chapter 1:The second rising

chapter 1:The second rising

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Here lies the beginning and the end of the story.This will prove to be a greater threat than ever before.Will anyone survive this onslaught?

"
Michael raced through the crowd of screaming people to see what had happened."What the hell is going on?!"
A man running past,bumped in to Michael."The end!"
"What?!" Michael heard strange noise from above him.He looked up and saw exactly what it was.It was a giant ball of fire hurtling straight for the city."Oh s**t."
THREE MONTHS EARLIER...
Michael was at a newly discovered archaeological site.Within the world being reborn,some of mankind's history was preserved within the earth itself.He wandered over to an area covered with a handful of people,one of them being a  friend of Michael's.Her name was Janice.
"Hey Michael."She spoke softly as she sifted through some loose dirt.She was like a super model just not anorexic.
"Hey Janice."Michael hopped down into the small dip in the ground."How's things going?"
"Good.We have uncovered more of what we found days ago.The more objects we find seem to lead us further within the hill just above us."
"How interesting."
"It might not be to you but this is ground breaking stuff."
Michael picked up a small Dedustilizer.It was a special tool that looked and handled like a dust buster.He flicked it on and blew away more and more dirt until he revealed the surface of something flat."Janice."
Janice walked over to him and saw the flat surface of whatever it was."This could be interesting."She took the Dedustilizer and began to blast away more dirt to get to the object.Once the dirt was finally gone it was found to be a handle of sorts.It looked like the handle of a shovel or a spade.
Michael smiled."Do I dare?"
"This thing could be thousands of years old."
"I know.But doesn't the thought of pulling on it make you want to just rip it out of its place."
"Not really."
"Too bad."Michael grabbed hold of it then pulled it out.It suddenly stopped after being pulled 5 centimeters."Huh.I guess it did noth..."The ground beneath them collapsed sending them falling onto an angled surface.They both slid straight down into the darkness below.But before they could even scream,they both found themselves falling out of the tunnel and onto solid concrete floor.The room they were now in was massive.
"You okay?"Janice laughed.
"I've had better days."
"What do you suppose this place is?"
"I have no clue."Michael got up and looked around the room.Hundreds of pictures and hieroglyphs littered the walls,floor,and ceiling."I don't know why but all of this seems familiar somehow."
"This is a scientific discovery."
Michael's mind rushed back to the day he had journeyed to the prayer temple."Janice.We need to get out of here,NOW!" He took hold of Janice's hands and led her over to a door.It was the only one in the room.All of the symbols around the room began to glow golden.
"What is wrong with you?"
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
"Try me."
"Okay.About four or five years ago I had to stop a madman from unleashing a great evil upon this world.I managed to stop him but too late.He unleashed a monster known as..."
"Dueldoix."
"How did you..."
"The symbols around the room.They all read the same thing.Each and every single one.They all read his name."
"Then this place,what is it?"
"The words above the door read...The giver of life."
"A rebirth chamber."
"How?"
"I've been through something like this once before."
"Okay."
Behind them on the floor in the center of the room, a large golden ring began to glow bright yellow.Bolts of red electricity sparked out from different points of the ring.They all finally met in the middle and began to form a physical portal made out of cloud.Michael saw this happening and began to pound on the door fiercely with energy blasts.The door finally swung open allowing them booth safe passage out.In the center of the next room was a ladder leading straight from the floor to the roof.
"You go first Janice."
"What about you?"
"I will be right up after you."
Janice raced up the ladder as fast as she could before reaching the top.But the ladder came to a halt when it went inside of solid stone."It's blocked!"
"I can tell that!Move!"Michael threw an energy blast at the rock making an explosion.The explosion was pushed up and out so no debris hit Janice.
Janice crawled up out of the hole and found herself only meters away from her dig."That wasn't very far."
Michael came crawling out moments later."Damn." Janice helped him out of the hole."Thanks."
"No problem."Janice leaned forward and kissed him on the lips,long and passionate.
Michael blushed from the sudden kiss."What was that for?"
"Well we are married."
"Yeah.But what was that for?"
"For saving my life."
"This is what I do though,save lives."
"And that is why I love you."
"I know." Michael felt the ground quake."You need to get out of here,now!!" He dragged Janice over to the nearest vehicle and placed her in it."Go back to Zitopia."
"What about you?"
"I'll be home as soon as I can.Just go." He watched Janice speed off before returning to the hole he and her had fallen down.Anxiously he waited for some kind of life.Any sign.But as he was about to return down the hole, a burst of red light erupted from within it.Michael fell on his back.
"I am reborn."
Michael sat forward and saw who it was."Dueldoix."
"You again?"
"Yeah,it's me."
"Then you shall die." The sword of Dueldoix appeared in his hands.
"Take it easy now big guy.It was me after all that brought you back.Accidentally of course."
Dueldoix started to walk forward,his steps stomping harshly upon the earth."I spent five years in hell because of you.Now I will see you that you too spend an eternity there!"He swung his sword from left to right creating a long but thin wave of flames.It short forward at Michael with a curve in its center.
Michael jumped up and over the wave of flames."Gotta do better than that."He landed on the ground and looked up.Dueldoix was gone."What?"


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on February 21, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay