chapter 6:darkness begins

chapter 6:darkness begins

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Trayheart has been awakened.All there is left now is for Michael to defeat him.

"
Michael woke up in a hospital bed."What?Where am I?"

A female doctor walked into the room.She was beautiful."Your in hospital Michael.After passed out a week ago we have had you in here.Your wounds are superficial but they seemed to have stopped healing."

"I usually heal instantly."Michael felt a cut on his chest."For some unknown reason they aren't."

"Well after the carnage in the city a few days ago, we brought you straight here for observation."

"Why observation?"

"Because you didn't wake nor did you respond to any of our attempts to get a sign of life."

"And what of the man that put me in here?"

"He disappeared after beating you half to death."

"Great.Now I have to track him down."

"Feel free to leave anytime."

Michael climbed out of bed and felt scratches all over his chest."Damn these hurt."He walked over to a table with all of his belongings on top of it."Where is my belt?"

"You didn't come in with one."

"That belt is a piece of equipment that helps me channel my powers."

"Is that how your powers really work?"

"No.I can use them naturally but because I have so many smaller ones which are connected to the bigger ones,I use the belt as a sort of access point."

"Interesting."

Michael suddenly felt strange.Almost as if he were in some kind of dream."Hang on a minute."He grabbed the doctor by her wrist."Where am I really?!"

The doctor pulled away and began to laugh.She suddenly appeared behind some metal bars which began to rise up out of the floor and walls.There were four walls and a roof of bars.He was in a prison."Did you really think I could let such power escape my grasp?"

"Let me out of here so we can settle this like men."

"Tut tut Michael.I was having such an interesting conversation with you."

"Shove it up your a*s!" Michael kicked open the cell door and pounced on Trayheart.They both fell to the floor and began to wrestle furiously. But Trayheart broke free using a small energy blast.

"You are not stronger than me!"

Michael threw an energy blast at Trayheart.It flew through the air and was caught with both hands."Time to die."He then cast another energy blast at Trayheart,but because one was already in hand,the two combined and blew up.Michael sprinted down a tunnel until he came to an opening that backed out onto an out look over a lake.He took a deep breath then dove into the water below.He swam to the shore line and dragged himself onto the nearby grass.

The island in the center of the lake continued to erupt in small explosions until the top of it blew open.Trayheart flew up out of the island."You have not yet won mortal!Your death will come at my hands!It takes more than that to kill my species,so I shall awaken my brothers and sisters and take back what is rightfully ours!" And with that Treyheart vanished.

Michael let out a sigh of relief as he saw Treyheart leave."This is much better."He got up and made his way back to Zitopia,a place of peace.Michael now lived there with his wife.The city was surrounded by high walls for protection against newer threats.The city was beautiful.Rose gardens,playgrounds,wooden houses,swimming pools,and big patches of grass,were scattered throughout the city.

When Michael arrived home he walked to the front porch with a sense of happiness."Home sweet..."He was cut off by a massive explosion ripping out of his home.Fire balls flew out from blown open walls,the destroyed roof,and the broken windows.Michael went flying back onto the grass.His heart sank at the fear of Janice being dead.

Treyheart's voice began to laugh from within the burning building."It hurts doesn't it?"

"Treyheart you coward!Face me!" Michael used a power he so rarely had time for.His entire body became engulfed in fire allowing him to run inside of the destroyed house."Show yourself!"

"Does it not burn knowing the fact that our wife could possibly be dead?"

"I swear to god that if you have harmed Janice I will kill you!"

"Oh no,she is safe...for now."

"Where is she?!"

"Why would I tell you?That will kill the fun of all this."

"Coward."

"I'm all around you Michael,why not make a stand?Or can't you hurt a flame?"The fire around the room all assembled into a large ball before forming a perfect replica of Treyheart.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Afraid of a little fire?"

"No.I am not a coward like you."

"I am no coward!"Treyheart let out a scream of a crow before leaping at Michael.He missed and disappeared into the flames in the room.

"What's the matter?Can't handle a little criticism?"

"I will show you how much of a coward I am!" Treyheart let out an explosion of fire forcing Michael out of the building and onto the grass.

Michael scrambled across the grass and hid behind a neighbors hedge."I should be safe here."

Treyheart floated through the air and over to where Michael had landed."You can not hide from me little man,I am a god." He set fire to the hedge only to discover Michael gone."Where are you?!Show yourself!"

"What's the matter?!Can't you find me?"

"I will find you.And when I find you I will crush you like the bug you are."

"All bark and no bite."

"Do not push my buttons."Treyheart walked along the hedge listening for Michael's voice."Why protect this world when you can own it?You are more powerful than anything I've ever seen and yet you seem to squander all that potential you have."

"I choose to protect this world because it is my calling.You could too you know."

"Me?No.I love being the bad guy."A woman came out from her house across the street."Say Michael.Shall we make this more interesting?"Treyheart floated through the air over to the woman and held her by her arm,the flames burning her slightly."Come out and she won't get hurt."

Michael came out from his hiding place with his hands high in the air."Alright,you got me."

"Good boy Michael.I should have you well trained by the time all of this is over."

Michael became engulfed in fire."Let's even out the odds."

Treyheart laughed."But you wouldn't hurt an innocent person now would you?I mean,it would go against all that you stand for."

He had to admit defeat.No matter how much of Michael's being was screaming at him to kill this fire abomination,he could not bring himself to do such a thing when an innocent was involved."Fine."

"Ever predictable.A little heat and you perish." Treyheart picked the woman up by her throat but extinguished the flames to a low heat as not to kill her.He floated over to Michael."You are all the same.Drop everything for another life."

Michael fell on his knees."I can not hurt an innocent."

"Then you admit defeat?"

"No."

"No?"

"No."Michael burst in to flames then did an uppercut on Treyheart."I am no weak,I am not the same.I protect these people with everything I have to save them from the likes of people like you."

With his attention drawn away from Michael,Treyheart turned his attention to the woman."Come here wench."He pulled her up by her hair and held her there."Time for this b***h to die!"Fire swept over the woman and disintegrated her in seconds."You see,resistance leads to death."

Michael fell on his knees again."No..."

"You need to give up Michael,there is no hope left for this world..If there was then she wouldn't be ashes."

"What made you this way?"

"I was born this way,me and my race.And we shall take back this world!"The flames then seemed to halt altogether as if lifeless.

"How can I stop him?He is so powerful."

The flame Treyheart gasped for air all of a sudden."You need to go to a place called Tokyo.There you shall look for a tomb.In that tomb there will be a weapon that will aid you in destroying Treyheart."

"How are you talking to me?"

"My master controls my species of life form.But when he is through using us he casts us aside like stray dogs."

"So you can help me?"

"For a few second more yes."

"Go to Tokyo?"

"Yes.Or whatever it is called now.You need to go." The flames grew brighter and brighter until it exploded inside of itself.

Michael now had a new plan.And it involved going to a dreaded place.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay