Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Smitten Drive

Chapter 11

It was a beautiful sunny day and I could see butterflies flying around from flower to flower. Jes and I sat in the park eating sandwiches and talking about music, movies, and friends. Everytime one of us said a joke we would laugh and then she would kiss me followed by an adorable smile. Then we got our feet and tossed around the frisbee. We laughed and giggled for no reason at all. I suppose it was just our way of showing our happiness. We had no problems in the world. We were both sweating and tired so we collapsed down on the ground beside each other. We looked at each other and she gave me that adorable smile again. I reached my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. Her lips touched mine and her tongue wiggled around in my mouth. So I did the same thing with mine.

"I love you Jessica." I laid my forehead against hers.

"Hey! Hey!" She said.

Everything got blurry and when I opened my eyes I had a young teen with nasty teeh in my face. I had fallen asleep at work, right on the counter. I was so pissed-off that the dream was interrupted. The nerdy looking guy had some old records in his hand.

"How much for these?" He smiled and showed his nasty yellow stained teeth again.

"Twenty bucks." I figured there was a price for waking me up.

He gave me twenty bucks and a dirty look. I didn't care, I follwed him out the door and smoked a cigarette. Today was a hot, sunny day. It probably was about seventy-five degrees, which I thought was about perfect. I hadn't been thinking much about last night for I was really worried about Jessica. I was thinking about going to see her after work but for some reason I was really tired. I had gotten plenty of sleep last night. Maybe everything on my mind was wearing me out.

I kept thinking about how Josh had mentioned killing the old man. Realistically that would be impossible for me to do. Not to mention the fact that once Justin got out of the hospital there would be a murder case on our hands. I hope he wasn't serious about doing it. I finished my cigarette and went back inside. I was bored out of my mind. Normally when I was bored I walked around and looked at all the random s**t, but I've done that to many times to count already. I looked at the clock and it was onnly five-thirty. I decided that I didn't care so I went out to my car got the last bit of my weed and rolling papers. I had gotten paid around one hundred and twenty-five dollars today. Which wasn't much but more than I was expecting. This place doesn't do very much business. I would probably go get more after work.

I went upstairs and rolled a joint. Sometimes when I came into work I swear I smelt weed, but it wasn't quite strong enough to tell for sure. I opened a window and pulled a chair over to it. I lit the joint and inhaled strong. I coughed from the burn. I looked out the window that I was sitting at. There was an abandoned house next door. I never really noticed it before now. The windows were all boarded up, or at least the ones I could see. The grass was long and unkept, which wasn't surprising. I noticed a swingset in the backyard with a huge bee-hive hanging from the top horizontal pole. I tried to picture the life of the family that lived there. The paint was chipping off, but it looked like it had been doing that for longer than the house was empty. There was no way to tell for sure though.

A four member family? Either way that's what I'm going to use. I bet the parents went out a lot considering they lived so close to town. There are very few houses actually in town. The kids probably stayed at home most of the time. The was a metal fence around the backyard, and in the backyard was that swingset and a little kiddie pool...How cute. I saw fast-food cup on top of a lower, first story roof. Somebody in the household liked to climb out of the window on the second story and hang out on that roof.

A high pitch bell interrupted my day-dream. I quickly put out the joint, which there was still half of. I got up and waved my arms trying to move any smoke out the window. Which was obviously just because I was high. I mean I had blown the smoke out the window and held my hand out the window as well. I've got to stop being paranoid. It's probably just some stupid old lady that doesn't even know what weed is. I walked down the stairs and saw someoen kneeling down in front of the counter, tieing their shoes perhaps? When the person rised to their feet, I was glad to see that it was Josh.

"Hey man!" He said and waved. "What you doing up there?"

"Just hanging out being bored as s**t." I walked around the counter and gave him a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Just figured I would come and see how you were doing?" Josh said.

"I'm doing better?" I relpied.

"Well have a surprise for you man." I just kind of looked at him. "I got shrooms for us tonight!"

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed

"One thing though." He raised up his hand to calm me down. "We need a place to them."

"Well go buy another five grams and I'll pay you back when I get my check cashed...Then meet me back here around nine." I told him.

"Alright." He waved and took off.

I figured I would see if we could trip at the place Jes was sstaying at. I didn't really want to go back there, but I really wanted to trip on shrooms. I went back upstairs and smoked the rest of the joint. I couldn't call Jessica because I didn't know the number of her new place. I guess we would just ride up there after I got off.

Nine o'clock rolled around and as I was closing the store up Josh pulled up in his car. I locked the door and walked up to his car. He got out and sat on the trunk of his car. I hopped on the trunk and joined him. I looked at the sky, it was pretty dark by now. I told him what we were going to do and he agreed. He got in his car and I got in mine.

The ride to Jessica's seemed to take forever. I wasn't sure if it was because I was so excited to trip or if it was because I didn't want to go to Alice's house. Riding through town I noticed that it was really quite dead. There are quite a few bars here and it always caused drunks to be roasming around at night. There was always enough drunk people out that my mom told me never to walk through town after ten. The streets were empty, along with the bar parking lots. I just kind of shrugged it off and continued.

We arrived at Alice's and I just sat in the car and looked at it for a moment. Almost every light in the house was on and there were probably like five cars in the driveway. Josh knocked on my window, and it strtled me quite bad. I didn't even notice him get out of his car. He looked at me as if to ask me what I was doing. I opened the door and lit a cigarette. It seemed like smoking always prepared me for stuff. Doesn't make much sense, but it was true. Josh and I proceeded up to the door and I knocked. I heard a girl say "I'll get it!". A cute little blonde girl answered the door. She was probably only five-five in height. She was also very skinny. Upon her face was a beautiful smile.

