Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Liam Riley

        'Melissa, Turn the TV up I love this song!'

Sierra says as she gets up and dances around. I laugh at her; I can't help but notice the beauty of her body as it moves in the soft air. Her Gorgeous blonde hair flying around as she flips her head to the beat. She reaches out her hand to me.

I grin, get up and stand beside her. Moving my hips in sync with hers, and flipping my hair like her. Melissa is filming us as we dance, laughing. We are all laughing. The hardwood floor creaking under our steps. I love my friends. No I love them. Like the stereotypical teenage girl who loves her friend's cause they are there for them, they give a love some are in need of.

        The song ends, and Sierra tackles me down to the ground laughing. I Roll her over and pin her down. Digging my fingers in her sides
        
        'E-Ely-Elysia stop th-that tickles!'

Sierra musters out between the laughs, I stop glancing down at my friend who is underneath me. She sticks her tongue out at me I return the favour. Realizing the Melissa is still filming, I blush and dismount my friend taking the camera from Melissa and pointing at them. I watched through the camera as they pig out on Dill pickle chips and pop.

        'Guys, did you see the new guy around school?' Melissa said

        'The Cuban one?' I respond

        'Yea! Oh my, He is in Kyle's gym class and whoa does he have a body' Melissa says as she fans herself

        'Sierra, have you seen him?' I question to her
        
        'No� I haven't' Sierra said as she looked away.

        'Well, I'm telling you guys. I'm going to get on that' Melissa joked

        'Gross, Melissa' I laughed
        
        ' I'm hot, let's go get some air' Sierra says getting up
        
        'Alright, We can go to the park?' I mention, getting up.

As soon as we walk outside the musty June night fills our lungs. We skip around in the darkness and our laughs echo in the silent night. Melissa jumps on my back and I wrap my arms behind, grabbing her legs. She smacks my a*s
        'Let's go, faster faster, Harder Harder!'

Melissa practically moans making orgasmic noises in the night. I blush a little, why am I blushing? She is my friend. Only. Sierra notices my blushing and I turn away, pretending to have heard something. We reach the park. We all immediately head for the swings. I mount the swing, pumping my legs almost instantly. The breeze feels good against my now slightly sweating face. Grasping the bars. Melissa and Sierra are talking about something, but all I can think of is Melissa and why I blushed. Her voice sounded so soothing, and seductive. My legs start to hurt a little so I let myself glide through the air on the swings. I love swinging, makes me feel alive. Whenever I need to think, I come to these swings. I think about life, love, sex anything. When I need to think about anything, I come here. They don't know that. Melissa and Sierra I mean, they don't know how this spot has a secret purpose for me. I think the only person that does know is the old lady that walked by me that one time. Although I doubt she knew I always come here when I think. The best time for me is in the rain. I feel the earth is vulnerable then and so am I. I connect with the world and it connects with me.        

        'Elysia! Hellooo'

My thoughts are interrupted by Sierra calling out to me. I hadn't realized they had dismounted the swings and were exploring the jungle gym.

        'Sorry, Yea?'

        'Are you okay? I mean you seem distant' Melissa asked cautiously as if I was this bomb about to go off.

        ' Yea, was just thinking. Sorry '

I didn't want them to know what I was thinking about. So I dismounted the swing and joined them on the plastic bridge.

        ' We should take pictures guys!'

Sierra exclaimed getting out her camera. Melissa and I took pose together making a peace sign with our fingers. Making funny and stupid faces. Then Sierra and Melissa took pose hugging each other. Sierra and I took one with her kissing my cheek.

        'We should head back guys, my mom will worry'
        'Alright, we should walk home like in wizard of oz!'

So we all linked arms, and walked home. Singing wizard of oz songs and laughing. Tripping ever now and then. We reached my house, and entered the house. We sat down in my basement, laughing about our excursion to the park. Sierra goes to her bag and brings back a bottle in a plastic bag.

        'Ladies, for this evening I have brought us some vodka'
        
        'Thank you sierra!'

Melissa says, as Sierra pulls out 3 shot glasses from her bag and opens the bottle. Sierra pours a hefty amount in each glass and hands them to us.
        
        'Bottoms up ladies'

Sierra says as she backs the glass of vodka, making a funny face afterwards. I put the glass to my lips, open my mouth and throw back my head with the glass. Pouring the vodka down my throat. The taste is unbearable. Tasting like a mix of Buckley's with a little fruity taste. The flavour burns through my throat and sinus'. I gasped my discomfort with the alcohol. I heard Melissa cough, and a very low f**k escapes her mouth. Sierra just sits and laughs at us.

        'Wow, you guys suck at shots!'

        'Shut up sierra and just pour another one' Melissa Laughs

        'Another one?' I ask

        'Yes, Another one. You don't think Sierra brought this to have one shot and that's all?' Melissa said, proving a point.

        'That's true, all right. Pour another one'

I grab my glass and throw my head back in a similar motion. Feeling the burning sensation rip through my head. This time the aftertaste and burn goes away slower as I watch Sierra pour another shot for us. I take the 3rd shot like a reflex. Grabbing the glass and shooting it back. Placing the glass down hard on the table. This time it's me I hear muttering F**k as the alcohol starts to work its magic on my brain.

        'So, I think we should wait until my moms asleep. Then we can down the rest of that bottle'

        'That's my girl, Elysia'

Sierra says as she screws the top back on the bottle and safely stores it back in her bag. She stumbles and falls on top of Melissa on the way back. Sierra blushes slightly and pushes off, muttering a soft sorry as she gets up. I can't help but think that was hot. Wait, what am I thinking, how can I think two girls my two best friends getting that close is hot? No, just thinking if that was that new Cuban boy and me. Yes him. Him. I glance over at Melissa who is picking at her nails and Sierra who is flipping through the channels. I reach over and grab my sketchbook, and start drawing Melissa as she picks at the dirt in her nails with a frustrated look on her face. Sketching the shape of her jaw line and the hair teasing her face. Her pursed lips and the line in between her eyebrows from her concentration. Her nimble fingers clutching their twins. I bite my lip as I focus on her shadowing, I don't notice Sierra had been watching my drawing.

        'Wow Elysia! That's good. Melissa come here, look she drew you!'
        
        'It's nothing, just a sketch. I was bored'

        'It's amazing Elysia, Can I have it. Best picture of me'

        'Sure I guess, if you want it'

I sign the picture and rip it out of the book. I hand it to her, and she kisses me on the cheek while going in for a hug and thanking me. She admires the drawing while I put away my sketchpad and pencil, promising I would sketch Sierra another time due to my hand being cramped up. To be honest, I had no intention on drawing Sierra. I have wanted to draw Melissa for some time. Just the way her body looks on paper, I thought would be intriguing.

        'Hey, Sierra� turn the TV up for a second'

Melissa said. Sierra picked up the remote and turned it up a few decibels and we all sat and listened in awe to the women on the news. She was talking about a teen girl who was beaten to death by two boys from her school. She was raped then killed because she was gay, and these boys are homophobic. I looked over to Melissa who looked mesmerized in the words. Sierra looked like she was going to cry, I was shocked. I didn't know what to think. I know it's wrong, and no one deserves to die because of his or her sexuality. I was mixed with feelings of anger and sadness. I swallowed hard, not daring to say a word. I was too busy trying to comprehend the reactions of my friends. Why was Sierra about to cry? Why was Melissa holding onto every word the reporter said? The five-minute newscast seemed like forever. When it was over and the news' jingle came on I couldn't help but think, did they think that putting some happy little music will soften the effects of that last report? Sierra finally broke our silence.

        'Guys, It's getting late. I think we should sleep. Do you agree?'

Somehow, as awake as I was, I felt sleepy. After the shock of the news I didn't want to be up much longer. I knew Melissa agreed with me when she got up and changed into her pjs. I was emotionally drained.        


© 2008 Liam Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
we see the amazing friendship of the three girls in this chapter ... all seems to be in a perfect bliss, however, you have changed that happy atmosphere into a gloomy one at the end of this chapter (and it's great) .. we can see the transition from light to darkness, happiness to sadness

there's even a change in the girls' mood:

Somehow, as awake as I was, I felt sleepy. After the shock of the news I didn't want to be up much longer. I knew Melissa agreed with me when she got up and changed into her pjs. I was emotionally drained.

There are even some hints in this chapter to suggest that Elysia may be gay:

She stumbles and falls on top of Melissa on the way back. Sierra blushes slightly and pushes off, muttering a soft sorry as she gets up. I can't help but think that was hot. Wait, what am I thinking, how can I think two girls my two best friends getting that close is hot?

And when the news reporter suggests about the teenage girl who has been raped and murdered, Elysia wonders why Sierra is on the urge of crying, and i think that Elysia is just afraid of conveying her true feelings to the girls ..

Must read the other chapters to reveal these mysteries lol









Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 3, 2008


Author

Liam Riley
Liam Riley

Toronto, Canada



About
Im Liam. I have been writing since I could remember. Making up stories and characters all through my life, usually to help me through it. In a sense, my characters are my family, friends, and.. more..

Writing