Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 6


“Alright, boy’s let’s get cleaned up and get those chores done, Richard mind helping me here son loading things up. I need to take this stuff down with us what Martha made. I hate having it go to waste,” Aunty M said shaking her head.


“Yes, Ma’am.”


“Robert, you handle a horse well today son you think you can drive a buggy?” She asked.


“Yes, Ma’am.”


“Good it shouldn't be any different than a wagon, just bit smaller that's all, a little bit lighter when you turn those corners,” Robert and Richard hooked up the buggies the boy's all piled in. Aunty M gives Robert the reins lets him drive sliding next to EJ and Frank, with Richard driving the other one with Sam, Danny, and Mark with him.


A flick of the wrist the miniature horses came to life with a hard start and a jump leaving the front the house.  Then they started to gallop everyone hanging on tight as they go past the house and down the road few paces the boys laughing as they head down towards their field. Richard was right behind them in their own buggy, laughing having the time of their life waving at the people as they go by them. Aunty M pointing the way Richard and the boy's right behind them they headed right on down to Downing Villa Squire.


Aunty M and Richard pulling into the Downing Villa Squire finding the stable for the horses and buggies the boys and Aunty M go looking for their parents. “Hi Ma, Pa,” seeing them in the corner sitting next to Doc Whitmore and his wife, “where's Julie and Anna?” Ma and Pa points and the boy’s laugh seeing their sisters dancing with several different boys.


Aunty M grabs Wayne by the arm, “how about you and me give it a whirl son if that's all right with you Martha?” She said gives her a wink.


He laughs, “are you sure Aunty M?” He asked.


“Son I'm not that old,” she said as she does a little jig, “let’s go,” drags him along. Martha laughed as she watched Wayne being dragged off by another woman.


Martha turns around, “Richard would you like to dance?” And smiles seeing his eyes light up when young lass passes by. Richard sits there and sigh's, she giggles and waves and bat's her eyes. Martha, Rena, and Doc laugh watching them as she passes by. Martha gives him a nudge, “Richard just go ask her,” she said as he sits there turns around on the bench. Martha shakes her head rolled her eyes stands up grabs his hand, “come on Richard,” she said.


“I can't,” he said.


“Can't what? Dance with me sure you can,” Martha replied.


“Oh that, alright,” he said as he shrugged his shoulders, heads out to the dance floor with Martha. They dance a little while together, Martha sees the young lass with a quick twirl throws Richard right into her lap leaves him there and smiles.


Aunty M looks over and laughs yell's to him, “she won't bit give her a whirl son.” Then with a swift kick to Wayne and pushed him towards Martha, “I believe this one belongs to you dear,” She said headed on back to the table dragging Robert out on to the floor for more.


Richard stunned, but the young lass she knows just how to handle him. Grabbing his hand with a quick smile and firm hold of his hand drags him all over that dance floor and she wasn't letting go.


The dinner bell chimes someone yells, “come and get it,” people lining up for the vittles on all sides of the rooms. It was a glory'est feast. Fried chicken piled high, mashers and gravy, green beans, hot county biscuits with mounds of Cole slaw. “Mumm, mm” and more yes sir if you went away hungry it was your own fault, it was finger licking good. The grease just dripped down your chin “Mumm, mm.” The people just pouring in from everywhere there were more people here then the night before I reckon. The tables were all buzz of this and that, about the news all over the county of this here farmer’s picnic, “Yes sir it was a humdinger of one that's for sure after 20 years.”


After a while, the Mayor of Downing Villa stood at the podium on the stage platform.


“Howdy folks,” he said.


“Howdy Mayor,” everyone at the table laughed, Wayne and Martha, trying figure out what's so funny. Mayor pulls out a sheet of paper out of his overalls. “As Mayor of Downing Villa and of Payson County we have elected and need to vote in a Sheriff and deputies and some watchmen of this here little town of ours,” again everyone laughed, Wayne and Martha began to catch on and watch with interest.


Aunty M whispered to Wayne and Martha. “What we have done is created what is know in some parts is a floating town,” as she winked to them, “happens all the time, nothing worry about dear. It's all legal mumble jumble.” She said as she slaps Wayne on the back. Wayne's eyes pop out his head nearly choking on a chicken bone.


“Now then we have chosen Wayne Downing to be our Sheriff everyone approves say I.”


“I.”


Wayne coughs, “they what?”


“Anyone a posed”… “Slam”…as the Mayor hits the gavel, “Wayne Downing is now Sheriff Congratulation.” The Mayor said. Wayne sputters and coughs “now on to our next order of business.” Mayor goes over some business and introduces more people calling to offices they vote on this and that. “I understand we have a wedding is that right?” He asked.


“Yes sir Mayor, these two want to tie the knot.” A Man yells back.


“Well then let’s get this party started find us a preacher,” he replied.


Someone shouts, “His right here Mayor came in this morning.” Another man replied.


“Well, then what we waiten fer let’s get these two hitched.” Everyone clears the table as quick as lightning.


Bride on one side the groom on the other; the preacher and Judge in the middle, parents on the side and wagon with horses tied and waiting. It was beautiful, you couldn't ask for more. Soft banjo music playing, a little daisy flower tucked in grooms overalls. It was so romantic as the bride carries a little white daisy and daffodils in her hand with sunflowers in her hair. As she walked down the aisle under the canopy under the sky, in the Downing hay field. It would bring tears to a mothers eye and it did, she was so happy finally seeing her daughter married on her wedden day.


They both looked into each other's eye. Pa and her brothers holding the shotgun, brothers smiling at the groom with a wide toothless grin… Ma wiping her eyes with a tissue. Yes sir, as they both take each other's hand and say I do. Banjo and band change up to swinging country beat. Everyone puts there hands together pats them on the back as his new father in law loads them in the wagon says, “good luck son see ya when we get back, enjoy ya honeymoon son.”  “Ye-haw.” Tossing his hat in the air fires their guns in the air, a wagon pulled out, they head out down the road. Pa picks up Ma swings her on the dance floor with a jug in his hand. “Boy's let’s get this party started.” “Ye-haw.”


Everyone in the room including women, old Grandmas grabbing a jug off of the table putting it in their hand; “Grab yer partner everyone swings her around and around. Now to left then to right… lift her high not too high son now that's the way turn her to the side. "Slap," “hey now,” as she smiles do the dose doe.”


They danced kicked up their heels all through the night.  Yes, sir they sure know how to party. Everyone that passes by Wayne shaking his hand slaps him on the back to congratulate him on becoming Sheriff. By the time he gets home his back will be sore I bet, it will be red for days.


Wayne hunts around the room trying finding Doc Hatfield and the Mayor and the Judge. But they are nowhere to be found he sighs, looking at his two boys Danny and Sam fast asleep. “Yes, it has been a long day,” and smiles. Looks around the room for the rest of his children, finding Robert, Will, and EJ playing with Mark, Frank, and Peter he yells over to them. “Yes, Pa.


“Its time we head for home it’s getting late.”


“Yes, Pa.


Robert finds Richard still with the young lass and rolled his eyes gives him a nudge. Richard tells her, “I'll see you later,” and runs quick as he can while she bats her eyes at him and sighs; “ahhhhh” putting her hands to her heart then blows him a kiss, batting her eyes, sighing again.


Pa finding Julie and Anna as he tapped them on the shoulder and whispered in their ear with a grin on his face; “yes, I am definitely gone have to keep my eye on them.”


“Yes Pa,” watch them give each boy a kiss on the cheek to let them down gently. Julie and Anna whispering back and forth about the boys they met tonight, Richard, Pa hitch up the buggies bring them around to the front.  Pa gathers everyone together. Putting Sam and Danny into the buggies lying them against each other half asleep. Everyone piles in the buggies and head back to the farm waving goodbye to Rena, Doc and everyone thanks them for a wonderful time. Everyone is worn out from the day nearly dragging, the boys put horses and buggies away while Pa puts Sam and Danny to bed. Then heads off to bed themselves.


Aunty M poured herself glass milk taking it down to her room doing a jig, humming to herself as she closes the bedroom door. Wayne, Martha laughing watching her, thinking she probably had little too much to drink of that moonshine from the wedding as she staggered through the door. Pa and Ma hearing Aunty M give a loud belch through the door. “Oh my,” giggling. Wayne, Martha cracked up laughing as they looked at each with amazement. Ma and Pa make the rounds like they do every night tucking their children in.


Stopping in the boy's room giving each son a gentle kiss goodnight and making sure everything is alright. Pa whispering to each one of them, “did you have a good time?”


Yes Pa, Yes sir.”


Pa whispering back to Richard, “she was a pretty one son.” He smiles and sighs and the other boys in the room you can hear them snickering in the room. As Ma whispers. “Alright boys and goodnight.”


“Yes, Ma,” then closed the door behind them. Ma and Pa walk down the hall to Sam and Danny room pausing at the door. They could her Aunty M hiccuping through the door with a faint “ye haw” as she turns over in her bed. Ma, Pa laughed softly to themselves, “yes defiantly the moonshine she drank a little too much tonight.” Ma and Pa open the door to Sam and Danny's room giving each of their darlings a quick tuck and kiss on the head. They have played themselves out today, what adventures will they find tomorrow they wonder, closing the door turning the corner to the girls.


They wonder where the years have gone, looking at two beautiful young daughters, now becoming young women right before their eyes. Ma bending down brushing their hair whispering. “Goodnight my sweet girls try not to grow up to fast,” with a mothers tear in the eye trying to hold back time if she could then give them each a kiss goodnight. Ma and Pa walking back down to their bedroom closed the door behind them. “Thanks, dear for the meal our house is full so is my heart” as they embrace each other.


Ma whispers. “Goodnight my darling you are now the Sheriff.”


“So I hear,” as he tried to laugh and falls to sleep in her arms.


Early morning comes Mr. Rooster climbing the fence, cows sing the morning melody C**k doodle, Mooo, C**k doodle do, Mooo; Aunty M crawling out of bed grabbing her head. Martha in the kitchen whipping up breakfast as Aunty M comes down to the kitchen grabbing a hot cup of Joe, chugging it down with some aspirins, “that's better.” She said taking another cup gulping it down, “Ahhh now that hits the spot. Watcha got cooken dear?” Martha laughed watching Aunty M with a smile. Watched her poke around a bit lifting the lids, “looks great Martha just add some more meat, potatoes tossing them on in the skillet, “fire up some more those eggs we got's some hungry boys to feed. Now, where's that fresh milk? OH, THE MILK!” She replied.


Aunty M raced down the hall down to the boy's room. Opens the door, “Robert, Will, Richard?” Throwing them their overalls “let’s go, boys,” dragging Robert right out of his bed onto the floor. “We got cows, they need milking boys.” Aunty M replied not waiting long enough, Robert with straps not even tied yet, dragging by the hand out to the barn picking up a pail with other hands. “Son grabs that stool that cow needs milked she full about to burst,” she said.


“I never milked one Aunty M,” he replied.


She takes his hands to place it under it stomach, “It called an "utter" son works like a pump and squeeze down into the bucket don't pull too hard or she'll”… “Moooooo,” the cow kicked the bucket and the stool with Robert right over. Aunty M laughed helps him back up on the stool. “Let’s try it again, that's away.” after few more tries.” Now lean your head in and your shoulders into her sides, makes it more comfortable, that's away,” she said.


The cow swished her tail back and forth as Aunty M give her some feed to eat and keeps the cow occupied. Will and Richard come out to the barn watching Robert milking one of the cows. “Well don't just stand their Will,” Aunty M pointing to Rose the cow. “She waiting for you, go get her son.” Aunty M gets Will started with Rose and watched the boys milk their cows, brings them pails to put the fresh milk in. Richard brings the feed to keep them happy while the cows swish their tails back and forth mooing happily. Aunty M was having good old time out in the barn with the boy’s; she even made Richard milk a cow too.


EJ sat and watched, Ma wouldn’t let him get to close, they look too much like a steer to her; to temper mental when they kept kicking Will and Robert over for pulling too hard. Aunty M showed them how to strain and clean the milk and let it cool. Later they would show Martha how to make fresh butter and cheese, cream for dessert, “mumm, mm” Aunty M was licking and smacking her lips just thinking about it, “mumm, mm” as she rubbed her stomach.


The boys put the cows back into the pasture washed up for breakfast. Before setting down Aunty M inspects all the boy's hands including Wayne’s, turning his hand over checking them then shaking her head points, sends all them back down the hall including Pa with a swift kick get them hopping. “Alright girls your turn front and center, Julie very nice straighten that back. Good not some much perfume just a hint dear,” taking another whiff. “Try little color on those cheeks just a dub not too much dear. Anna good job put little lace flowers in your hair here and here, put a little spot sprinkle of rose scent soap yes that should make them go wild,” she said.


“Now then boys.” lining them up in a row checking them, “much better,” turns their hands over one after another.” Then sighs taking Wayne's hands, “these are hands any women would fall in love with,” placing and handing them to Martha. “Yes, sir dear he is a keeper. If only I was 40 years younger I'd take them for a spin. Now then daylights burnen boys we have things to do places go so let’s get cracken.” She said piling the boy’s plates slapping on the meat and the potatoes, pouring the fresh milk in their glass. “Boys we got work to do, you can't do it on empty stomachs,” she said.


All the boy's eyes go wide looking at their plates as Aunty M piles food on to them. Making sure they eat every last bite before they even leave the table. Again their bellies bursting about to pop as they run out the door before she adds more food to their plates. Yelled. “Hurry boys with those chores were running late this morning, the boys are waiting for us,” laughing as she helps girls clear the table.


“Martha why don't you take the girls and the two little ones down to the Villa today. Get out of this musty old house, go down meet some those nice folks down there. Well, be gone most of the day anyway no sense waiting around for us, just a thought dear. Unless dear you need a driver I'll just send one of the boy's up from town to take you down,” she said.


“Don't be silly Aunty M, of course, I can drive one,” trying to sound confident in her voice. The truth was she hasn't driven a wagon in a long time since she was married, but she wasn't going tell her that. “I'll be just fine,” going on about her work trying not to let Aunty M upset her or get too her. "What is she up to?" Glancing over at her when she not looking. The boys quickly finished their chores got ready to go while Martha starts to prepare the boys lunch to take with them. “Martha stop fusing it’s been taking care of, tha'll be fine,” and walked down the hall to change into her duds.


Pa hands up EJ to Aunty M, Martha watches. “Ma I'll be fine,” he said as he tightens down his hat.


Ma pats him on the leg, “be careful anyway,” she said strapping in the other one so it doesn't move so much when he bounces in the saddle. Then a handing Pa extra clean bandage to put in the pack with his sandals Pa laughed, “Martha he not going need them dear they just fall off when he rides” he said. She just takes them out place them on his feet anyway as Pa rolled his eyes.


Aunty M laughs yells, “let’s head out boys,” with a quick turn of the hand.


Pa was right by the time they got to the edge of the farm one sandal was flying through the air. Aunty M laughing grabs the other one off his foot throws it over her shoulder. So Martha can have it as they go down into the fields across the dirt road. Ma walking down the edge of the farm picked up the shoes placed them on the porch and sighs, “what am going to do with that boy of mine?” And smiles. Looks towards the fields where Downing Villa is, “you know Aunty M that's not a bad idea.” Thinking about Rena and her little shop on the corner, “but what could I sell? Girls, how would like to spend the day in the Villa?”  She asked.


“Can we Ma?” They both asked.


“Go get changed, I'll get the boys ready to go.” She went outside calls for them, waving to them to come into the house.


“Yes Ma, Yes Ma’am.”


You want to go play down in the Villa today?” As they jump around, “alright let’s get you cleaned up then.” Takes them down the hall puts them into their nice clean pair of farmer overalls this time to leave their shoes at home where they belong under the bed.


Ma and the girls plus the little ones go out to the barn. Ma hooks up the buggy with some difficulty, but not much after all she not stupid has watched the boys and her husband do this a number of times. Doing it is a lot harder than seeing it being done, she would have to agree, but she wasn't about to admit it to the girls. “Alright girls,” handing the boys to them to hold on their lap why she climbs in and takes the reins. With a flick of the wrist the horses came to life with a hard start and a jump leaving the front the house, and then they started to gallop, everyone hanging on tight as they go past the house and down the road few paces.


The girls holding onto Sam and Danny, boys laughing and Ma trying to holding tight onto the reins of the buggy, her face turned white as a sheet, trying not to panic as they turn around the corner the wheel slight lifts off the ground when she turns.

Ma's face turns a little whiter then swerves a little as gets back into control. She lets out a big sigh, “that wasn't so difficult,” looking at the girls faces a little worried for just second. As the horses even out to nice clip clipped clop down the road. Ma straightens her hair. “Now that's better,” straighten her dress sticking out her chin, “alright girls let’s say we girls go have some fun.” 


Julie leans over to Ma, “I'd didn't know you could drive a wagon?” she replied.


“Dear there are a lot of things you haven't done and don't know or tried to tell you done them,” she said and gives her a wink.


Martha and girls with Sam and Danny on their lap heading down the road, waving to the people as they go down the road in their buggy to Downing Villa Market. Finding Rena shop... they stop for a bit pulling on the reins," woo.”  “Hello Rena” as Martha and the girl's wave “where is everyone?”  Martha asked


Rena laughed seeing Martha and the girls, “I see Aunty M kicked you out of the house… good for her,” she replied.


Martha giving her startled stare, “what me Rena?” She replied.


“Oh, nothing, dear meanen you no harm, just that all the funs down here that's all and you are missing it. Everyone else at the square dear, we have chores to do just like the rest. We all take our turns as we all sign in at the roster.” Rena pulled out a little calendar of things that she in charge of here at Downing Villa. “It makes things run smoother and things get done, nobody goes hungry and we all have a lot of fun. We meet lots of people build friendships that last forever,” she said as she wipes a tear away.


“So if you are interested go down there and put you are name down on the roster down in the Squarer. Unless of course” smiling at Julie “you already have a job like your husband the Sheriff, you Julie the asst School teacher. Course you can have more than one job if you like, it depends on you dear. Me I help with the cooken and tend the kids and sell things in my little shop, that's enough for me, dear.


“My husband keeps busy just being the Doc,” she said as she laughed “and being my husband. Then when we're not working we barter and trade goods and then play the night away,” she said.


“I see, but I don't have anything sell,” Martha said.


“Then don't. Just do whatever you are good at dear. If you want to sell something later that's fine too, shops come and go all the time. Well anyway you think about it, everyone is down at the squire preparing lunch and I'll be heading there myself in awhile for my shift, hope to see you there.”


Martha with a flick of the wrist the horses came to life with a hard start and a jump scolding herself to do it softer next time as they start to gallop with Rena watching them speeding way shaking her head mumbling, “foolish child.” Martha getting them back under control before they run some poor person over yelling, "watch where you are going.”


Her yelling back, “sorry, they must have seen a snake,” Women in the area scream,” snake, snake.” Martha rolling her eyes. Julie and Anna laughing with the boys on their lap, Ma turns, “well I'm doing the best I can, girls,” and laughs.


“Yes Ma,” laughing.”


Pulling into the Downing Villa Square Mary and Lizzy seeing them come charging in with the buggy as Martha yells, “woo” pulling back on the reigns, straitening their hair and dresses, then putting out their chins sighs, ”that's better girls I knew we could do it. All on our own too, right girls?” She said


“Right Ma,” as they all laughed setting the boys down. Girls put their arm around their mother showing their support as they walked gallantly to the stables handing the boys the reins. “You boys mind unhooking them for us ladies?” As they calmly walked away.


Mary and Lizzy walking over to them looked at them and then towards the stables,” Aunty M said you might stop by, but she didn't say anything about you driving your own buggy,” Mary replied.


Julie whispered “snake” into Mary's ear.


Mary eyes go as big as saucers yells "SNAKE!" Starts running waving her hands in the air, lifting her dress towards the canopy cook tent. Lizzy slapping her knee laughing so hard it brought tears to her eyes for hours. Martha and the girls laughing, “Well Lizzy we are here, so we might as well get started, right girls?” Martha replied.


“Right Ma,” putting their names on the roster go inside.


“Alright gals where do you want us?” Lizzy taking Sam and Danny out with the rest of the children to play. Why the women and the young women prepare lunch for all the men in the fields or that working in down in the Villa today.



* * *

 


Aunty M and the boys were busy in the fields, of course, finishing the fence work on Mr. Wilson farm. They were sure taking their time getting there today for some reason, Aunty M took them by the scenic route today. She had the gift of gab as they rode by the tents everyone yelling, “Got minute Sheriff Downing?” As they having to stop and chat awhile. When they got going again then another would call out, “hey sheriff I need ya, I have a question.” Most of the time it was just to congratulate him. By the time they reached the work site for the day, the other boys just whooped hollered, “well it’s about time you got here boys, might think about getting a new rooster,” as they all laughed teasing them.


Wayne and the boy’s setup too work and worked hard most of the day. Every so often a rider would come looking for the Sheriff and Pa would have to go away for a while then come back finishing up. Other times the Judge or the Mayor would send him some paperwork that needed to be signed by him. Pa would sigh and look at Aunty M she would shrug her shoulders as she laughs or smile or just slap him on his sore back, “Wayne don't sweat the small stuff dear we have work to do,” hands him the shovel. The lunch wagon arrives with food and refreshments and a letter for the Sheriff.


“The Judge and Mayor need you in your office you have a town to run and you can't run it out here so get on your horse get back to the Villa. Pick 5 good men to take with you. Inside the pouch are your star and 5 badges for your deputies.”


Richard looked at the stars in Pa's hands, “their joking right?”


Aunty M sees them gleaming in the sun laughing, “Nope Wayne I'm afraid not.” Then put her arm around Wayne. “The reason they made you the Sheriff because you are a man everyone can trust. Now look at these boys around you, look them straight in the eye and tell them that you are a man they can trust, they will follow you anywhere. You can tell which has good sense and which are up to the job... you are not a dummy Wayne. I've seen it in you and every day and your sons know it too and respect you for it. So let’s get cracken you have a job to do;” gives him a swift kick to get him hopping.


Wayne tosses one badge to Richard with a smile, Aunty M nods with approval then one to Bill, Chris, and Brad Then walk up down the boys looking into each of their eyes pacing back and forth then whispers in Aunty M ear, “is there age limit?” Looking over at Robert.


Aunty M winks back and whispered, “you’re the Sheriff.” Pa tosses the last one to Robert; telling EJ and Will, “if I had two more to hand out I'd give them to you,” and gives each both a hug and a pat on the back. They understood as Pa whispered their ears, “you boys will always be my deputies no matter what. You don't need a badge to prove it to me.” With that Pa and newly formed posy gets back on their horses, headed back to Downing Villa. Leaving Aunty M, Will and EJ with the boys too finish up on Mr. Wilson farm for the day.


Aunty M was proud watching Wayne ride off into fields towards Villa with his new poesy; it brought a tear to her eye. She had makings of a group of fine leaders in her mind. Nice strong young bucks for the task that lay at hand, checking it off the list in her mind. Wayne was looking for help to build a house while she was looking for help of more of a permanent kind, not just for one house no that was easy. Mike left her with a different task to carry out and to carry on the work that he left behind. Looking around this ragged bunch boys she sighs pulled out a tissue dots her eye, “Mike, how I'm doin you old fool? Alright, boys let’s get cracken those steers are comen they'll be wanton a home,” she replied.


“Yes Aunty M.” The boys said finished their lunch and put up the rest of the fence and did quick little jig shouting “ye haw home on the range.” They helped put EJ back on the horse with his Aunty M. They all parted ways with Aunty M waving. “See ya tonight boys save me dance at ho down,” she said.


“Yes Ma’am,” as they all galloped for home.


Sheriff Downing and his boys riding hard as they headed into town, it was a welcoming sight for all the people lining the sides to give them their support; Wayne in the front Robert at his right, Richard on his left with the three boys on the back, trotting gallantly down through Villa. People shouting their approval as they trot by as they wave back on horseback; Six men travel this way and that until tell they reached the Sheriff office. Martha was waiting with everyone there, with the entire family including all the aunts and Grandma, with smiles on all their faces.


The podium was set up all decked out with guest speakers like Doc Hatfield, Whitmore, Judge Parker, and the Mayor, of course, Mr. Stringum. Wayne laughs seeing them all there. “Now you all show up,” he said.


Doc laughed comes over to whisper in his ear, “Wayne if you would have found us last night you would have said no. So why give you the chance son,” and laughed.


Wayne laughs I still might,” and winks back slaps him hard on the back and knock the wind right out of Doc Hatfield.


Martha gave Wayne a quick hard stare as he whispered in her ear, “I won't dear” hums “I'll be your man in the moon dear and your Sheriff just for you dear,” gives her a quick peck on the cheek.


She whispered back, “that's a good boy,” gives him a swift kick, “now sit dear,” and smiles.


The Mayor stands up to the podium as everyone sits down. “As Mayor of this here Villa, it's my duty to besot these keys of offices and responsibility to Sheriff Downing.” Mayor gives his keys to the offices and everyone cheers throwing their hats in the air. “I now turn these proceeding over to him and his boys with a ye’haw and good luck boys, I'm gone fishing, if you need me which ya won't,” he said.  Grabbing a jug runs with a pole in his hands runs off the podium waving yelling, “Try not causes too much trouble boy's.” Hopping into the wagon while galloping down the road yelling, “Come on Ma let’s go, daylights a burning. We have lots of sparken to do. Ye haw.”


Doc Hatfield whispering too Wayne, “he has been wanting a vacation for a long time and the city wouldn't let him take one, too much paperwork they say,” he replied.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on January 17, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep