chapter 7

chapter 7

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Sarah's life is in grave danger.She either has to flee or die.

"
Sam sped hastily through the town to get away.He drove near the edge of town to where an old scouts camp once lay.He led Sarah to a big circle of concrete carved for where campers would have their fires and seats.
"Where are we?"
Ashitone came out from behind a tree."I am so glad to see you again."
Sarah turned to Sam."Why?"
"I'm sorry."
"My loyal friend here has been keeping an eye on you for a while now.It seems almost as if he loves you.But of course,we vampires do not feel anything but the thirst."
Sarah tried running back to the car but found the circle to be fully surrounded by more vampires."Why are you doing this to me?"
"When me and Sam saved you from that car accident it also meant we would have to return for you.You see,in our world we have to remain hidden or risk exposure to the human world,this is not allowed.I am the original vampire,the very first vampire,and I made these rules."
"So why choose to save me if you were just going to come back years later and kill me?"
"When me and him made the agreement to come back for you it also meant that we would have to drain you dry.In our world,when we save a human that is of interest, we must consume them so nothing more shall happen to them."Ashitone smiled."Take a look at some of the female followers in my group,they all were saved by me and Sam."
"All of them?"
"Yes."

"So what are they to you now?"
"They follow instructions and nothing but that.They must serve me or it causes them great pain."
"Are you in love with them?"
"No.I feel nothing but the thirst.They mean nothing more to me than followers."
"So they just remain at your side for eternity?"
"Exactly."
"I do not choose that fate."
"You get no say in the matter!"Ashitone towered over the whimpering Sarah."I will feed upon you and gain even more power from your blood.That's right.When we saved you and put that agreement on your life,it also meant that your blood became more like a steroid."
"Just let me go."
Ashitone walked over to her."I think not."
"Leave her alone!"
"So Sam?Turning against me again?"
Sam stepped in front of Sarah."She is innocent."
"Remember the last time you turned on me?I told you it would lead to your death the following time."
"I am not afraid of you Ashitone."
"You should be."Ashitone ran over to him then punched him in the stomach sending Sam flying through the air."You are not as strong as me!" He walked over to Sam and picked him up by his throat."You are an insignificant worm.I will remove you from this world."
Sam grinned."I know one weakness."
"And what would that be?"
"You are arrogant and nothing but that."Sam slammed both of his hands on Ashitone's ears forcing him to let go."You over estimate yourself!"He ran at Ashitone and shoulder charged him in to a tree.
"And the problem with you is that you are foolish!"Ashitone brought his elbow down on Sam's head.The impact was enough to force himself free."I am tired of dealing with you.All you have brought me is trouble!"
Sam staggered backwards."I am tired of being your message boy!"He grabbed hold of a tree and ripped it out of the ground.He swung the tree from left to right smashing the tree across Ashitone.Sam smiled as Ashitone went flying across the small concrete circle.
"If you think that that is enough to beat me then you are sadly mistaken!" Ashitone gritted his teeth together."I will not be beaten by a little insect like you!"
"Too late."Sam was still holding the remains of the tree so he cast it backwards before throwing it through the air.The sharp tipped tree stump slammed in to Ashitone and pinning him to a tree.
"This is not...not the..."Ashitone began to spasm."I will not die." He tried to remove the tree stump but found it to be lodge into place."I will be back...and I will have my revenge."His head dropped signalling his death.But as the group surrounding the two were gasping,Ashitone's body exploded in a bloody mess covering the circle.
Sam turned to Sarah."You are safe now."
"Thank you."
"But..."
"But what?"Sam appeared at her side in a second.He opened wide then bit down into her jugular and began to drain her."No!!!Get off me!!!" The blood in her body was slowly been sucked out of her via a tear in her skin above her jugular.She could feel her body going limp and numb the more Sam sucked.
"You have drained her!" Called all of the vampires surrounding the two.
Sam pulled away from Sarah and sucked in a deep breath."My god."He let her body droop forward."I'm sorry."Sam stood up and walked into the center of the circle."You all obey me now for I am your master!"
"We serve only you!" Each of the vampires got down on one knee.
"I am the most powerful one here."Sam could see a funny look on their faces."What?What is the matter?" He turned and saw that Sarah was standing up right but her head still slumped forward."How is this possible?"
Sarah raised her head to him with a weird smile on her face."You are the most powerful huh?I think not."She vanished in a small puff of dust from the ground.
"Where did she go?!" None of the vampires answered."Someone tell me!"
"She is gone Sam."
"No!!But how is it possible she is one of us?!"
"When you killed Ashitone you became the dominant leader.The power of conversion was passed to you."
"No,this is not possible.So I'm..."
"Yes.You are now the oldest among us."
Sam felt anger flood through him."No!If she remains on her own then she can do more damage!We must find her!"
"How?"
"I don't know,find a tracker."
"There is one in town sir,but he is the one that has been following us for years now."
"Then we must make an alliance with him before all of us die."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 11, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014
Tags: horror, thriller, mystery, mayhem, vampires


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay