chapter 7: more enemies,more dead rats

chapter 7: more enemies,more dead rats

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is now racing against the clock to prevent Trayheart from waking his people from their slumber.If he does,all hope is lost

"
Michael made his way across town to the air strip.Waiting in a special hangar was his own hovercopter. He turned it on activating the hover pad beneath it then drove it outside.Once outside he got out for a minute to inspect that it had not been tampered with.But as he was assessing the hovercopter,Michael got a fright when a creature landed on top of it.It was half human half insect.Different parts of its body were both human and insect.It also had two huge wings on its back that looked razor blade thin.

"You are in over your head!"Screeched the creature,its voice sounding like a hissing cockroach.

"Dark matter must have something to do with this."

"You need to stop interfering with the masters plans.It would be better for everyone."

"Well tell him from me I'm going to ram my foot up his a*s when this is over."

"The master will never stop his conquest.You would be wise to stop while ahead."

"Or what?"

"I will kill you."

"A little bug like yourself?Please.I've fought bad guys with bigger teeth than you.I mean really,look at you.You must be some kind of scientific reject that he doesn't want."

"Everything you know are lies."

"What does that mean?"

"What you think isn't true.You will learn what the truth is in time."

"Truth of what?"

"That is the fascinating part because it is going to persistently annoy you until you find out."The creature stood up straight."Now!Death to you!"It flew high in the air then dive bombed right at Michael.It swooped down but missed as he dodged out of the way.

Michael jumped out of the way of the attack then pounced on it.He grabbed hold of its shoulder ad held on for dear life as they both went flying through the air."What a beautiful view."

"Get off me!"

"Take me to Treyheart!"

"I can't.Even if I wanted to,I can't travel that far.I was created in this city!"

"Then you're in for a rough landing."Michael took hold of both wings and broke them.They both fell out of the sky and collided with the ground,the hybrid grinding across the concrete for several meters."That would had to of hurt."Michael laughed,hopping off it and taking a step back.

"You broke my wings."

"Yep.And now I am going to get on board my craft to travel to what we now call NEW METRO."

The creature got to its feet whilst holding its busted arm."You aren't going anywhere!"It made a charge for Michael.

"Enough!"Michael stopped walking and held one arm out in the air just as the creature made its way to him.Its head slammed straight in to his hand crushing its skull,killing in instantly."Do not anger me." He carried on into his hovercopter and flew off towards Tokyo,now known as NEW METRO. It took only a few hours to fly there since the world was one super continent.And when it came to finding the place the creature had told him about,it led him only to fields of long grass.

The grass was at least a meter long and very thick.All of the landscape was beautifully untouched for a reason.The mountains,the rivers,the forests,all of it untouched.The only thing standing out was a rock sticking out in the center of the fields of grass.Upon closer inspection,Michael found ancient writing on it.This was obviously a marker to signal the right person to what was hidden.

The writing was as written:After Dueldoix was captured to stop Trayheart,Trayheart was left vulnerable and was later bound by the largest Dark Matter crystal known to man.

"So the crystal really is the key to stopping him." Michael carried on walking through the fields of grass,coming up empty handed hour after hour.But as he approached a certain area and heard the sound of a stick snapping,He knew what it meant.The ground beneath his feet gave way sending him plunging deep down into the earth.Michael landed hard on the ground in a very dark cave.The room around him felt like it was spinning only it wasn't.

A tunnel leading straight out of the cave led Michael into a much larger cavern.It was big enough to fit at least a small army within it.An Aztec looking temple structure stood in the room half buried inside of a wall,but it was sticking out enough to see a stone table at the top of it.Michael raced up the steps to the table.On the table was a stone tablet.It stretched in width across the table filling up the center of it.

On the tablet was some more ancient writing:Although the crystal was used to stop Trayheart,it too was a threat to mankind.It was hidden here to stop the energy of the Dark Matter Crystal from harming anything more.

Suddenly,as Michael finished reading it,the tablet shined bright yellow nearly blinding him.In its place now sat the Dark Matter Crystal.The body of it looked like a pendant but it had spiky tips jutting out of it at the tops.It was as big as the length of a full grown mans upper arm.It was purple and was firing off small electrical sparks.

"How do I take it if it can hurt me?"

"Thank you yet again Michael."

Michael turned and saw Trayheart standing next to him."No."

Trayheart picked him up by his throat and then threw him down the steps."You truly are a dunce Michael!I thought you would have realized by now that fighting for this world is like signing your own death warrant."

Each step took its toll on Michael as he rolled down them,finally landing on the concrete ground below with a hard thud."Ouch."

"So much trouble you have given me Michael.For what?Save a world that is far beyond help?"

"Where is Janice?"

"She should be here somewhere."

"Tell me!"

Trayheart jumped down from the top of the temple and landed directly on Michael,pinning him on the ground."Do not talk to me like I'm some friend of yours!" Trayheart smiled an evil grin."Here is the lady of hour now."

The entrance of the cave was filled with three characters.Two human/insect hybrids,and Janice."Michael!"Yelled Janice.

"Janice!"

"Help me!"

"I'm going to get you out of this!"

"Touching words of sympathy.Too bad you won't be alive long enough to see her die by my hands." Trayheart stiffened his hands making his fingers flat and stick out like an arrow.He then stabbed his fingers in to Michael's throat causing him to start choking to death.Trayheart ushered one of his experimental hybrids over to him then got on its back."We are going to New Contro.Or as it was once called,Canada."

The four individuals disappeared out of the cave leaving Michael choking to death.The light he could make out from a hole in the roof, was shimmering in a small puddle of water.And as he drew his last few breaths,Michael's head rolled to one side.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay