Chapter #2

Chapter #2

A Chapter by Bryanna - QueenStephni

“ Now class if you will kindly bring your biographies down when you are called I will read them and tell you your marks before telling the rest of the class. This week it’s first name alphabetical order. So Alexis you are first.” He told the class. I walked down to his desk and handed over my biography. He read it and laughed at the right places.

 

“ Well done. I love your biographies. They are the absolute best. I give you an A+.” He said quietly. Out loud. “ An A+. Alexis’s biographies are the absolute best and I don’t think anybody else will get an A+ so I think it will be a waste of time to let you not do work. Here Alexis please hand out this sheet. It needs to be done by next lesson. Bernard, your next.” I handed out the sheets and laughed quietly when I passed the popular girls. They looked as if they had swallowed a lemon. I finished and went to the boys. By this time both boys had been up. Mikhal managed a B+ and Narcissus got a C.

 

“ I can’t believe that your biography got an A+ and we got less.” Narcissus said as we waited at the bell to go.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The bell went and we left. I had to go to French, while the boys had PE. French went as well as possible and I met with the boys under our tree.

 

“ How was PE today?” I asked as I started my lunch. We had gone to our rooms and grabbed lunch.

 

“ Alright. And how was French?” Mikhal answered with a question. I laughed.

 

“ So pretty much normal. I wonder if we have to go to our last class seeing that our teacher is sick?” Narcusiss said. None of us knew. I wanted to not go. I hated history. They had it wrong but if I said anything they would want an explanation and I wouldn’t know how to tell them. The bell went and we went to history. We didn’t need to go. We hung out in my room. A knock on the door and someone called out, saying that the principal wanted to see us.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

We walked into the principal’s office. It was semi dark and stank like sweat. I wondered what had we done.

 

“ Welcome. Now I re-considered your request and the answer is yes. You can move in boys. Now please leave.” The principal said. We left. I wondered what was wrong with him. The boys didn’t even realize that something was wrong.

 

“ I can’t believe that our request finally went through! I thought that he would never give.” Narcusiss said. I realized that what he said actually meant that I wouldn’t be alone anymore.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I loved my privacy but I preferred to have somebody else around. We walked out into the open and started running towards the boys’ room. We got all their stuff and took it to my room. I showed the boys to the spare rooms and left them to sort out their belongings. I had a detention to go to.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I walked into block D and headed for the 8th classroom. I walked up to the door and knocked. A teacher answered.

 

“ You must be Alexis Valcov!” The teacher stated. I only nodded. I wondered where the detention teacher was.

 

“ Enter than. Hurry up. Table at the front.” She said, pointing towards the table on the far side of the front row. I walked to where she pointed and found that she had placed me next to Jamil. I didn’t sit down.

 

“ Miss Valcov, is there a problem?” she asked. I nodded. She walked up and looked down at Jamil and me. “ What’s the problem?”  

 

He is. I only got this detention because of him and I’m not meant to be near him during the detentions we have together.” I answered her.

 

I disliked her. Her body language told me that she didn’t care and that she wanted a reason to give me an extra one.

 

“ Oh ok then. Sit up the back young man. You are staying at the front Miss now sit down.” She said. I sat. I was mildly happy. I raised my hand.

 

“ Yes?” Her voice carried anger quite well.

 

“ Umm what’s your name?” I asked as politely as I could. She looked as if I had asked something very personal. She finally looked as if she was going to answer.

 

“ Mrs Mac Orson. Why would you need to know?” She snapped. I laughed and just couldn’t stop. I finally managed to get my laughing under control.

 

“ Because I like to know as many teachers as possible, that’s all.” I answered, wiping a tear from my face. She let a little oh escape her mouth. Nobody else had spoken. The rest of the detention was boring.


© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would again try to make things less abrupt.. you can broaden out your sentences more, allow description to settle in subtly. I also didn't really get why Alexis found humor in the situation at detention.. it didn't really make sense to me.
Overall, this is a nice addition to the last chapter.. it moves along fluidly, even though you skip some time. Nice job. c:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 6, 2010