Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Liam Riley


I woke up to the soft smell of summer mornings, with the sun trickling in through the blinds just softly brushing our faces as we got up. I'm cuddled up with my cat, the warmth from his fur tickles my face as I try to sit up without bothering him. He meows in discomfort and hops on the chair, stretching and then falling back asleep. I can feel the crust in my eyes; I pick it out with my fingers and yawn. I smell the nights worth of pop, chips and vodka on my breath. I look over at Melissa; she looks so peaceful in her summer slumber. The tangles in her hair and the sun across her face. I hear a groan from Sierra; I look over as she stirrers from her night's sleep.

        'What time is it?'

        '10, want to get breakfast?'

        'Yes please! I'm so hungry, you wake up Melissa'

I agree. Sierra leaves to brush her teeth, I crawl over to Melissa and put my hand on her back and shake her a little to wake her. She turns her head and looks at me with a confused look on her face, as if she has no idea why I woke her. She smiles at me and then gets on her knees to hug me. I was confused but I just wrapped my arms around her and dug my face in her shoulder. I decided to just let it happen, the warmth of her body against mine was relaxing and felt nice. I could smell the strawberry shampoo she probably used before coming over yesterday still lingering in her hair. She pulls away; I give her a confusing look and she mouths 'I'll explain later' to me and gets up to follow Sierra to the bathroom. I find them a little later laughing as they brush their teeth to the music coming from the radio. I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth they feel so smooth afterwards, no more sleep gunk on them. I wash my face and head back in my room to change. Then meet the girls downstairs for some pancakes and orange juice.

        'So what do you want to do today?' I say downing the last of my OJ.
        
        'Mall? Movies? I don't know' Melissa responds stuffing her face.

        'Well then, lets go to the mall!' Sierra responds

An hour and a half later after all of us have showered and put clean clothes on and make up and all that girly stuff, we walk out the door with a note to my parents telling them where we are. We get to the mall just around noon and immediately go to our favourite clothing store 'Link'. It has a vintage but trendy style that seems to tickle all 3 of our fancies. I picked out a pair of cargo shorts, rainbow suspenders and a branded t-shirt saying 'Bad A*s' on it. The whole thing cost about seventy bucks. Melissa picked out a lacy skirt with polka dots, some combat boots, and the latest 'Finger to Trigger' Band shirt, which cost her about sixty bucks. And Sierra picked out a pair of denim pants with a belt with small white squares, and a nice blue dress shirt. She spent fifty bucks. After Link we went to the ice cream store and got some milkshakes and sat down to drink them. Sierra Gasped, Melissa and I looked at her questionably.

        'Will you guys excuse me for a moment?'

        'Sure?'

Sierra gets up and leaves. She meets up with a girl who hugs her tight. I give a 'do you know what's going on' look at Melissa; she seemed to be as confused as I am. We observe Sierra talking to the mystery girl who keeps grabbing at her hand every so often. Sierra had her back turned to us, so we couldn't see her face but it seemed as if they were arguing.

        'So, Melissa, What was the hug for this morning?'

        'Oh, Uh Don't worry about that'

        ' Okay? Well, who do you think is with Sierra?'

        'I Don't Know!' She half yelled.

        'Okay, okay. I'm sorry' I spat back

I notice Sierra walking away from the girl and back with us. She sits down, apologizes and sips her now melted smoothie.

        'I have to tell you guys something, It has been on my mind for a while lately' Sierra Confesses

        'Does it have something to do with that girl?' Melissa Asked

        ' Yes, to be frank, it has a lot to do with Katrina'

        'Okay, well we are your best friends you can tell us anything. We will always love you.' I fit in

        'Well, I get these feelings that no one else I know, except Katrina, gets. I have always had them and I don't know if it's normal or anything but it's like when you guys talk about boys and you get all giddy. Well I do that too, just with females. I'm a lesbian, and that girl, her name is Katrina by the way, is my girlfriend. We have been dating for about 6 months now. I just didn't know how to tell you guys and I was afraid and after the news cast yesterday I was terrified.'

'You shouldn't be afraid. We are your best friends, we will never judge you. We love you Sierra!' I told her

'I know, I was just afraid is all.' She replied

Melissa had been oddly quite so I looked over at her who had been squinting at a plant in the corner for the entire conversation. I thought it was a bit rude until I saw what she was looking at, some guys from school lurking behind a plant listening to our conversation. I felt a deep sinking feeling when I realized they had heard Sierra's secret. Sierra was still entangled in her own thought to realize what Melissa and me had seen. I excused myself and pretended to go look at the poster beside the plant, but I was truly going to see whom those boys were and how much they heard. It turns out it was Jason and Seth, the two loud mouths in school. Just our luck, they had an ugly grin on their face as I mouthed 'what did you hear'. The mouthed back 'everything'. I frowned and gave them a bitchy sneer before walking back. I bent down and whispered 'they know' into Melissa's ear. Unfortunately this action sparked the confusion in Sierra who immediately questioned me about what I had said. I did my best to shrug off but Melissa caved in.

        'They heard what you said. Jason and Seth from school, they were behind that plant and they heard you' I explained

        'Oh s**t! Oh s**t! Really? That's not good. S**T!'

Sierra had tears forming in her eyes; I immediately sat over by her and comforted her. Telling her everything will be okay and it's long until school, they will forget. But that did no help, so we decided to go home from the mall. The walk home was quiet and awkward, Sierra jumped at every voice she heard claiming it was someone saying something about her. Melissa was oddly very quiet, as if she didn't care but I knew she did. It felt like a very long walk, but we finally reached my house and quickly went upstairs in my room. We unpacked our bags from 'Link' and Sierra immediately pulled out the bottle of vodka she had, unscrewed the lid and took a big gulp right out of the bottle. Her face screwed up then she gasped in air screwing the lid back on and offering us any, Melissa took it. We sat in silence, passing around the vodka bottle each of us having a hefty helping from the bottle. Sierra sucked the last drop of the vodka down and put the now empty glass bottle into her plastic bag with the shot glasses and tied it up, putting it back in her bag. When she got back and sat down, she pulled out her money from her pocket and counted her money.

        'I have twenty bucks left, what do you guys have?' Sierra asked

Melissa and I pulled out our cash, we counted all three of us had forty-three dollars left.

        'Do you guys want to grab?' Sierra said curiously

        'Sure, how much do we want. I can call John' Melissa added

We decided on a three grams and each pitched in ten bucks. We met john at the park we had went to the night before, he could smell the vodka on our breaths. I pulled out my bong from my backpack and we sat on the highest part of the jungle gym. We decided on a gram each, so Sierra went first. Immediately the air smelt like pot, Melissa and I sat and talked while Sierra finished her gram. She passed it to me; I packed my helping and took the lighter. I put the flame to my bowl and the bong to my mouth. Breathing hard as the narcotic filled my lungs, I held my breath for a little after pulling in before letting the smoke out. I could feel my eyes screwing up, feeling heavy. After we smoked the evidence of any drugs we had, we put eye drops in our eyes, and walked home. Sierra was twirling and jumping around, laughing. Melissa was walking there, pulling on her cigarette and also laughing. I was admiring my friends, how lucky was I to have such amazing friends. We reached my room, and turned up the music. We were home alone, my mother left us a note saying her and dad were out for dinner and there was meatloaf in the oven for us. Melonie was out at a friend's house. Melonie was my younger sister; she wasn't into drugs so I was glad she was gone. The drugs took control of my body, making my eyes feel heavy and my body light. Sierra got up and went over to her bag, winking at us who laughed at her suspicion. She pulled out her empty vodka bottle, and brought it down to our circle. She sat down; Melissa looked at her questionably then looked at me licking her lips.

        'Guys, care for a small game of lesbian spin the bottle?' Sierra asked

        'Are you serious?' I asked

        ' Of course she is, what are you scared Elysia?'
        
        'No, I was just asking. I have no problem kissing any of you'

        'Good' they both said in unison

I started to question the comfortable sense both of them had, had they done this before without me? Sierra started spinning the bottle and it landed on Melissa. Sierra leaned in and gave Melissa a small kiss, as if teasing for more. Melissa went and got me, butterflies attacked my insides. She leaned over and planted a kiss on my lips; she teased mine with her tongue before pulling away. I spun it and landed on Melissa, I blushed and leaned in to kiss her. Our lips touched but as I was pulling away, Melissa grabbed my head and dug her tongue inside my mouth playing with mine. I was shocked but kept it going until her fingers let go of my hair. I pulled away.

        'Wow guys, that was almost hot' Sierra said surprised

        'Almost? Hey come on, we were sexy' Melissa said sticking out that tongue that made me so nervous

        'I guess, so how is she?' Sierra was talking about my kissing

        'She's actually pretty good.' Melissa said winking at me

        'Oh? Wow'

        'What that's a surprise?' I cut in

'No not at all, it's just never kissed you so wouldn't know' obviously hinting that she wanted to

'Well, today is your lucky day'

I push her down and lay on top, I kiss her softly digging my tongue in her mouth. Her fingers entangle my hair, her body squirming underneath mine. I pull away

        'Well Elysia, you would make a fine lesbian'

        'Thank you'

We all burst out in laughter, we laughed all night, talking about everything and slowly in time the drugs wore off and we slept that burn out sleep.


© 2008 Liam Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
this is soo cool .. the kissing part lol



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 3, 2008


Author

Liam Riley
Liam Riley

Toronto, Canada



About
Im Liam. I have been writing since I could remember. Making up stories and characters all through my life, usually to help me through it. In a sense, my characters are my family, friends, and.. more..

Writing