6. The Interview that Saved the King

6. The Interview that Saved the King

A Chapter by R. Linskey
"

"

 

Two days before Ceoda Moore first meets with King Remipor 



The room in where the interview takes place was filled with people working, adjusting light positions, checking if the cameras are working, making sure coffee is handed out. As I stood there, I started brainstorming all the possible unscripted questions Johniel Franklyn could have prepared for me, for when I reveal Exporta that is. I speculate that average people go to school, get a job, get married, and have kids, then retire. Though what if they get an Exporta as well? Would most married couples divorce and start again? Would they go back to school or/and try to achieve their passion(s)? How much would this effect society? I started making a short mental list of all the causes:

1. Family inheritance could lessen dramatically, this might cause family feuds amongst the greedy and rich. 

2. Marrying might start having an option choice of: ‘How many centuries would you like to stay married for,’ etcetera, because if it takes less than a lifetime for couples to get bored in a relationship, then who's to say it won’t be depressingly common in their immortal life. And people could start suing me because I broke up their relationship due to Exporta. I’ll have to address this in the contract no doubt.

3. Parents would have to witness their children dying because their kid(s) didn’t pass my Exporta IQ test. This could affect and dramatically change the parents life, and possibly lead them into hating me? But then again they could just refuse Exporta and choose to die before their children. 

4. Thugs and serial killers could steal my Exporta machines and use it to give out eternal torture to their enemies and victims. Knowing theres a possible chance that I could be the fault of someones eternal suffering will f**k up my innocence, and constantly make me uneasy to even know that thats a possibility. I’ll have to prevent this by having Exporta guarded strictly, and I will need to create brutal laws to scare off whomever tries to steal my Exporta machines. But! People would respect me and even look up to me as a God. The desperate will try to please me so that I will bless them with unlimited Exporta’s. The majority that wants to live forever would tread carefully around me and try not to upset me, incase that I ban them from ever getting an Exporta(s). I could own the Galaxy with that type of influence, and I don’t even have a time limit such as death to rush me anymore. So I could take my time, enjoy a few thousand years of peace before I break it? That’s another question: what would Exporta change about me? Would I end up turning into someone evil? How much money can I make before someone kills me? How much can I really do? Would I ever lose my intelligence by peaking? What if Exporta helped overpopulate the Galaxy? I think the solution would be to ban people from having children. We should have a limit to how many people should live in the Galaxy. And if someone dies, then there should be a list that gives couples the chance to procreate. Rich families would give immense money to get on that list, which should make me a decent profit. Though this law should be announced a thousand years prior its arrival. So that people would have time to accept and see reason. The birth control injection law would still hold, but the time limit to have it removed would vary, depending if your on that procreate list or not. What if I end up having a family myself? And skip forward to half a million years later. Would I end up being a great foremother to tens of thousands of families linked to my bloodline? If so, then would it be cruel if I didn’t meet every one of them? Or would I visit my whole family regularly? Imagine saying, ‘see you in a few hundred years cousin,’ at family parties. Because keeping in touch with tens of thousands worth of families is going to take more than a few era’s. And if I do happen to cut myself from the tedious family visits, how long would it take? Would it be on my tenth generation great grandson? And if so, how would it affect him if I were to choose that time to cut myself off the Moore family. Would it f**k him up? Depress him that Ceoda Moore ‘the reason why you exist’ chooses to cut all ties from the family due to having too many to comprehend. Would that type of timing f**k up his reputation in life? Would people start blaming him for the reason of my departure of the Moore family? Eventually Exporta would be a bigger influence in life than money, maybe it already is.

 

I was again greeted by someone, and was gushed out of my current thoughts.  

“Please take a seat on the stage, Ms Moore, and Mr Davies can sit next to the director, behind the camera over there.” I gave Meeroc a nod, and started to walk towards my seat. I see Johniel sitting on the chair beside mines.

“Going live in two minutes,” shouted the directer, at no one in particular. Two minutes next to Johniel is probably going to be filled with unavoidable small talk. John smiles at me, “I’m so excited to find out what announcement you have for us,” he said. I just smiled back and looked at my phone, putting it on silent mode. I man ran up to me, holding out a mini microphone. 

“We have to put this on you, Ms Moore,” I gestured him to do so. 

“Okay! Live in three, two, one,” shouted the directer. We were greeted by the intro music to Johniel Franklyn’s show and the usual reminder of who the interviewee is, as well as the brief history of my achievements. After that, John faced me, and the interview has started. 

“Ceoda Moore, great to have you here.” 

I nodded in agreement, carrying a quarter-half smile. 

“It was a very special surprise when I received confirmation of this interview. Your last known interview was near four years ago, right?”

“I think so yeah,” I said.

“That was when you decided to stop rapping?”

“Yes.”

“Why did you quit?”

“Writer’s block,” I smiled. 

“I see that you’re wearing one of your old Ceo outfits. Is this a tease for the new album release?”

“I wanted to create a false buzz for all my fans, so that I could increase the viewers for my new invention reveal. And no, I’m not releasing a new album.”

“Wouldn’t your fans feel betrayed?” he pretended to look sad.

“I don’t know why you’re looking so sad John, but I just increased the ratings of your show by more than 80%. All thanks to my way of marketing.” I see Johniel’s fist clenching under the table. 

“Do you plan on having a family soon.” He continued, remaining a stable tone. 

“Not in this lifetime,” maybe in my fifth Exporta, I will. 

“What do you spend your money on, in terms of social consumption?” Johniel is famous for his quick wit, but all I hear is closed questions. Meaning he’s asking questions that can be answered with only so many words. Well, it is a 10 minute interview, and not his usual one hour slots. I just couldn’t agree to a one hour live TV appearance, 10 minutes is the most I’ll do. 

“I’ve just been saving up,” I said.

“But you’re a Quadrillionaire! What are you saving up to buy,” he asked, while looking genuinely shocked at my response. 

“I’ll save that answer for my next interview.” 

“Is that you agreeing to a future interview with us,” Johniel asked, all excited. Eyes all wide open. 

“I’m not sure yet,” I kindly said. This is the last time him and I are communicating. 

“How do you feel about getting the number one spot on the Universe Top 100 most Influential People of this year?” that was a mouthful wasn’t it?

“I know this vaguely answers your question, but this is still fresh in my memory so I’ll tell you some of it. When I found out that I got number one on the Universe top 100. I stayed up for the whole afternoon, reading up on those top 99’s. Then I added up all their net-worth and compared it to mines. All of their money doesn’t even make up a quarter of it. So I decided to reward these 99’s and offered to buy out their companies, charities and projects to help enhance their business and ideas.” 

“So what is the project you’ve been working on,” asked John. I sense jealousy. 

“This is just an announcement, so I’ll briefly tell you what is does. It is called Exporta, and it can give people a chance to live another life after death via a brain transfer. This allows people to study for more than one lifetime, so that they can train to be the best without a time limit, such as death.” 

“So you’ve invented a way to make people immortal?”

“Exactly.”

“At what age can someone get an Exporta?” he doesn’t seem to believe I really invented it, but to be honest, no one will believe me until I’ve live past the normal human lifespan.

“Whenever their close to death, but everyone that wants to apply must pass yearly tests, to insure that their spot on the Exporta list stays valid.”

“Is this available for everyone?” 

“No, its designed to speed up our evolution by giving it to those who are smart to the threshold I deem fit.”

“So intelligence thrives while the stupid dies?” Johniel rhymed out. The stupid will always support the stupid…

“Stupid will never die out, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be decreased.”

“Do you think the Government will allow this?”

“This is only exclusive to Planet Moore, the G. G. has no jurisdiction there.” 

“And that would make you even more money,” he snapped out.

“Exporta is a free program,” I smiled.

“But people will be trying to buy a residency on your Planet, allowing you to increase tax and estate values for profit.” 

“Thats true, but doing what you’re suggesting can only limit my chances of finding suitable candidates for Exporta.”

“How so?” 

“If I raise my tax and estate values, then that would only allow the rich to participate. And not everyone rich is smart enough to be considered for Exporta.” I directed my last line towards Johniel. I can tell he hates it, I smiled in reply. There was a short few seconds of silence, and when it’s live TV, silence is frowned upon. I heard a slight noise coming from Johniel’s in-ear transmitter.  

“Is there anything else you can tell us about Exporta?” he urged out, noticing that he had just fucked up.

“After this interview I will release an online document detailing Exporta, so the sooner this ends. The sooner everyone gets access to the information.” Johniel’s face looked betrayed, I had promised him ten minutes, but all he got was less than five. I leaned forward on the table and looked at him, waiting.

“Would you elaborate on this document?” trying to buy more time, eh John?

“The document is elaborately written, so I’ll save my breath for now. One thing to know though, is that to require a genius mind, you’re either born with one, or you could hope that some person invents an immortalisation machine. So that you would have all the time, to learn how to become one.” I glanced at my watch, and got up. Resulting in him getting up, I hold out my hand and he shakes it.

“This is Ceoda Moore with Johniel Franklyn. Live on Planet Broadcast.” He finished, and that was a wrap. I walked away from John, and Meeroc followed me out along with my sixteen bodyguards. Nothing but black stares from the staff, clearly acknowledging my cheekiness in front of their boss, Johniel. You know your surrounded by morons when all they react to, is you giving their boss s**t. Can’t they process that I’ve just offered the chance for immortality?  



© 2018 R. Linskey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 5, 2018
Tags: fantasy, sci fi, psychological drama, pov


Author

R. Linskey
R. Linskey

Edinburgh , Scotland , United Kingdom



Writing