Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Tanya Lynn Bendily

I walked down to the dining hall with Dawn. We sat down with our friends. Eric was on his laptop, and Wyatt was drawing in his sketchbook. I sat down next to Austin who had bought our food already. Dawn bought her food and then plopped down next to Eric. I looked over at what Wyatt was drawing. It was a girl with a young complexion, with long brown hair and green eyes. She wore a short black skirt with a pair of knee-high converses, and a black corset looking top. On her arms were long, black fingerless gloves, and she had one hand on her hip. I was amazed at how great he was. I had the need to ask who it was, but after a few more seconds of examining it, I came to a conclusion.

“Mary-Lynn?” I asked. Wyatt nodded.

“Yeah. I wasn’t sure which hair or eye color to use, but I managed to guess what her outfit might look like. This is what I assume she looks like. Let’s just hope that if I’m right, she’s not wearing the gloves. Otherwise we can’t see the tattoo. But I figured we should at least have something.” He said.

“I agree. It’s a great idea, Wyatt.” said Eric. “I see you saw the picture of Devitri and Lord Nicholas.” That was directed at me.

“Yeah. Actually, I talked to Devitri. He said that he told Lord Nicholas about me, and he wants to meet me.” I said.

“Really? He said the same thing to me.” He said. “I don’t know Devitri that well, but it’s safe to assume that he told Lord Nicholas about all of us, and he probably wants to meet us all.”

“I don’t doubt that.” said Austin. “Did Devitri say anything about London yet?” I shook my head.

“She probably wants to wait until she sees him again to ask him. He’s going to be in Hollywood the day after Halloween.” Dawn said.

“That’s cool.” said Wyatt. “We’ll let you two have some quality time together.”

“But not too much quality time together, okay?” asked Austin. He was still paranoid about Devitri. I smiled and kissed him gently.

“Not too much quality time. I promise.”

When dinner ended, I headed up to our room. Dawn plopped onto her bed and turned on the tv. There was a Spongebob marathon, and she just had to watch it. I opened up my computer and logged into Facebook. Devitri had already posted some pictures from the party. I clicked on a picture. It was a picture of him and Lord Nicholas on the dancefloor of a club. I assumed it was one of Lord Nicholas’ private clubs, so that Dark Angels or demons couldn’t get to him. Someone else must have taken the picture for them. They looked happy, and I never knew Devitri could look like such a fun guy. I clicked over to another picture. It was a picture of Devitri and Lord Nicholas with some of the “hot waitresses” as Devitri captioned it. I noticed that in these pictures, Devitri’s guardian attire was loose again. Lord Nicholas wasn’t wearing his tuxedo jacket, or his bowtie. His white dress shirt was worn loosely like Devitri’s. I could see a gold cross necklace. I scrolled through the other pictures, and it looked like they were having a great time. I yawned which meant I was getting tired. I shut my laptop and climbed into bed. I decided to watch Spongebob with Dawn until I fell asleep.

When Halloween night finally came, I was excited for candy. It was Friday night, so we could stay out however late we wanted, and didn’t have to be back at the school until Sunday night. It was like that every weekend, but we mostly liked to stay at the school. We were dressed in our costumes once again, and Lucas met us in the courtyard. We decided to hit the middle class neighborhoods first. We knew everyone would start hitting up the rich neighborhoods first. After about two hours of trick-or-treating, we all agreed that we had enough candy. We walked to Aunt Lily’s house and as we entered, she gave us all candy anyway. The five of us walked into the living room. Eric cleared off the giant coffee table. We dumped out all of our candy. Everyone gave me all of their Twix bars. I was the only one out of all of us who liked them. There was a knock at the door. Trick-or-treaters. The five of us sat around the coffee table, stuffing ourselves full of candy.

“We did better than last year.” said Wyatt.

“That’s because we planned out our routes a little better this time.” said Eric. He bit into a Snicker’s bar. He got up and grabbed a laptop from the nearby computer desk. He cleared a spot on the table for it, and then set it down. Eric opened it up. “Let’s see if Devitri’s back from his trick-or-treating yet. I wonder what costume he picked out.” He signed onto Facebook. He began scrolling through his news feed until he came to a picture.

It was a picture of Devitri dressed as Clark Kent, and Lord Nicholas was dressed as a wizard. One of those wizards with the long robes and pointy hat. It was an odd mix for those two, but it made us laugh. The caption for it was Just scored a bunch of rich people’s candy, and they were holding up their bags of candy. There was a bing. Devitri sent Eric a message. It said, Hey Eric, is Skylar there? Eric handed me the laptop. I sent a reply.

I’m here. Are you home right now?

Instant reply. No, I’m on my phone. I forgot he had a fancy smart phone. I just wanted to let you know that I leave first thing in the morning tomorrow, and was wondering if you wanted do lunch? I should be back around then.

I replied, Sure! Lunch sounds great! We agreed that he would text me when he got to Hollywood, and that he would pick me up for lunch around two o’clock. I signed out of Facebook and allowed everyone else to check theirs.

For the rest of the night, we decided to watch a bunch of horror movies. Dawn wasn’t too fond of them, so she decided to help Lily pass out candy, and do other things. I beginning to wonder what it would be like to meet Lord Nicholas. I started wondering whether or not he would like me. I didn’t want to make a horrible first impression. Wyatt made some popcorn, and Eric brought down some sleeping bags. We watched movies like Nosferatu, Nightmare on Elm Street, Saw and a few others. We finally decided to watch a movie that Dawn might like. It was a Disney movie called Hocus Pocus, and we all were huge fans, especially Dawn. Eventually I found myself getting sleepy until I passed out.



© 2013 Tanya Lynn Bendily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013


Author

Tanya Lynn Bendily
Tanya Lynn Bendily

New Hartford, NY



About
About me... Hmm... Well, I'm 19 and writing is my passion. I plan to get at least two books published for starters. Hopefully all works out well. I've written at least 5 or 6 so far. Honestly, I'm not.. more..

Writing