Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tanya Lynn Bendily

I woke up in a room that reminded me a lot of a hotel room. I looked over at the other bed, and was relieved to see Dawn laying there. I got up but instantly fell to the floor. I felt weak as if all my energy had been drained. I managed to muster up enough energy so that I could crawl. I crawled over to Dawn’s bed and shook her gently. It took a while before she finally woke up, but when she did she sat up quickly, gasping. Why wasn’t her energy drained? Dawn looked around the room quickly until she looked at me. The room had a television, a mini fridge and a bathroom. There was one window, but I doubt it could be broken. I laid down on the floor and looked up at Dawn who looked over the side of her bed.

“Where are we?” She asked. Stupid question.

“Dawn, if I knew where we were, would I just be laying here on the floor?” I asked.

Actually, I probably would be considering I still wouldn’t be able to move. I would have preferred a change of clothes. There was a knock at the door. I was guessing it didn’t matter whether or not we were decent, because a girl came in anyway. She looked to be around eighteen with long, jet black hair and icy blue eyes. She wore dark makeup and red lipstick, and her ears were pierced - her right ear full of them. She wore a black miniskirt with a black tank top and heels. The door closed behind her and she walked over to Dawn. She ran her long black nails along her cheek.

“You’ll make a great addition to the Dark Angels. We have someone who’s been waiting for you.” She said. She glanced down at me. “You as well. The Queen can’t wait to see you.” The door opened again and this time Roland walked in.

“Aeryn, you weren’t sent here to play with them. I knew you’d screw this up.” He said. She turned around and looked at him as he walked over to her.

“Screw you, Roland.” She said. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her.

“I love you too.” He pointed to a closet. “There’s a change of clothes in there. The Queen expects you both to meet her downstairs.”

“How come Dawn doesn’t have her energy drained?” I asked. Aeryn giggled.

“Let’s just say she’s less of a threat than you are.” She said. Way to boost Dawn’s self-esteem. “But if you’re going to complain the entire time, I suppose we can give some of it back.” She put her hand on my forehead, and before I knew it, some of my energy had come back to me. The two of them walked out and I stood up slowly.

“We should probably get changed.” I said. I looked at Dawn. She looked as if she was about to cry. I sat down next to her. “What’s wrong, Dawnie?” She shook her head.

“I don’t want to become a part of them... I want to go home. I don’t like this. Do something, Skylar.” She said. I hated seeing her like this. I sighed and put my hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll try but until then, we should probably get dressed. We don’t want to make the Queen angry.” I said as I got up.

I walked over to the closet and opened it up. I pulled out two pairs of shorts, a black t-shirt for me and a blue blouse for Dawn. Shoes were sitting beneath the clothes, so I grabbed a pair of sandals for Dawn, and a pair of sneakers for myself. We changed into our new clothes, and I put my hair up in a ponytail. I was still feeling weak, but Dawn helped lead me to the door. I tried to open it. It was locked. I jiggled the handle a little more before knocking on the door. It opened and Ben was standing there. I crossed my arms. He chuckled.

“Roland forgot to tell you to knock on the door if you need something. I’m usually always out here.” He said. “Come with me please.” He started walking. Dawn and I walked out, and I noticed the door locked from the outside. Just our luck.

Ben led us into an elevator. So this was a hotel of sorts. The elevator opened up into the presidential suite. I looked around. The small lounge area in the suite was empty - save for Roland and Aeryn. Ben walked out and plopped down onto one of the couches. Aeryn sat on the bed with Roland, whose head was on her lap. She was feeding him cherries, and running her hands through his hair. Even now Roland and Ben wore their sunglasses. Dawn and I walked in hesitantly. Ben motioned us to stand where we were. How come they got to sit? I was the one with barely any energy here. We were told that “her highness” would be out of her room in a few. The door opened, and I was preparing myself for the queen herself, but it wasn’t her. Dawn gasped. I looked at her and then back at the guy who walked out. I couldn’t believe my eyes. He was about nineteen, with short brown hair and emerald green eyes. He wore normal attire like Ben - unlike the other two. Dawn was in complete shock.

“Dawnie.” He said with a smile. His smile didn’t feel as warm as it used to. “It’s so nice to see you again after all this time. I’ve missed you.” Come on, Dawn... Say something, I thought.

“E-Ethan...” She managed to mutter. I still couldn’t believe it. Ethan Banks. He walked over to Dawn and took her hands in his.

“You don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” He said. I grabbed one of his wrists and he looked at me. I couldn’t grip it due to my lack of energy. That made me furious. I could see the shock and panic on Dawn’s face.

“Don’t touch her...” I warned. He broke his wrist free of my grip easily.

“I’ll do whatever I want.” He said. “Dawnie, let’s you and I go somewhere private and talk.” Dawn hesitated before she shook her head. The smile on his face faded.

“No, Ethan. I’m sorry but I can’t.” She said. She tried to pull her wrists free, but I could see his grip getting tighter. “Let go of me!” She practically screamed it at the top of her lungs. I had never heard Dawn yell that loudly (or at all really). Ethan let go quickly. Dawn rubbed her wrists.

“But Dawnie...” Dawn shook her head again. Ethan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Looks like we’ll have to do things the hard way then.” He grabbed her arm. I hated watching him lead her away into another room. I hated not being able to do anything about it.

“Ethan’s going to a lot of fun with her.” said Ben.

“I just wish he’d get it over with instead of playing with them first.” said Aeryn. Roland chuckled and ran his fingers down her arm.

“Is someone jealous?” He asked. She smacked his cheek gently.

“No, I’m not jealous.” She said. Listening to the three of them talk like that enraged me. I had to do something. I knew that I had to, but I couldn’t. I already felt like dropping to the floor and taking a nap. Ben got up from his chair and walked over to me. I eyed him cautiously.

“She’s practically a spitting image of the Queen herself.” He said as he circled around me slowly.

“Well duh. Why do you think the Queen wants her?” asked Roland sarcastically.

“How much longer do we have to wait?” whined Aeryn. Roland brought her face down to his and kissed her. Well, this was awkward.

“Ignore them.” said Ben, putting his arm around my shoulder. “Maybe later you and I can have some fun of our own.” I shrugged his arm off my shoulder.

“Not a chance.” I said. I glanced over at Aeryn and Roland who were making out now. I looked away. That wasn’t something I felt like watching. I wish I knew how Dawn was doing. I then remembered about our necklaces. I went to touch my golden cross necklace, but to my dismay it wasn’t there. They must have taken our necklaces when we were passed out. I hated how touching a cross didn’t burn a Dark Angel.

“Okay you two, you can stop now. Have some manners.” Ben said. I glanced over at Aeryn and Roland again. They managed to stop kissing (thank God). Aeryn went back to feeding Roland cherries.

“Who is your Queen anyway?” I asked.

“Her name is Queen Evelynn.” said Roland.

I froze. Evelynn? It couldn’t be. Last time I heard that name... The door to the Queen’s room finally opened. Aeryn and Roland got up quickly. The three of them bowed, and I had the common sense to do the same thing. Always bow to royalty, no matter who it was. Especially if they’re evil. It might just save your life a little longer. The door closed. I saw a pair of black heels, and ten painted black toenails.

“Stand up.” She said. There was no doubt about it. I could memorize that voice anywhere. I hesitated to stand up straight. I was hoping with all I had that it wasn’t who I thought it was. All hope was lost. She was in her early fifties with long brown hair, and blue eyes. She wore a nice black dress that reached her knees. I couldn’t believe it.

I was face to face with my own mother.



© 2013 Tanya Lynn Bendily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on April 14, 2013
Last Updated on April 14, 2013


Author

Tanya Lynn Bendily
Tanya Lynn Bendily

New Hartford, NY



About
About me... Hmm... Well, I'm 19 and writing is my passion. I plan to get at least two books published for starters. Hopefully all works out well. I've written at least 5 or 6 so far. Honestly, I'm not.. more..

Writing