Ch4 - Need You

Ch4 - Need You

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160

Song : Venemy - Need You Now (feat. Danica) [NCS Release]

This chapter gets to be from Midnight's pov and also may have a lot more narration istg I'm trying not to have that much! Please ignore any spelling and/or grammar errors I'll fix it when I'm not brain dead from writer's fatigue!
Sc = store clerk

Midnight stood off to the corner in the party their boyfriend dragged them out to. They held a not so cold now drink in their hand and watched the lands flash around. It irritated them to see how everything was playing out, although he didn't know that Midnight could see him, they saw as he flirted with many other girls. These girls were skinny, pretty, tall, clearly, they were superior in his eyes. 
The whole situation reminded Midnight of a high school movie. 
Midnight looked down at their body, they weren't too chubby though they had weight on their legs and chest that seemed as though it were carefully placed to be very specifically there. In those spots. With the small imperfections that to Midnight were very noticeable in the tightened dress they had on. 
They squeezed the glass and scowled slightly at the guy who had been so eager to get them out there in the party and yet not even bothering to hang out with them or introduce them to others. Midnight almost considered leaving, and they would've if they hadn't seen another "him". 

M- No, that can't be right. Am I seeing things now? Blinks a few times Please. .. I. . I lost you! This isn't happening. I'm imagining things. This is not happening!! Shakes their head and looks up again, realizing now he's staring them down Didn't I? Didn't. . I. ? looks down in shock and back up to see him walking towards them through the crowd, not breaking eye contact There's no way. 

B- Walks up to them and grins Fancy meeting you here. Puts his hand on Midnight's shoulder Let's get you out of here. Takes their drink and places it down on the nearby table and leads them to a back exit

M- Glances over to where their boyfriend was and sees him going up stairs with one of the girls he was flirting with No way. ..

B- Something wrong? 

M- More or less, let's just go. I want out of here. I should've never come here. Follows behind him, holding his hand tightly and trying not to cry

B- If you never came here though, you'd never learn that I survived. 

M- Sighs Yeah that's true, isn't it? Am I sure I'm not imagining this though? How is he alive? No one should be able to survive a fall like that, human or beast. But he's here now. I need him, I needed him then and need him now. 

B- Let's get you out of that dress, there's a thrift store down the road that's open until late, we'll go there. After we take care of that, I'd like to show you something. Trust me, I'm sure you'll love it. 

M- I'm sure. .. He seems.. different. I can't tell if it's a good or bad difference though. I'm not sure but it almost feels like he's trying to distract me. Could it just be my nerves from the party? Seeing Mavrick flirting and now possibly hooking up with other girls? I don't get it- what's going on. .? 

Bendy and Midnight walk for some time, after a bit, Midnight's feet begin hurting from the heels they were pressured into wearing. They slow down a bit, to their surprise, Bendy lifts them off the ground and carries them the rest of the way to the thrift shop. He walks quickly as if they were going to be late for a big show. As they reach the door of the thrift shop, Midnight sees a sign that tells the hours. They'd gotten there ten minutes before the store closed, feeling bad, Midnight decides not to be too picky with their clothing choice. 

Sc- Welc- Oh- My goodness- aren't you the poor guy that fell off that building roof some weeks ago? How are you doing sir?

B- No time for that, I'll drop by later to answer what I can if you want. We need to get this kiddo out of this hell cursed outfit. What do you have? 

M- It's already been weeks? So much time. .. It feels like yesterday I swear it. Looks down, getting lost in thought

Sc- Here, come with me, I'll show you where the clothing is. Holds out their hand to Midnight 

M- Look up and takes the clerk's hand Y-yeah okay. . Looks back to Bendy and notices him reading on something Is that it? 

A few moments pass by, Bendy stays at the door watching outside and continuously looks down at the time. Midnight looks towards him every now and then, noticing more features than they'd noticed before; how his horns curved, how his tail never seems to stay the same length, his hair had definitely grown out somewhat and he seemed taller than they remembered. It was almost surreal to watch him standing there, antsy, as if the sun rising would cause him to disappear. And it was rising soon. Midnight quickly felt the need to hurry up and choose something, so they picked out a white men's blouse, a couple belts, a dark brown flowy skirt, and a pair of simple boots. They got everything together, changed, then brought their old outfit to Bendy. 

B- Set it on the counter, we'll leave it here to donate. Wait for me outside then, I'll pay for everything. 

M- You don't have to-  ...  Okay. .. Gives the clerk their old outfit and the list of the items in the new one before going to wait outside

B- Pays for everything before heading out and leading Midnight to the nearby beach I swear it's okay, don't worry, alright? 

M- Squeezes Bendy's hand a bit before hugging him Who said I was? I'm not scared at all. 

One by one, the streetlights began going off as the sun started to rise. The club's music was so loud, the pair could still hear it from the beach. Just slightly. Bendy turned to Midnight with a grin and pointed to the sea.

B- Do you see its beauty as the sun rises? Do you see why I wanted to bring you out? 

M- In awe of the sight Yeah, yeah, I see it. 

B- Holds out his hand The music is so loud, care for a dance? Just a quick one perhaps? 

M- Takes his hand Sure, why not. I'm free enough tonight. Or, I guess now it's morning, isn't it? Smiles I'll have an explanation someday, I think, I hope. I just hope I don't ever have to lose him like that again. 

Throughout the early morning, Midnight and Bendy spun around and danced gracefully on the beach. A few songs came on they both could sing to, and in some cases, they had to sing their own just to keep the music going. Midnight could tell, even as relaxed as Bendy tried to seem, he had something on his mind. Something he didn't want to go through with. Even singing along to the music, Midnight could hear how badly he wanted to confess to them of something. Even spinning them around in circles, Midnight knew. They knew he was in pain in some form. They could see it, hear it, feel that something was off. 
As the sun rose higher, the two grew tired and went over to a nearby tree, Midnight sat in the branches while Bendy leaned against the trunk. They watched the sun grow brighter and higher. The sea grew clearer, they continued to sing to each other every now and then. 

M- Hey, um. ..

B- I know what you want to ask, I'm just not ready to answer yet. I want to ensure your safety this time. 

M- I wonder how long that'll last. If you don't wish to answer right now, I'll ask another time. Another time soon perhaps, I don't want him to feel as though I don't trust him. I do, just, I'm so worried that he may be playing games he doesn't know the rules to. My dear, my best friend, please, please be careful. I fear you're playing with a fire that will devour you some day. And what then? 

B- Hey, can. .. Can I do something? Mid come down here. I know you might think I need a luck charm so I'll just take one. 

M- Hops down and faces towards Bendy A luck charm, huh? What do you consider a- 

B- Grabs hold of Midnight's shoulder and kisses them as the sun's glow goes down 

M- Yeah, luck charm, good luck buddy 



© 2023 Feminine_Sir160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on March 17, 2023
Last Updated on March 17, 2023


Author

Feminine_Sir160
Feminine_Sir160

NM



About
Greetings there, my name is Midnight Sarrow, they/it, and I'll be your writer this evening. Do you care for some comedy? Slice of life? Fake romance perhaps? There are other genres on the menu of c.. more..

Writing
Ch0 Ch0

A Chapter by Feminine_Sir160