chapter 4:desperation is for losers

chapter 4:desperation is for losers

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is one step ahead of Dueldoix now and must keep it that way if he wishes to defeat him.

"
Michael arrived at a place that always gave off strange energy readings.This place had no name but was well known among the city near it.It was small mountain out in the desert.It stood perfectly crafted like a table.Every edge of it was perfectly flat,not one part out of place.On top of it was a cave that was rounded unlike the rest of the structure.This was where Michael intended to find the final piece of the weapon.
Michael arrived on top of the hill then landed safely.He got out of his hovercopter and made his way over to the cave.Once inside he made a fire blast on his hand to illuminate the way.Of course,the fire does not burn his since it comes from his DNA code.The cave went down a small slope before stopping at a wall.It confused Michael because he even threw an energy blast at the wall,but  nothing happened.He was about to give up when the ground beneath his feet broke sending him falling down into a pool of green water. Michael surface seconds later and pulled himself out onto the edge of the water.
"God damn it.Now all of my s**t is wet again."He stood up and walked over to yet another door like before."Here lies Nathan the Great.He gave his life building this temple to protect the weapon fragment."Michael pushed open the door and found that on the other side of it was nothing but stepping stones.Each stone went up a bit before dropping down to the nothingness below.They were lining the edge of the room and went up to another floor. 
Michael hopped across each one until he came to the next floor.Yet another door stood before him."This s**t is getting old." He pushed the door open and found the next fragment sitting in the center of the room."This appears to be a little too easy."Michael took one step forward making the floor crumble beneath him.He managed to pull himself back in the doorway.The floor kept crumbling until all of it apart from a few chunks, were left standing.Deep down below was something orange and boiling hot.The chunks of rock still standing extended all the way down into the liquid.
Michael hopped across each one before finally arriving on the final one."It's about time."But as he went to jump to the pedestal holding the final fragment,the room shook violently.Rocks fell from the ceiling and into the liquid below.All of the room began to quake even harder.But once a bright light flashed blinding Michael,the room was back to normal.But some metal grates rose up out of the floor and sealed off the fragment. The fragment was now sealed off altogether. And as Michael went to move,the floor gave way once more.This time a ladder rose up out of the abyss below connecting to a small ledge above the floor.Michael made a run and jump through the air grabbing hold of the ladder with all of his strength.
On the ledge attached to the wall was a lever sticking out of it.Michael walked over to it then pulled the lever.The room shook slightly before stopping and revealing what was hidden.Michael could now clearly see the fragment of the weapon and a coffin sitting next to it.He jumped off the ledge to the floor then made his way over to the coffin.On the coffin was as written.
"The dagger of Death is extremely powerful and can cause death within seconds.If you obtain the Dagger of Death fragments,you alone must journey to Australia to use to it." Michael stepped back from the coffin and stared t the fragment."Australia?What could be there?" The room once more began to shake.
Outside of the temple was Dueldoix.He had set several explosives round the hill to draw Michael out."Either he withdraws and gives me the fragments,or he dies in there and I collect them myself." He picked up the trigger switch and pushed the first button creating a rather large explosion on top of the hill.
Michael took the fragment then made his exit.He made his way out into the main room with the river in it and found that certain areas of the temple had crumbled to the ground.Even the exit was destroyed."S**t."
Dueldoix smiled evilly."I've been waiting for this for a very long time." He pushed the rest of the buttons on the control switch letting all of the explosives detonate.One by one the small bombs went off destroying different segments of the hill.
Inside of the temple was Michael frantically trying to find a way out.He scoured the walls until he came to a crack in the wall.Michael could clearly see a ladder behind the right wall.He used and energy blast to rip open the wall and make his escape.He climbed the ladder like a skilled mountaineer.He rose higher and higher until he found himself pushing a top off the ladder,opening a lid to the surface of the hill.He was free at last.
"I knew the bombs would draw out the little cockroach."Dueldoix was standing behind Michael.With one motion,Dueldoix knocked him out with a mighty blow."And I think I shall have those pieces of the dagger thank you.You were a a great sport in all of this."
Michael writhed in pain as his ears fell deaf.He was now fully unconscious.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay