Chapter #5

Chapter #5

A Chapter by Bryanna - QueenStephni

I walked into my dormitory and up to my room. I knocked on the door. Mikhal opened it. I went to walk past him but was too exhausted. I collapsed but didn’t land on the floor. Mikhal had caught me. He called Narcusiss and they both took me into my room. Mikhal went to get the nurse. They were both worried that I had done something to deliberately hurt myself. I was still semi-conscious but after Mikhal left I fully past out.

“ What do you think she had done to herself boys?” a voice asked above me. I couldn’t tell where I was or how many people were in the room. I tried to sit up but couldn’t. I opened my eyes and looked around. I saw Narcusiss and Mikhal and the school nurse watching me. I looked at the boys but they both looked away. I knew that they had done something stupid.

“ I’m alright I just tripped in the woods and banged my head. I just need some rest, that’s all.” I said in my defense. I sat up and went to get out of bed. The nurse came up on my left and pushed me back against the pillows.

“ You have been unconscious for several days now. I want you to stay here for a few more days than we’ll see if you’re well enough.” The nurse said. I pushed myself up a bit further up the pillows. The boys were expecting me to argue but I had learnt from experience that you don’t argue with the school nurses, they always knew what was good for you.

“ Boys, she needs her beauty sleep so why don’t you go to your room and study or something.” The nurse suggested, pulling the curtains around my bed closed. I fell into a restless sleep.

I awoke to someone screaming. I didn’t know who it was until the nurse appeared over me. I suddenly realized that I was screaming. I stopped myself.

“ Are you alright? You frightened me and the other staff.” She asked very concerned. I nodded. I remembered the dream I awoke from. It was like I was there when Sheena was killed. Like I had actually witnessed it. I wanted to go back and kill all the angels who watched her death. I just lay there and watched the nurse’s worried face. I knew that the look on my face was one of total destruction. I found my voice.

“ Yeah I’m fine just a bad dream that’s all.” I laughed as I said it. She bustled off to look after some other patients. I sat up and had a look at the food another nurse had brought over to me. I noticed that there was a fairly large group of guys standing around watching a nurse do something to someone else.                       

I ate and sat around watching people come and go through out the day. A nurse came up to me and told me that I was allowed to leave. I got up and got changed. I walked out of the infirmary. I walked straight to my dorm room. I wondered if the boys were there or if they were still at class. I knocked on the door and to my surprise it opened. I saw Mikhal and Narcusiss. They looked like they were waiting for me to get out and come home.

“ Good to see that your alright and allowed to come back. Please come on in.” Narcusiss said walking away from the door. I followed him in and shut the door. I couldn’t believe that the room was spotless and that all the dishes were done. I wanted to ask who had helped them but never got the chance. Adrienne walked out and looked straight at me.

“ Nice to see that your ok Alexis. I’ve been helping the boys out while you were unwell. They seemed to need all the help they could get.” Adrienne said as she hugged me and walked back into the kitchen. I followed her and found my favorite muffins sitting on a cooling tray. The smell of cookies in the oven was also in the room. I grabbed a muffin and started eating. I had missed all my favorites while I was stuck in the infirmary. I hated infirmary food. It tasted horrible. I loved freshly made muffins and cookies. I remembered eating them when I was younger. I always got to lick the bowl clean when my mother made them. But after she died I didn’t get a chance to find her recipe and learn it off by heart. These tasted like them.

“ Is this my mothers’ secret recipe?” I asked Adrienne. She nodded and walked over to the oven. Adrienne bent down and got the cookies out of the oven. She than walked into the lounge room and wrote something down on some paper. She walked back to me and handed it over. I looked and found that it was the recipe. I got up and hugged her.

I walked into my room and called out saying that I was going in for a shower and that if any of them needed to go they would have to hurry. No one moved so I walked in. I wanted a long hot shower to relax my muscles and to think over what I had dreamed back in the infirmary.


© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on February 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2010