Chapter #3

Chapter #3

A Chapter by Bryanna - QueenStephni

When I got back to the room, both boys were trying very hard not to laugh. I wondered what they had done. I walked into my room and found a small package on my bed. I opened it carefully. I knew whom it was from but why they gave me it, I just didn’t know. Inside was a small pouch and a piece of paper. It said that if I had something small and special that they weren’t allowed to see, I could place it there and they would never look unless I said. I looked behind me to make sure they weren’t looking and placed something in there. I knew they would keep to their promise.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I re-entered to lounge room and gave them both a hug. I didn’t say anything but walked into the kitchen and started dinner. I knew what the boys liked, so that’s what we were having. They walked in minutes later.

 

“ What you doing?” Mikhal asked me. I was in the middle of tasting the sauce. I answered after I finished.

 

“ What does it look like? I’m cooking dinner. Spaghetti bolognaise. I thought both of you liked it.” I continued to cook. I put the pasta water on to boil and got four different pastas out of the cupboard.

 

“ Which one guys?” I asked because I didn’t really care. They both choose the penne. I put 2/3 of a bag of penne in the water when it boiled. After it was cooked I put everything in three bowls and put heaps of cheese on top of two. Narcusiss was lactose intolerant. I gave him the one with out cheese and the extra one to Mikhal. We sat around watching a movie marathon. I went to bed after the forth movie.

 

          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

It was very early, I could tell because the sky was still dark. It was the way I like it when I went jogging. I hated everyone crowding in around me. I walked into the lounge room and found both boys fast asleep on the lounge. I laughed silently. I couldn’t believe that they stayed up all night and watched all of those black and white movies. I walked past them and into the kitchen.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I felt as if someone or something was watching me suddenly. I looked around and saw a blue bird sitting on the windowsill. I opened the window and the bird didn’t fly away. I turned and walked back to the cupboard, that’s when it hit me, blue birds delivered messages to fallen angels, telling them things from the others. I walked back and touched the bird. It started talking. It wasn’t very surprising. It told me to watch my friends very closely when the moon was full. Than it flew away. I remembered suddenly that my wings showed on the night of the full moon. It was a constant problem. I closed the window and heard a grunt from the other room.

 

I looked around the door and saw that Narcusiss was slowly advancing to his room. I turned and walked back to my half prepared breakfast. I heard a soft thump as Narcusiss landed on his mattress. I also heard Mikhal snoring.   

 

I couldn’t believe that after eight months of arguing we got what we wanted. I loved the fact that I was no longer alone, although it could become a problem if the boys couldn’t accept my wings. They only just managed to accept that I was a fallen angel.

 

I finished breakfast and washed the dishes. It was lighter outside now and still the perfect time to go jogging. I left the boys a note and went out the door. I ran every Saturday morning at about 5:30am. I was an early riser and preferred to get an early start on things. I walked right into the janitor.

 

“ I’m so sorry.” I said as I looked at him. He nodded and continued to clean the floor. I walked outside and started to jog. I jogged for over two hours and than I headed back to my room. When I got there I realized I had forgotten my keys. I went to knock on the door when it opened.

 

“ Good morning. Forget something did we.” Mikhal said holding my keys up. I laughed and pushed past him. I walked into my room and shut my door. I found another package on my bed. I wondered if it was from the boys or from somebody else. I opened it and found that it was from my world. I couldn’t believe that they had sent me two things when I was supposed to be fallen.

 

I changed and walked out to the boys. Inside the package was a sapphire pendent with a silver chain. The boys noticed it instantly.

 

“ Where’d you get that?” Narcusiss asked accusingly. I had to explain everything to them about where I came from and where the necklace came from and why I had it. They were totally awed after. They couldn’t figure out why they sent it any more than I could.

 

We sat around watching cartoons and black and white movies all day and that night played video games till we all were too tired to continue. We went to bed at 6:58am on Sunday morning.

 

I heard noises outside my room but couldn’t muster enough energy to open my eyes. I felt like I had only just managed to get to sleep. I yelled out and told who ever it was to be quiet. I drifted back off to sleep. I awoke to someone shaking me.

 

“ What’s wrong Mikhal?” I asked before I had even opened my eyes. Mikhal didn’t answer me. I opened my eyes to find another angel starring at me from inches away.

 

“ Ok, your defiantly not Mikhal. Who are you? I don’t think I ever meant you before.” I asked as I looked at my alarm clock. It said that it was only 10:47am. I had only a few hours sleep. I wasn’t impressed.

 

“ I am Adrienne and no you haven’t meant me before. I’ve been sent to tell you to be careful. You don’t know how much information your friends can understand before they lose it. Now I have some things you need to know.” Adrienne said. She told me everything that had happened while I was gone. I sat there and listened. I couldn’t believe that my best friend had died and left the necklace for me. I wanted to visit her burial site but couldn’t without getting in trouble.

 

“ How did she die? I want to know.” I asked Adrienne. She looked sad suddenly. I knew what had killed her before she said anything. I heard muttering and realized it was me. I couldn’t understand why she had been executed.

 

“ Why did they do it? Answer me Adrienne.” I yelled at her. Adrienne looked away. I noticed she had tears falling down her cheeks.

 

“ She did something and was proclaimed fallen. She refused to leave. So they… they executed her. I actually tried to stop them. I knew how much her friendship meant to you. I wanted her to leave and come here. But…” Adrienne didn’t finish. Another angel had appeared. He was angry with Adrienne and I could feel his anger in the air.

 

“ What did she do to deserve to be killed? I can’t believe that you kill so easily. Angels ain’t meant to kill.” I yelled at him. He didn’t even answer me. He grabbed Adrienne and disappeared. I sat there and wondered. I just wouldn’t believe that Sheena was actually dead. It would have explained why I felt sad the other day.


© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Situations arose really abruptly in this piece.. I would try using more description in things again.. for example.. what was the air like outside when she went to jog? Did it smell like freshly mowed grass from a gardener starting his job early in the day? Did the air, fresh and cold, unbroken by anyone else, help wake her up? What could she hear? What did Adrienne look like? The other angel?
I would also try delving into her emotions more.. towards the end especially can more elaboration be used. I would also try using more pronouns. I would also run this through spellcheck.


Again, an interesting installment. This new development is attention catching. I might try to add some suspense towards the end of the chapter. Nice job altogether. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2010