Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Smitten Drive

Chapter 14

We have been running for probably twenty minutes straight now. I hope okay to rest because I am at the point where I can't breath. I stop and fell to my knees, once Jes caught up she did the same thing. I had no idea where we were. The tress were tall and so thick hardly any sunlight came through. I really hope we can find civilization soon. Otherwise we could die from starvation and/or dehydration. I would kill for a cup of coffee and a cigarette right now. Jes put her arm around rested her head on my shoulder as she caught her breath. There was no trail at all, I wondered how the old man made it out.

"Come on sweetie...we have to keep moving." I said deciding that I needed to be leader in order to get us out of this. I took Jes's hand and helped her up. Once I started walking she stopped me.

"Josh..."She sounded sad.

"Yeah?" I stopped and turned around.

"I didn't like it at all...It was miserable." A single tear ran down her cheek. I walked over and wrapped my arms around her.

"I know...I know hun." I wiped the tear away. "It didn't change anything between us, you did what you had to, and you saved both of our lives." She smiled and started walking. So I followed her.

I'm glad the day was early, it meant we had more time. Though we still have to hurry, I don't want to be in the woods at nightfall if I can help it. The woods just seemed to get thicker and thicker. I thought about turning around, but then we would be heading back towards the old man and that wasn't going to happen. Also, I'm not so sure I knew the way back. There was denying that we were lost. Sweat ran down my face and dripped off my chin. There was huge sweat stain on my shirt across my chest. Jes had sweat satins right underneath her but cheeks, it made me giggle. It got harder and harder to walk as the morphine kicked in. I was worth it not to have my head hurt though. I don't even want to imagine this hike with that pain.

The sun had begun to set, the opposite if what I wanted to happen is happening. We just stopped to rest and think. Alll we had was a lighter and my car keys. Part of me wanted to camp out and sleep tonight and another part wanted to keep on going because I didn't know what the old man was doing.

"Josh I have something to tell you." Jes said as she looked at the ground.

"What is it?" I scooted myself next to her to listen.

"When the man gave us morphine...I knew that hey were to make us fall asleep. "She paused and looked at me. "I didn't want to go to sleep so I gave mine to Josh."

"Sweetie eight morphine pills would have fucked Josh up real bad, but he wouldn't die from it." I tried to comfort her.

"Let me finish." She started crying. "The old man caught me giving the to him and he forced half a bottle of whiskey down Joshes throat as a punishment. I tried to stop but the old man just pushed me away." Jes cried heavily now.

"It's not your fault. It's the old man's fault....Don't blame yourself." I tried to picture how Josh felt before he passed out. I can't even imagine what eight morphine pills and whiskey would do. Poor Josh...

Eventually I comforted Jessica enough so she would stop crying but it took almost an hour. It was dark now and I wasn't sure what to do. I sat next to Jessica and examined the woods. The woods was as black as paint, I could hardly see a thing. I figured we could take turns keeping a look-out. I didn't trust this place enough to let both of us sleep. Jes said she wasn't tired so she would be the look-out first. I told her to let me sleep for four hours and then it will be her turn. I kissed her and laid my head in her lap. I fell right asleep, I'm guessing because of the morphine.

I woke up to the sun rising and my head throbbing with horrible pain. I put my hand on my head and noticed that it was bleeding again. I thought a scab had formed there, I don't know why it could be cleeding again. I wish so bad that I had some more of that morphine. I leaned around to the other side of the tree and saw Jes there sleeping away. The first emotion that I experienced was anger, she could of gotten us both killed out here. Then after watching her adorable face lay there so rested and peaceful. The way the sun reflected off her face made it so that the anger went away almost immediately. The sun was high in the sky and there wasn't a cloud in the sky so I assumed that it was close to noon or so.

I bent down to wake Jes up but something moving in the woods distracted me. I looked up in the diresction of the noise but I couldn't see anything. I'm going to let Jessica sleep awhile longer and check out the area. I walked around the woods, being careful not to stray to far away from Jes. The woods are bright today, I guess it's due to the fact that it's not nearly as thick as it was. The sun shined pretty much everywhere. If I wasn't here on such bad circumstances then I would call this place amazingly beautiful. Who am I kidding? This place is beautiful, and it's not really bad circumstances. We had just escaped from the bad circumstances and now we are heading towards the good ones. I should be happy and grateful that we are alive and doing pretty well. Then I heard it! It was moving water.

I looked back to where Jes was sleeping, she was barely in sight. I figured it would be okay to go a little farther. I listened carefully to the sound of the water and tried to pick out which direction it was coming from. After about ten more minutes of walking I saw it. There was a small stream, about six feet wide at the bottom of a little valley. I slowly slid down the hill. I was so happy, my throat was parched and I needed to wash my head out before it got infected....Worse than it is now anyways.

The stream water was cold and looked pretty clean. Clean enough for me and that's all that mattered. I cup the water in my hands and splashed my face, then I'd dip the water from my dirty hands. I ran back up the hill, stumbling along the way. I ran towards the Jes yelling her name. She quickly woke up before I even got there. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me, then she jumped and ran towards me until we met.

"What's wrong Ian?" She looked really scared.

"Hahaha! No silly, I found something great follow me." I hald onto her hand an ran as fast as I could. She had a hard time keeping up.

We arrived at the top of the hill and I stopped suddenly, she ran into the back of me and sent sliding down the hill. I'm lucky that I was able to keep from rollong or my head would have been fucked. I was able to grab onto a tree right before the river. I looked up at Jes and she was sliding down the hill behind me. I didn't even care about her pushing me I am just so happy about the clean water. I caught Jes as she slid right into me we laughed and she knelt down and splashed her face with water as well. Next thing I knew she was sticking her head right down in the water to drink it.

I started to undress myself and and once Jes saw what I was doing she smiled and did the same. I got completely naked and jumped right into the stream. The deepest it got was only about four feet deep but that all I needed. Jes took off her bra and underwear and I immediately was turned on. She was such a beautiful woman with or without clothes. She jumped right into the stream and landed right next to me. She smiled and kissed me. Then she laughed and tackled me underwater. The cold water felt so good since it had been so hot this summer. When we came I tackled Jes to get her back. We played in that water for quite awhile and it the first time we had laughed and been happy in awhile. We both stopped to catch our breath and I looked at Jes and she rinsed her hair and body. Her breast were smooth and perky. Her n*****s were really hard and it turned me on even more.

I walked over to kissed her. She pushed her body up against mine and I could feel her breast pushing up against my chest. Jes wrapped her leg around mine and I grabbed her butt and held her up so she wouldn't fall My erection floated between her legs and rested up against her vagina. I kissed her harder than ever sticking my tongue in her mouth as she did the same to me. There was something about Jes that every time I kissed her it made me breathless. Our naked bodies pressed up against each other, then I slowly pickked her up and carried her to the edge of stream. I laid her down on a grassy patch and I stood up in the water. She spread her legs and didn't hesitate. Jes and I had wonderful sex out in the middle of those woods. We had no idea where we were or what we were going to do but for those twenty minutes or so, we didn't care. I guess that was the great thing about being lost with someone you love.

We laid on the grassy patch for probably about ten after we were done. I really wish I had an after-sex cigarette. I completely forgot about cigarettes until then, and that reminded me of Hydrocodons. I would kill for about four of them right now. My head felt a little better since it got some water on it. I rose to my feet and got dressed, I noticed that sun was pretty far from the middle now. I didn't want to sleepin these woods again.

"Sweetie we better get going." I recommended as I put my shoes on.

"Mmhm...I suppose your right." She started to get dressed as well. I noticed how dirty our clothes were when they were on our clean skin. If only we had time to wash them and let them dry. Maybe later, but right now we had to get moving.

Jes and I figured that we would follow the river upstream which would mean we were going North. Knowing the direction was huge plus because the old man's house was South and we would also tell time with sun now that we know East and West. Staying near the river also meant that we wouldn't die from dehydration. I was really hungry though, my stomach was making all kinds of noises I never heard before.

Well it has been about four days of folling this river upstream. It's hard to count the days sometimes, that's why I say "about". We have been in these woods without any type of food or shelter. My legs were tired and I was at the point now where I would probably be better off without my head. Jes has gotten really sick and I don't white know how. I suppose perhaps it could be from the lack of food. She has a really bad cough and she also can't walk for longer than about thirty minutes. Her sickness worried me so much. Everytime she would collapse to her knees I would just rub her back in silence, there wasn't much to say. I am so afraid that I am going to lose her out here in the middle of nowhere. I haven't told Jes, but a few times I've puked up blood. We are so hungry that our bodies are surely eating themselves by now. I have felt so weak lately that if we came across any inclines, I'd have to get down on all fours to continue. To finish off this explanation, our hair has begun to fall out in rather large clumps. I know I am suppose to be the leader and take care of Jes, while assuring her everything is going to be alright. I still put on a good cover but I am beginning to believe Justin and his Father when they said we would die out here.

We just found our way to the top of a big hill. I rose from my hands and feet to my knees. There I sat and caught my breath. I hear Jes behind me so I turn around and give her my hand. It took all my strength to pull her to the top. Jessica is a heavy girl by any means, in fact she probably weighed less than one-hundred fifty pounds. However while I was lifting her it felt as though my arm could rip off at any moment.

"You okay hun?" I rubbed her stomach as she fell to her back and caught her breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jes brushes the hair from her pale face and closes her eyes. She starts to drift off to sleep.

"Sweetie...We really have to keep going, it's going to get dark soon." I wanted to go to sleep as much as she did, but I knew we couldn't afford to. Jes slowly got up and gave off a bunch of harsh and dry coughs. When she stopped she looked at me with tear filled eyes.

"I have an unbelievable headache Ian." She pretty much fell into my chest. I felt horrible but once again I didn't know what to say. It's not like there was anything I can do anyway.

"Come on...We're almost home" I tried to comfort her.

"Really?" Jes looked at me with a smile.

"I promise." Of course I just lied and she knew it, but I think it made her feel a little bit better to hear it.

Walking through the empty silent woods once again. From time to time I would drift into daydreams about playing frisbee, smoking weed on beautiful days, and drinking all night with my friends. The stream that have been following upstream this whole way was nowonly about two feet wide and a few inches deep. It is one of my biggest fears right now for the water to stop. It's hard to explain but it gives me a small sense of comfort. Kind of like a seat-belt does. You know you don't need it, but it makes you feel safer when you have it. At least with the stream water to drink and bathe in, but something to follow as well. Without not only would we be tired and thirsty but we would be walking aimlessly into the wilderness.

The sun is starting to set and we are both really tired. Right when I was about to mention looking for a good place to sleep tonight. Jes drops to her knees and starts coughing heavily. I stood there and sighed for it looks like all the other times this happened. I walk over to where she is and kneel down next to her her. Before I know it she starts vomiting what looks like pure blood and some water. I stepped back in shock, my heart was struck with sympathy for her. As I pull back her hair she must of puked a good three times.

"Are you okay?" I asked, thinking she is done. Jes nods her yes then falls face down in the bloody mess. I immediately rolled Jes onto her side and away from the vomit so she wouldn't drown in it. "Jes!" Her eyes are closed so I check her breathing to make sure that she is still alive. "Jes wake up! I can't lose you too!" Tears started down my face, I am so afraid of losing her. I have never dealt anyone passing out unless it is from alcohol, all that requires is tucking them into bed until morning. Then I stand up and yell at the top of my lungs, "HELP!" Of course no one answered but it doesn't leave me surprised. I glance at the large pool of blood resting next to Jes. I am so worried about her, I can't even put it into words. I would do anything for her not be stuck in this situation. I find myself just laying on the ground with my head resting up against a tree. There I lay staring up into the sky until my eyelids get heavier and heavier. Eventually they close and that ends the night.



© 2010 Smitten Drive


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010


Author

Smitten Drive
Smitten Drive

Richfield, Eastern, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Wrting for no one else other than myself. I fill paper with ideas and stories buried deep within my ever-spinning mind. Most call me Mark Wetherby and I have a love for writing and music. I surely .. more..

Writing