Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Smitten Drive

Chapter 12

I woke up before Jes and Josh. I went out to my car to get a pack of cigarettes, only to discover that everyone else had left. Alice wasn't back from the hospital yet, which made me kind of glad. When I walked back inside I started a pot of coffee. Then I heard some thumps from the other room. The girl was banging on the basement door. She is probably done tripping now, so I let her out of the basement.

"Your the b*****d that put me down there aren't you?" She said pointing her finger at me.

"I mean yeah..." Before I could explain she jumped on me and screamed. She tried to punch me, but the punches weren't focused, they were sloppy and everywhere. I grabbed her arms and called for Josh. He must of been awaken by her screams because he was already running out of the bedroom when I called for him. He pulled her off from me and then she bit him. The girl was screaming and kicking just like last night. I guess that she was messed up mentally from the shrooms last night. Before she started tripping last night she was very sweet and quiet. Josh and I carried her back down into the basement, unsure of what else to do. When we got back to the top of the stairs Jessica was standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes.

"B***h went crazy again." I said as I locked the door.

"Whatever, nothing we do anyway." Jes said in a tired voice.

"Coffee should be ready guys." I said.

All three of us walked slowly into the kitchen and sat at the table while drinked our coffee. We talked about the trips we had lasst night and how fun they were. I lit a cigarette and set the pack down in the middle of the table to let them know that they could help themselves.

"So what do you want to do today guys?" I asked.

"I say we do something outside....It's a beautiful day." Jes said. I was so glad that she wanted to hang out today. From then on I knew it was going to be a fabulous day.

"Well I'm out of money...I suppose we could play frisbee." Josh recommended.

"I have money....I'll pick up some pot and we will meet at the park?" I asked.

"Sounds good." Jes said and Josh nodded. "I need some more coffee first though."

"Agreed." Josh replied.

I had one more cup of coffee and decided that I was going to head out because I needed to cash my check first. Right when I was about to leave Jes and Josh decided that they wanted to leave as well. I was happy with that desicion because that meant that I got to spend even more time with Jes. During the car ride I told her about what happened at Chuck's place. She was speechless, and maybe a little scared. I told her not to worry, I would take care of it as soon as I can. When we got to my drug dealers house instead of me going inside like I normally did, he just came out to the car. I don't think I've mentioned it but my drug dealers name is DJ. I'm not friends with him by any means, I just get my drugs and then I don't talk to him until I need drugs again. It's just the way it works.

Once I had the pot Jes and I went to the park to find Josh already waiting. On the way to the park Jes rolled a nice fat joint. The day was still early and bright as we walked into the woods to our usual smoking spot. I'm surprised that nobody has caught us yet, the rock isn't hidden at all, just nobody knows about the trail I assume. Jes held my hand as we walked through the woods. She said that she was still creeped out from that night she had the bum chase her. I feel really bad for her....I really do.

We got back to the rock and Jes lit the joint as we climbed to the top. It was always a big project to get to the top. You had to straddle yourself inbetween a tree and the rock. Sometimes to much trouble for what it was worth, but most of the time it was definitely worth it.

"So I have to ask...." Jes hit the joint before continuing. "What are we going to do about the old man that wants to kill us?"

"That's a good question." Josh said as the joint was passed to him.

"I really don't know you guys...Any ideas?" I asked. Everyone just nodded their heads in sadness. Josh handed the joint to me, tried to think of something to do, but I couldn't.

"I think it important we stay together, or at least around people." Jessica reccomended.

"Yeah...Thats a good idea." I agreed.

I passed the joint back to jes and we all just sat there in silence while we smoked the rest. It was really ashame that on such a good day it was hard to enjoy ourselves because of the danger we were in.

"Maybe he was just bluffing!" Josh said, as his face brightened.

"What?" Jes and I said at the same time.

"He beat the s**t out of me! Did you forget that?"

"...Actually yes I did...But think about it, we have done drugs many times and heasn't bothered us."

"Good point Josh, but a guy that murders people probably doesn't bluff that much." Jes pointed out.

Josh just bowed his head, I guess he forgot about that too. I couldn't help but think that none of this would of happened if I didn't do drugs. I am seriously thinking about quitting. It probably won't happen, considering I'm hitting a joint now. As soon as Josh was finishing off the joint he passed out and feel backwards right off the rock. My first thought is that the weed couldn't be that strong. Jes and leaned over the edge and saw Josh laying there face down on the ground. He had a trnquilizer dar in his back. I looked up out into the woods and saw what looked like a black figure walking through the shadows towards. When he saw that we had spotted him he started running!

"Lets get the f**k out of here!" I yelled.

I grabbed Jessica's hand and we jumped off the rock. A horrible sharp pain shot up my heel into my leg. I didn't stop I just ran as fast as I could. I looked back and saw that the man in the shadows was the the old man. Not really surprised, I told Jes to run faster. I felt horrible for leaving Josh behind. I was really high and scared, it didn't even cross my mind. Some friend I am huh?

"Ian...Run for your life and get help." Jes said as she dropped to her knees.

"Jes no!!" I couldn't beleive what was happening. She fell flat on her face and I saw two darts, one in her back and one in her neck. "God d****t!" I screamed. "Why couldn't you leave my friends out of it!" I yelled back at the old man, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I picked up Jessica and ran as fast as I could. Which wasn't very fast considering I was really high and out of breath, and carrying another person is hard enough when your sober. Since I wasn't running very fast I kept my eyes peeled for any sign of the man. I ran and ran.

I stopped. I realized I had ran so far into the woods that I had no idea where I was. I set Jes down and looked around. I didn't recognize anything.

"God-f*****g-d****t!" I said wanting to beat myself up for getting lost. "I'm way to f*****g high to be dealing with this." I looked at Jes and lifted her head up. I pushed her silky soft hair out of her face and looked at her closed eyes. It looked like she was just taking an afternoon nap. I needed to pull myself together, and talking to myself isn't going to help me at all. I saw a huge tree maybe a hundred feet away I figured that I could climb it to see where I was. I ran towards it, for I was scared to leave Jes alone to lo-...

The old man struck me me with a branch from behind a tree....Everything went black.



© 2010 Smitten Drive


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010


Author

Smitten Drive
Smitten Drive

Richfield, Eastern, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Wrting for no one else other than myself. I fill paper with ideas and stories buried deep within my ever-spinning mind. Most call me Mark Wetherby and I have a love for writing and music. I surely .. more..

Writing