chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Estridge Point has been hit by unknown attackers.Now they are headed straight for Oldmin City.

"
Sarah Cohart was an ordinary woman.Her life consisted of nothing more than the average persons would.She would wake up,have a shower,go to work,come home,have dinner,then go to bed.And when it was her day off she would go hang out with friends and family rather than be boring.But her life was set to bring about a change so harsh that I could not say.
It was a thursday afternoon in April 2010.Sarah got up and instead of having a shower she decided to go for a run.Her neighborhood wasn't too bad.There was a low crime rate and an even greater community.Everyone was always happy.Sarah jogged along the foot path while pushing her way through the falling leaves.Autumn in New Zealand is April onward so it made for a beautiful sight.She ran along the footpath and eventually came to a pedestrian crossing.But as she waited for the light to turn green she couldn't help but notice a shadowy figure hiding behind a tree.
"Hello?"She called out. The figure ducked behind the tree and out of sight.Once the light flicked green,Sarah jogged across the road wiping erratic thoughts from mind.She carried on running.As she approached her driveway, a car pulled out of the next door neighbors.It skidded to a halt before it hit her.
"Jesus Sarah!"Yelled the female driver."I could have hit you."
"It was your fault.I'm on the footpath not the road."
"And it's no wonder nobody likes you."The neighbor sped off.
"B***h."Sarah carried on jogging until she made it home.Once inside she had a shower then a hot cup of coffee.It went down a treat since it had small amounts of chocolate in it.Sarah got her uniform ready then raced out the door to go to work.She hopped in her car and sped off down the road narrowly missing some rubbish bags sitting in the gutter.She arrived at work a few minutes later and went inside.It was a diner.She had worked there since it first opened back in 2005.Sarah was 15 at the time so it was easy money.
Oldmin Diner.It was the first diner to open in Oldmin City.Nothing of its kind existed in the town making it all the more easier for it to settle in.Compared to most places,the diner was cheaper for anyone who didn't have a lot of cash.It was always busy though causing many businesses in town to grumble about how unfair it was on them to be losing to a small place.
Sarah walked inside the back door with her uniform on.It was a pink color more like peach.It matched her brunette hair."Hey Colline!"Sarah yelled out.She was talking to the owner of the diner.
A middle aged woman was standing in the kitchen cooking meals."Hello Sarah!We are pretty busy today."
"Don't worry Colline,I've got your back!"Sarah wandered out to the front of the diner and saw that there were heaps of people filling the diner.All booths were full and so were the single seats."Gosh."
The day dragged out long and hard.To Sarah it felt like it would never end.But there was something brewing that would forever make its mark on her life.As the diner was closing around midnight,a strange sound could be heard throughout the front of the diner. The sound of squelching.Sarah was curios and slowly began to make her way out to the kitchen.As she approached though,a loud bang scared her.The rest of the diner was quiet so it made it even more daunting for her.
The door slowly creaked open to the kitchen as Sarah pushed on it.The door opened to reveal nothing more than darkness.The entire kitchen was pitch black."Colline?Are you still here?" Sarah froze when she saw something in the corner of the kitchen.It almost looked like two people crumpled over together."Hello?"
One of the two figures moved.They slowly raised their head and looked at Sarah.They tilted their head to the left a little before standing up tall and proud.Laying on the floor next to the person was Colline. Her lifeless body had a huge hole ripped in its throat causing a river of blood to come gushing out.
"Oh my god."Sarah backed away toward the door whilst grabbing a kitchen knife off the counter."Stay back."
The shadowy figure took one step forward almost as if its limbs were stuck.It seemed to be struggling."Sarah."It whispered.
Sarah turned and ran for the front door.Sadly though,it was locked."Open!"She picked up a chair then threw it at a window smashing it open.But as she went to jump out the window,the figure grabbed her by her pony tail."Get off!"Sarah was still holding the knife so she stabbed the person in what she thought was the stomach.She was now free.But she fell forward and hit her head on a table top nearly knocking her out cold.The last image she saw was that of a person dressed in a heavy coat jumping out of the window.
The kitchen was still dark making it seem more ominous.Once Sarah finally came to she got up and walked over to the kitchen door.She flicked the light switch to find a horrific sight.Before her eyes sat the body of Colline curled up in a ball.Her throat had been ripped open and her blood drained out on the floor.The sight of the mess forced her to curl forward and vomit.What kind of monster would have done this she thought?


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on April 9, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, mystery, mayhem, vampires


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay