Chaper #1

Chaper #1

A Chapter by Bryanna - QueenStephni

My name is Alexis O’Hara and I am a fallen angel. My friends all call me Alex. All of my friends adore my long healthy dark purple hair, they say that it makes me look exotic. My eyes are beautiful. They are the most purest, clearest green that would be the envy of any cat. My skin is naturally dark and that helps with making me exotic. But unknown to them I am actually exotic, quite rare on Earth or any other world.

 

I am an angel but I fell. I killed another angel and now must save the human race from destroying themselves. They are such an odd race. It took me many years to learn to mimic them and learn their many cultures.

 

I wish all the time that I didn’t kill the angel but it was a necessity. I was not going to let him destroy my wings and send me to a different world for no reason. I prefer here than any other world. At least I made some friends, whose parents help with my duty to Earth.

 

Scientists I think they are called. I really don’t know. Well nothing so far has happened and Earth is still the same except for the ozone layer but I can’t control how people get around.

 

I do wonder what will bring the destruction of the human race? I have wondered for such a long time but still can never come up with the reason. Humans seem so happy but so interested in finding new ways to kill each other in wars and things like that. I so hope that whatever I’m meant to save them from happens soon because it’s been too long and I just want to go home.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“ Great story. Shame it’s meant to be true.”  Narcissus said, reading over my shoulder.

 

“ You know Mr. Roberts, he always gives me at least an A- for my biographies. He asked for a new one every month and says that it must be different in some way. Well I give him different. I totally change what’s happening and from who’s prospective it’s from.” I answered. I shoved him away from my shoulder and saved my work. I turned the computer off and we went outside.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

It was a beautiful day and I couldn’t get over how many trees I had in my dormitory yard. We decided to sit in our favorite spot underneath an old cherry blossom tree. I sat underneath and Narcissus sat in the tree. We were talking about how bad his spelling was when the bell for the seniors went. We both laughed because a group of seniors had been sitting near us had to get up and go to class. We didn’t start until 10:30am. It was 9:00am.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

We waited and talked until our other friend called us over to the other cherry blossom tree on the other side of the courtyard. We wondered over trying to think of the reason why he hadn’t come over to us. I ran up to the tree and looked up. I saw that he had been bashed again. I hated my friends getting hurt, I always wanted to heal them but couldn’t because than I would have to explain what I was and why I was here.

 

“ Who bashed you this time, Mikhal?” I asked because I would pay whomever did it back. I had sat many detentions for my two friends but didn’t really care. They needed somebody to make sure they didn’t end up in a hospital.

 

“ He’s right where you two were.” Mikhal answered. Both of us looked behind us. We saw Jamil watching us waiting for the right moment to get Narcissus. I so wasn’t leaving the boys alone with him lurking around. I also saw his two bodyguards with him. They meant business today. I couldn’t believe that they wanted to hurt the boys. There was nothing special about them, they were just normal boys who wanted to be left alone.

 

I suppose add the fact that I’m their friend doesn’t really help. I bashed Jamil too many times. I think this is his way to get me back without actually hitting me. I was so going to get him expelled as soon as possible.

 

“ Shall we go to your room, Alexis?” Mikhal asked. I nodded. I didn’t need to turn around to know that the others where moving closer to us. The three of us ran across the courtyard and into the dormitory. We ran up the stairs and to my room. I unlocked it and we stepped into my air-conditioned room.

 

   *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

We had been asking for months if the boys could move in with me because I was lonely and none of the girls liked me. They keep saying no. They let the others girls have boys in their room so we’re just going to keep arguing until they are allowed. We sat around doing nothing. I logged on to my computer and printed my biography for my first class.

 

“ We should get going soon. Class starts in ten minutes.” I told the boys. They only nodded. I knew that they hadn’t done their biography and quickly wrote two totally different ones and printed. I walked over to them and handed them each one. The boys looked at me.

 

“ How did you know?” Narcissus asked as he accepted his. Mikhal laughed than grimaced in pain.

 

“ Because I know you two never do your biography homework. I should just write them when I write mine. I have something I need to tell you!” I announced to them. I continued on without waiting for their reaction.

 

“ I’m not human you know. I’m a fallen angel and that I am here to save the human race so I can go home.” The boys had both fallen silent. I wondered if they would believe me.

 

“ I don’t believe you. Show us and than I’ll believe you.” Narcissus said. I looked at Mikhal and stepped over to him. I gently placed my hands over his cheeks and shut my eyes. I heard Narcissus gasp behind me. I stepped back and opened my eyes. Mikhal was completely healed. He looked into my mirror and nearly fainted. He dropped to the ground.

 

“ You healed me. You really are an angel.” He said. I looked away from both of their faces.

 

“ Yes. And I ask one thing from you, that you never tell anybody. If anybody else found out I would be hunted after and made into a circus freak.” I said. I turned and looked at them. They both nodded. I suddenly got the urge to laugh. I didn’t. The bell went moments later. We all jumped.

 

“ We’d better get going.” I said as I picked up my bag. The boys followed my lead. We walked to Mr. Roberts’ class and found that our usual seats were still vacant. We took them. Mr. Roberts entered minutes after.


© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


Author's Note

Bryanna - QueenStephni
Ignore the crappy spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would recommend varying sentence structure a bit more, and perhaps adding some more description. However, when you add description, don't simply state it, but show it affects things, how it changes the situation and the setting. I would also recommend changing up the first bit as well. Perhaps there could also be more of a transition between her telling them what she was? It was really abrupt and then got a bit overdramatic afterwards. I would ease into it a bit more.. describe the struggle she had before telling them about it, or the lack of it. Add more emotion into it.

Having said all of this, this is simply my opinion.. I do think that this is a good piece and could make for an interesting story. Well done. :)

Coral

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would recommend varying sentence structure a bit more, and perhaps adding some more description. However, when you add description, don't simply state it, but show it affects things, how it changes the situation and the setting. I would also recommend changing up the first bit as well. Perhaps there could also be more of a transition between her telling them what she was? It was really abrupt and then got a bit overdramatic afterwards. I would ease into it a bit more.. describe the struggle she had before telling them about it, or the lack of it. Add more emotion into it.

Having said all of this, this is simply my opinion.. I do think that this is a good piece and could make for an interesting story. Well done. :)

Coral

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2010