"Is Jessica here?" I asked.

"Yeah hold on..." She left the door open and walked around yelling Jessica's name. After a minute or two Jes came to the door.

"Hey you guys!" She jumped on me with a hug and then did the same to Josh. "What can I do for you guys?"

"You want to trip on some shrooms tonight?" Josh asked.

"I mean YES!" she was trhilled with the idea. "Hold on though..." Jes went inside and I could see her talking to Alice through the little opening in the door. She came running back. "Come on in you guys."

We walked inside behind Jes. There was probably like eight people all sitting indian style in a circle. There were like three different bongs and few blunts going around. They were all girls, which made me feel a little better. I don't really get along with guys I don't know very well. There was also a plate with a huge pile of weed in front of Alice.

"That looks like a good time you guys are having." Josh said to break the silence.

"Well why don't you guys come join us, there is plenty to go around." Alice said. I looked around and all the other girls agreed, I could tell that Josh was really liking this.

We sat down in the cirlce after they made room for us. Jes sat down next to me and linked her arm in mine. I looked at her smiled, and kissed her. Some of girls gave us an "Awwww."

"I heard that you guys were going to do some shrooming tonight?" Alice said as she hit a bong. We nodded and Josh took out the three bags of shrooms. "Well does anyone want to buy some shrooms for tonight?" Alice asked the rest of the girls. About four of the girls nodded and raised there hands. Were they in school or something.

Jes got up and got everyone some drinks. It took two separate trips to get them. When she sat back down she looked at the shrooms and smiled. We waited for the other girls to get there shrooms, just to be polite. Josh, Jes, and I sat there and talked about life and stuff. Jes said she was happy living here and she never wanted to leave. That upset me a little but I didn't show it. If the cops ever found out that she was here, there was enough drugs in this house so Alice would be in a s**t load of trouble. Josh started talking to the little blonde girl that answered the door. They looked like they were hitting it off pretty good. Jes looked at them and giggled. She was also going trip on shrooms tonight with us so maybe Josh would get lucky.

Alice got back with four ziploc bags of shrooms, and handed them out. She sat back down and packed the bogs full and started rolling more blunts. Everyone was laughing and socializing. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. It seemed like it was going to be fun. Everyone ate their shorooms together, which is the way I had always done it. It was good to see that the polite tradition was done by others as well. One of the girls got up and turned on some Bob Marley, which I thought was good choice of music for this setting.

Fifteen minutes later they had kicked in. Everyone was all high or fucked up enough so most everyone was laying down. The weed was still going around, but for the moment I had passed my turn a few times. So as we all laid there laughing talking about the visualizations, I lifted my head and looked around athe different people. Everyones faces were distorted and weird looking. The room was filled with crazy colors and shapes. Jes laid on my arm and was laughing uncontrollably. It had caused me to do the same. I couldn't stop laughing as hard as I tryed. I remembered nott to fight it and just go with it. Everything I saw was wavy, colorful, floating. It doesn't sound funny, but every sight made me crack up. I would stop laughing for a moment and open my eyes, I started laughing again. The feeling was amazing.

One of the girls started freaking out saying that there were cops outside. At first everyone was really scared until Alice went outside and discovered that she was just tripping. Alice tried to calm her down but she would just push her off. She was ruining everyones trip, including mine. The sights weren't so pretty now. Alice tried again to bring her into another room but she through her off and Alice fell tumbling onto a bong. The bong shattered under the wieght of Alice. Josh and I got up and restrained the girl having the bad trip. The other girls helped Alice. There was blood on the floor from the glass that was pressed into her back. I didn't like Alice at all, but I did feel sorry for her. All she did was invite a bunch of people over and let them smoke her weed. Nothing wrong with that at all. Josh and I held onto the screaming and kicking girl not sure what to do with her. We couldn't put her in the bathroom because everyone was in there taking care of Alice. Jes stayed in the living-room picking up the glass everywhere.

"What the f**k do we do with her?" I asked. I was in no shape to be dealing with this. I couldn't comprehend much at all.

"Umm....I guess put her in here for now." She opened the door that went down to the basement. "There is nothing down there that she can hurt herself on."

Normally I would be against locking people in basements but this was an exception. Josh held her legs and I held her arms as we carried her down the stairs. It was kind of creepy in the basement. There was a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and nothing else. There was water heater, but that was locked up in a case in the corner, so she couldn't f**k that up. We set down gently and ran out of their. She continued to scream about cops and other s**t. Once the door was shut we could barely hear her.

I lit a cigarette and sat down on Jessica's bed. Josh and Jes went to see how Alice was doing, but I needed to relax. I was afraid that I might go crazy if I have to deal with much more bad stuff. The peaceful feeling of her bedroom helped me enjoy the trip again. I laid back on the bed and enjoyed the feeling as it came back. There was a bunch of posters on Jessica's wall, and they entertained me for a long time. I had never been so ammused by posters before. The faces were changing and spinning and once again....I was laughing.

It turns out that one of the girls that wasn't tripping on shrooms drove Alice to the hospital. Josh and Jessica came into the bedroom I was in and all three of us laid back on the bed talking and laughing. Most of the girls left, but there were two or three that stayed in the living room listening to Bob Marley. Everyone had completely forgot about the girl in the basement. Everyone slowly drifted off to sleep right where they were at. All three of us just fell asleep laying the wrong way on the bed, with our feet hanging off.



© 2010 Smitten Drive


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010


Author

Smitten Drive
Smitten Drive

Richfield, Eastern, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Wrting for no one else other than myself. I fill paper with ideas and stories buried deep within my ever-spinning mind. Most call me Mark Wetherby and I have a love for writing and music. I surely .. more..

Writing