21. A Misjudged Hero

21. A Misjudged Hero

A Chapter by R. Linskey
"

"

 

I couldn’t stay on Earth any longer… I’ve never walked on grass before, so when I did, I couldn’t help myself from envying them. I have never breathed in an air so fresh in my life, but as I kept breathing it in, it became a constant reminder that that was the air in which my son needed, to survive his first few years on Reduntia. So I allowed the memory of my dead son motivate me to rush our mission, and therefore fucked up our attempted kidnapping. Then the failure inspired my little brother to volunteer to go back to Earth and kidnap the King. The King of Trees we call him. A Tree Lord with enough power to save our entire Planet in less than a month. But his world refuses, giving an excuse that they're saving the future than that of the present. I’m at my office, doing the usual resonation of my unfortunate birth rights, while my man servant entered.

“Ser, the prisoner is cleaned and awaiting your instruction to enter,” he said. 

“Usher him in with kindness, Notsh,” I jested. 

“I will, Ser,” nodded Notsh. He then pressed a button on his wrist watch and in comes Octlyn Remelan. My servants cleaned him up right after my plan of threatening him with sexual activities failed. Well, it did its job in scaring the Earthling to shreds. But the only confession I got outta him was that he’s an addict of a widely known plant. I wasn’t convinced that a Royal blood like himself would lack the self control to quit. Though the lie detectors confirmed his story, and that he has no useful information on his cousin or the rich b***h, but that doesn’t mean he’s useless. 

“How did your dentist appointment go?” I asked. I’m still punishing that kunt who knocked Octlyn’s teeth out, as I hate talking to people with bad dental care. He hasn’t answered me yet, I walked closer to him but he immediately shunned away from me.

“The more we age, the more confident we get. So what do you think will happen when someone has lived up to ten lifetimes, due to Ceoda’s Exporta? It might just make confidence non-existent, and shyness to be the new exotic, due to a rarity. But right now, it’s annoying and boring. So speak up, or I’ll deem your tongue useless, thus giving me the excuse to cut it off,” I threatened. 

“He restored it like it was nothing,” he gave me a taunting smile, showing off his lavish white teeth. Octlyn has been slowly showing his cockier side ever since my interrogation tactics failed. 

“Good, I paid decent money for it.” I approached him with a knife.

“You’re going to kill me!” He jumped up but Notsh sat him back down. 

“I’ve spent over twenty-billion Reduntian coins to kidnap you, so why would I kill you now? Thats just the same as burning my money, with an added feature of course: an Octlyn reaction from the moment I burn you. And I go on some crazy spending spree’s, but that doesn’t mean I’ll spend twenty-billion just to watch you burn. Use the f*****g brain you’ve been given, it can be tool that will help you answer your own stupid questions.” I sighed and handed him the knife. 

“Carrying this short sword will allow no man in my command to harm you, it’s a symbol of peace.” He took it gently.

“How does carrying a knife represent peace?” he said it in a mocking tone. 

“That right there is a Reduntian guest blade, carrying it around notifies my men to acknowledge that I trust you enough to equip a weapon in my presence.”

“Are you bipolar or something? You treat me like s**t and now you’re attempting to act all kind,” stated Octlyn. 

“If I am attempting to be kind as you just suggested, then by all means, show me how kindness works on Earth.” 

“What you should have offered: is a blunt in my right hand, a TV remote on the other, and a table full of my favourite foods… Also some Reduntian porn, as I’ve never seen Reduntian women in action before.” 

“That’s not kindness, that’s charity,” I laughed out. “You’re a chancer Octlyn.” 

“I’ve always thought charity and kindness were similar acts… Though charity does often enable people to receive more credit and praise.”

“And why is that?” I asked.

“Charity events for one, or the widely popular fundraisers rich kunts throw. As this usually requires a publicist, and they always tend to get your name out there more quickly than the person you hold the door for.” He said it while pretending to inspect the blade I’ve just given him.

“You know what I consider kindness?” I asked.

“Whatever it is, make sure you get a publicist. I heard spreading ones selflessness is a norm in the world of the self centred.” I smiled at his cheekiness. 

“We are currently in a warship that has enough destruction missiles to end all lives.”

“What? All human life?” he sarcastically asked. 

“No… Just them,” I opened the blinds to my window, which showed the five Earthling ships they’ve sent to retrieve Octlyn.

“Your cousin Remi sent them, hoping that it would be enough to stop us,” I giggled my embarrassment for him as he glanced up to me.

“That’s all they’ve sent? Or have you killed most of them already?”

“Should I bring in my lie detectors?” he ignored my remark.

“Why spare them then?” he asked.

“The ships they’re driving are worth some money. Once they land on our Planet… Well, you know what’ll happen.”

“That’s not kindness, that’s just a delayed murdering spree,” he shouted. 

“Whoa, calm down on the emotions, Octlyn, its just war,” I patted him on his head.

“A profitable war in your case.”

“Thanks for noticing,” I said.

“What do you even want with me?” he finally said.

“There’s different types of bait in this Galaxy, and it depends on the quality of the bait if you want to increase your lure. You however, turned out to be a disappointing one. As you’ve only helped me lured in five ships, than that of the whole Larferna fleet.”

“Then why bother kidnaping me?” Instead of asking questions about yourself, have you even figured out why I’m luring your countrymen? 

“Remipor was the main bait, but once we kidnap him, you’ll be required to rule in his stead. Leaving your world Kingless again is actually one of our sub goals.”

“So I’m just insurance?” he asked.

“The heir to any Royal family has always been an insurance.”

“Where is the insurance of your family?”

“Faavel’s currently kidnapping your cousin, hopefully you’ll see him within hours.”

“Isn’t that risky? To put your families heir in such danger.”

“It is, but kidnapping one of the Galaxies most protected Ruler requires an army of sorts, and my brother is the Commander of Reduntia’s military forces, not going would seem like a public announcement for cowardice.” He drew his attention to the five ships and walked over to the window, Notsh was about to stop Octlyn until I waved him to stay put. 

“You mentioned that you were luring them,” he turned to face me without making eye contact. “Luring them to what?” 

“A Planet called Reduntia.”    

“You planned an ambush?”

“And what’s an am-bush?” I jested.

“A surprise attack,” he actually thinks I don’t know huh. 

Surprise yes, but definitely not an ambush… Although, that is an idea we could try on those ships,” I nodded towards the Earthling fleet.

“Notsh, send word for an ambush for when those Earthlings land on Reduntia.” I turned back to Octlyn. 

“Thanks for the war council, Octlyn,” I smiled.

“Go f**k yourself!”

“Is that how simpletons reply when they're orally beaten?”

“If I had enough balls I would hit you,”

“And I’ll be forced to retaliate with joy. A joy knowing that you’ve finally acted on what you attend to do.” Notsh caught my attention by answering his phone.

“Ser, we’ve landed back home.”

“That was fast, must be the unique company of the great Octlyn. I’ll meet up with you for a wee catch up after my ambush is done.” Then I left him to his sullenness. 

I couldn’t wait to see my father again, he’s always been a motivation to my undying brutality. Notsh followed behind me.

“Did you just leave Octlyn in my office, alone?”

“Yes Ser, I’ll go back an�"”

“F**k it, at least he’ll have a full view of the ambush he thought he inspired.” I exited my warship and was greeted by kneeling soldiers, and saluting commanders, as well as the dried up landscape that is Reduntia.

“Any updates?” I directed the question to my head of accountancy, Uprine. 

“Money has been sparse since the day you decided to take 80% of Reduntia’s net worth! So no recent updates, apart from the newly added problem called starvation, caused by a lack of money from the leaders who’s meant to feed them.” I lifted Uprine by the neck and held it there for all to see.

“A very cheeky attitude you’ve acquired Uprine,” I noted.

“He’s just been stressed over the problems you’ve left for us,” shouted his assistant. I turned and shot her with my stolen solar gun from Earth. I shot her in the cheek, eyes and mouth, as I wanted to see what solar lasers do to unprotected faces. Uprine’s assistant was dead from the moment I fired, but her face was slowly kindling itself into a mini fire. I pointed the gun to Uprine’s fat c**k and asked.

“You think that flames going to be hot enough for roasting potato skins?” 

“Well, it seems like its good enough for roasting human skin.” I dropped Uprine to fall on his knees, and laughed at the remark that I know only one person could say such a thing, my head torturer, Alpero Hank.

“Alpero mate, come give me a kiss.” He embraced me with a full blown snog in front of all my men and servants. 

“How is you?” I asked.

“Been great actually, did you bring back any Earthlings for me to torture?” I looked up to the sky and pointed, “You see those five ships from afar?”

“Yep,” confirmed Alpero.

“I’ll let you have their commanders if they survive, there’s probably five in total.”

“Five Earthling soldiers, all for me? Damn, I love you Ser.”

“And your love will always be acknowledged.”

“What’s with the black tinted glasses,” said Alpero.

“These,” I took it off and gave him my souvenir. “Are what Earthling’s use to protect their eyes from the Sun.” 

“So its true? They could actually feel the Sun’s affect on their body?” 

“I wished I bought you along with me, just to avoid these tedious questions about Earth’s luxuries.” 

“How is my father doing?” I suddenly asked.

“He’s still alive, keeps asking for you though.” 

“Guess I better see him then.” I patted Alpero Hank and ordered him to lead the attack on one of the five ships. 

“Wait! Should I add your accountant to my torture list?” He pointed to a crying Uprine with hope.

“Nah, his financial stress seems to be torture enough, plus his favourite assistant  just died, so I’ll let him digest that for a while.”

“Going to Earth has diluted your brutality, Ser.”

“Hence why I’m going to visit my father,” I waved him goodbye and walked away with my entourage of servants. 

Getting to my father’s room has always took more time than it should, considering all the security and people to deal with before I could even reach his front door. It was all necessary though, as keeping his whereabouts unknown is a task that requires all the s**t I’ve just complained about. The door was guarded by men of my choosing, and they were just opening the door for me.

“Father? You awake?” I spoke into the dark airy room that is my fathers chambers. 

“Boy!” he shouted, I walked closer to the once powerful ruler of Reduntia. 

“Hows the yoga treating you, dad,” I gestured to the metal chains that binds him into a bow pose yoga position. His face was bruised and his head bald, with the crown of Reduntia melted onto his scarred head. 

“I bought you a souvenir,” I walked up to him and placed a pair of orange tinted sunglasses to cover up his reddened eyes. 

“Please… Sergusto my son, get me out,” he moaned. 

“I was hoping you would use your famous wit to persuade me, what a shame that pain has made it non-existent.” 

"How much longer?" he cried out, in a whimpering tone. 

"You'll stay here until Reduntia is 100% safe for raising newborns.” I stamped him on his left bum cheek. "I finally went to Earth this week, I've just came back actually, hence the sunglasses, hehe.” 

"And you came straight to see me, it means you still love me son!" 

"Love and son should never be in the same sentence whenever you say it, dad.” I pulled a lever and hot boiling chilli sauce came pouring down onto my fathers head. He didn't say anything, only closed his eyes and endured it. 

“I was only miles away from the Larferna tree, and the closer I got to it, the stronger the oxygen became. I felt like if there was a pool mere yards away from the tree, I could have breathed underwater due to the amount of oxygen I got. If only my son could breath it in with me.” I kicked him in the shoulder, then I rinsed the chilli sauce off his face with my urine. 

“I regret what I did to my grandson, but he died, meaning he isn’t even a Reduntian!”

“After all this torture, all this pain, you’re still not convinced that your in the wrong?”

“Pain doesn’t change a mans belief,” he reminded. 

“Your belief is the exact reason why my son is dead!” 

“He was never your true son, Sergusto, yes he was a child with our family name, but he can’t even survive on his own home Planet. What a joke!”

“He had our blood, he had my face, he even had the same size of c**k as me for when I was his age! And now my cynical little brother is the current heir.”

“At least Faavel survived his first few years as a newborn, which entitles him to rule over Reduntia. What? You think the people of Reduntia would approve that your son should be born in a more healthier world and grow larger lungs, then have him come back here to rule over Reduntia?” he spat at my feet. “Only a Reduntian who is born on this world may rule. Not a foreigner! No matter if his blood relates to ours!”

“Tradition states that all Reduntia family members must be born on Reduntian land, or else they lose claim to rule over it. I accepted that, and was willing raise my son on another Planet just to secure his life. I didn’t care if he loss his rights to ruling this dried out world! I cared for his life, but you won’t even allow it!” I shouted my lungs out, which probably bruised my throat with the amount of shouting I’d done already.

“That’s because no blood of ours has ever been born in another world that isn’t Reduntia.”

“And why not? Cause of tradition? Our ancestors apparently gifted their own manure to women they’ve favoured, and the man with the least smelling s**t gets the girl. So why didn’t you order me to s**t in a bowl for when you had me browsing possible brides, huh?” he was left speechless, due to a lack of excuses of course. I started walking away then.

“Wait! Are you still f*****g men?” he taunted.

“You forced me into it father.” The chances of mating with another women and gaining a child was too much for me, the pain of losing my newborn son was enough motivation that persuaded me to avoid all possibilities of having children. Therefore I became gay because no one can get pregnant by getting semen up their a*s, right? 

When leaving the room I was greeted by Notsh, he wore a smile which indicated the near arrival of our lured in Earthlings.  

“They landed yet?” 

“Not yet Ser, but they will soon.”

“Guess I better rush back to Octlyn, can’t not watch it together.” I bolted to the nearest transport vehicle. Notsh drove us back to my warship, and I had stationed a small group of one-thousand men in greetings to the Earthborn's. I knew the Earthlings would outnumber that, but Octlyn mentioned an ambush remember. So hiding my full force was tactical, though hiding too much might build suspicion for the Earthlings. I gave a knock on my office before sending a servant to enter, just in case Octlyn decides to do a little ambushing himself. The servant survived and I rewarded him with a pat on the back. Octlyn was standing near the window, not even acknowledging me at all. 

“Hey! Where’s the finger food? I thought I told someone to send in some snacks for todays entertainment.” I stated, and the servant and Notsh vanished to get some. 

“You thirsty, Octlyn? You want some Reduntian water?” he ignored me, which is a first for me, considering I’m the sole ruler of Reduntia. I’m basically a King in my own right, and no one ignores Kings. I aimed to slap him, but I really wanted some Stockholm syndrome to be present within Octlyn; as he’s pretty attractive. So I walked to stand next to him and watched the event in silent, sipping my filtered water. When the first ship landed, my men at the front line started to crouch down. Then the second ship landed and my soldiers started to draw their weapons. I glanced to see Octlyn’s reaction but he showed none, unless you count his frown a reaction. Finally the rest of the three ships landed and all their doors opened at the same time. As soon as they marched out onto Reduntian land. They were greeted by the daily problems of our lives: the lack of oxygen. Earthling soldiers started to fall on their knees and on top of each other, trying to grasp for more air. Their commanders tried shouting orders to their soldiers to charge full on into my small group of one-thousand men, but their lack of air made their commands sound like whimpers. It made me laugh like it was a comedy show, then I regretted how this beautiful view is only limited to a small fleet than that of the whole Larferna army. Faavel better have Remipor on his ship and the whole of Earth chasing him. 

"Looks like an ambush isn't necessarily, Oct, seems to me that your people lack strong lungs, eh?" I giggled out. Then I opened the window to reveal Octlyn, but the boy was holding up pretty good. He tried to remain unfazed by the lack of oxygen and that kinda made me proud, although it’s not like he’s carrying heavy weapons and jogging towards a battle like those pathetic Earthlings are. I gulped in a mouthful of air and breathed it out like it was as fresh as the air Earthlings are used to. 

“Ahhh, fresh authentic Reduntian air that is.” I said while I took out my phone, which is projected to a dozen large speakers that surrounds the five ships. 

“The boy you’re looking for is over here!” I informed, and all the Larferna men looked at us. “If you’s could make it to my ship, I’ll let everyone live and even hand over the Larferna heir freely.”

“And I meant it,” I told Oct. All the Earthlings started their attempts to run at us, but was stop short by flying carbon arrows. Probably a weapon they haven’t heard about since the twentieth century, and therefore lacked the resources to parry it. Within six minutes, over two thousand Earthborn men were left dead below my window. 

“You going to say something now, Oct? Because silence doesn’t match your�"”

“You want a f*****g compliment or something?” he remarked.

“I just want you to express yourself, Oct.”

“Fine. Why are your men ripping the faces of my people?”

“It represents our nation, and works as a signature. Since we live in a half torn world, leaving half torn faces around shows off our sigil, and our victories.”  

“There’s no one to show off to, so why bother humiliating them,” stated Octlyn.

“Yeah there is,” I faced him and said, “you.” 

Notsh entered with his phone, and a servant carrying our snacks. I took the phone that Notsh offered and started reading the text message. “Nearly half your army is attempting to surrender for the luxury of living on Earth, due to the seduction of its air. Your brother Faavel has been killed by Ceoda Moore,” I whispered.

“Looks like your kill count manager is dead, shame that,” mocked Octlyn. I couldn’t even bring myself to hit him for that remark. 

“Notsh, take Lord Remelan back to his cell.” They both left, leaving me alone. My brother and my heir is dead, but how could a women like Ceoda Moore defeat my own blood? The plan my bother and I devised was to kidnap Remipor Larferna and his heirs, the Remelan brothers, to lure in the whole Larferna army into pursing them. I was meant to lead them to our Planet for battle, while Faavel would have stayed behind on Earth to sneak steal the Larferna Tree with his men. Now the whole of Reduntia will expect me to marry again and birth an heir. I looked out into the window, and saw Alpero wearing the sunglasses I’ve given him. He’s using it to protect his eyes from the blow torch he’s using to torture one of the Earthling commanders. 

“How’s that for a sunburn, eh?” Alpero taunted. I closed the window, turned back and sank myself onto my chair. If I die right now, the Reduntian Dynasty would be over. My fathers still alive, though I snipped off his manhood some months ago. He is right though, if my heir isn’t born on Reduntia, the people would reject his rule. Which means I must make Reduntia 100% safe for newborns within the years end, because if I don’t produce an heir soon, then the people of Reduntia has great reason to overthrow me as their sovereign; due to a f*****g tradition that if a monarch doesn’t have an heir, then his rule is deemed false by the Sun God, F**k!



© 2018 R. Linskey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 30, 2018
Tags: fantasy, sci fi, psychological drama, pov


Author

R. Linskey
R. Linskey

Edinburgh , Scotland , United Kingdom



Writing