived this fall or not. The intention was their survival. As Bendy held Midnight close, Midnight could barely make out a somber whisper in his voice. They couldn't tell what he was saying, why he was saying it. The shouting had subsided and Bendy was completely unfazed. Midnight felt as though the fall was going forever, there was no end. They questioned if perhaps they'd died already. They questioned if maybe they died, and he was there to take them to the reaper. 
Soon it hit them though, he planned it. 

M- Opens their eyes when they feel the impact and hears sirens Y-you..

B- You really thought I'd pull a stunt like this without calling for emergency services first, didn't you? I already had my fall, no way I'd leave you to deal with yours alone. I think.. I think I need you more. tightens his grip around Midnight I think you needed me but I was blind even when you told me straight up. I was blind by my work. By protecting you from it. 

M- Lifts up suddenly and starts crying and weakly hitting at Bendy Why's you leave? Why'd you do that? You meanie! Meanie meanie meanie!! 

B- Pats Midnight on the head gently Yeah yeah kiddo just let it out. It was a stupid move on my part. Let it out. 

M- Slowly stops hitting Bendy and falls to crying into him and starts melting to curling up on his lap Meanie.. Why'd you do that? Meanie... 

B- Hugs Midnight into a protective hold I'm never doing that again. 

M- Laughs a bit between cries Never doing what? Leaving me behind randomly or jumping after me from a building?

B- Pauses Well I'd Hope I Don't have To Do Either Of Those Things! Hugs Midnight a bit tighter 

After Bendy let go of Midnight, the two went up to the ambulance for a final check which confirmed neither were badly hurt. 
Midnight hardly spoke to anyone aside from Bendy and in attempt to stay from the psych ward, swore on their life that they'd talk to a therapist more often. In attempt to help them, Bendy swore he'd drag them by a rope if the situation required it. 
After some convincing, Bendy was allowed to bring Midnight to his apartment where they wouldn't be alone and could be monitored regardless. 

M- Flops onto Bendy's bed dramatically Let's just agree to never do that again. I hate dealing with doctors I swear it. 

B- Agreed. Don't make me have to jump after you off a building again. 

M- How'd you know I was there?

B- I- I went to go see you. I wasn't sure if your memory was corrupt or not. I couldn't go without knowing. I don't know. I almost hoped it'd altered so you didn't have to- 

M- I didn't. I didn't have to be the one to end his life. Jokingly I preferred the break. 

B- Heh. I'm sure ya did kiddo. There's a lot more where that comes from though..

M- So who's on the list other than me and Mavrick?

B- Well- wait.. how'd you...?

M- I've danced with death more that you could ever imagine. I'm.. careless to say the least. To say the most? I'm not getting into it. But I know the reaper must've felt cheated somewhere along the way. 

B- Alright then. Though, I crossed you name out. Well, by crossed I mean I damn near tore the paper in half. 

M- Sits up and pats the space next to them Yeah yeah, just tell me the list. There's probably a chance somewhere I know and hopefully hate some of these people. 

B- Sits next to them Alternatively, how about I go see the reaper this weekend and get you a job with him? 

M- What? What kind of job? You already have the reap cheater souls job what could I do? 

B- Don't know yet. That's why I wanna go see him. I want to see if there are any for you to take. 

M- If you can find any that won't mimic my life without it then go off I guess. laughs How did I get wrapped up in this? You have the scariest job I could imagine to have, you're basically a hitman for death himself. And now, now I have a chance of becoming who knows what for him. We really fit together sometimes. 

B- Fit together? I.. 

M- I know where your mind went there kisses Bendy's cheek Slowly now. We're still recovering from falling off a building after having killed a monster. Let's just enjoy each other's company and safety. 

B- But can I say it anyway? 

M- Go for it. 

B- I've fallen for you.. long before I fell literally. laughs weakly 

M- Jokingly pushes him to the side a bit You can't even confess without a joke to save your awkward a*s oh my goodness I swear 

B- Heh yeah that was pretty lame huh? 

M- Maybe a bit cheesy.

B- Can I have another good luck charm for the weekend?



© 2023 Feminine_Sir160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on March 17, 2023
Last Updated on March 17, 2023


Author

Feminine_Sir160
Feminine_Sir160

NM



About
Greetings there, my name is Midnight Sarrow, they/it, and I'll be your writer this evening. Do you care for some comedy? Slice of life? Fake romance perhaps? There are other genres on the menu of c.. more..

Writing
Ch0 Ch0

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160